Daz Studio and Linux

1474849505153»

Comments

• antadev66antadev66 Posts: 37

Kyan001 said:

After installing nvlibs.sh this is what happens, it sees the gpu but won't work: 

Using OptiX version 7.3.0 2023-10-06 20:12:22.962 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: optixInit() failed: Library not found. Please update your NVIDIA driver (www.nvidia.com) to at least 471.41. 2023-10-06 20:12:22.962 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend warn : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090) is no longer available for rendering. 2023-10-06 20:12:22.962 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend warn : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090) is no longer available for rendering. 2023-10-06 20:12:22.963 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend warn : All available GPUs failed. 2023-10-06 20:12:22.963 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: Fallback to CPU not allowed. 2023-10-06 20:12:22.963 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090): Device initialization failed, will not be used 2023-10-06 20:12:22.966 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : Rendering with 0 device(s): 2023-10-06 20:12:22.966 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : Rendering... 2023-10-06 20:12:22.966 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: No worker to render with: aborting render

Excuse me but you should really try to READ the logs that you post. It says right there what you ought to try. I quote:

Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: optixInit() failed: Library not found. Please update your NVIDIA driver (www.nvidia.com) to at least 471.41

• nikoarnikoar Posts: 2
    edited January 14

Hi there, long time lurker on the forums...first time posting something here...I think.
    Long story short, I found a spare drive and decided to try Garuda Linux and what the heck, I threw daz on the mix. To my surprise, the installation was as just as if it was on windows. Nothing to do but to click next until it finished.
    I leave you the screenshot while it's rendering, dforce is working aswell.
    Sorry for the quick scene I put together, it was just to test it.

Edit: My bad, while it's working as I said earlier I didn't realized that it was using the cpu and not the gpu, I just thought the slow start on rendering was due to being run on lutris. I'll have to do more testings to see what can I do to make it use the gpu.

Screenshot_20240113_232051.png
    3440 x 1440 - 6M
    Post edited by nikoar on
  • TiZTiZ Posts: 21
    edited January 17

nikoar said:

Hi there, long time lurker on the forums...first time posting something here...I think.
    Long story short, I found a spare drive and decided to try Garuda Linux and what the heck, I threw daz on the mix. To my surprise, the installation was as just as if it was on windows. Nothing to do but to click next until it finished.
    I leave you the screenshot while it's rendering, dforce is working aswell.
    Sorry for the quick scene I put together, it was just to test it.

Edit: My bad, while it's working as I said earlier I didn't realized that it was using the cpu and not the gpu, I just thought the slow start on rendering was due to being run on lutris. I'll have to do more testings to see what can I do to make it use the gpu.

We covered this extensively in the previous page. Make sure CUDA is working on the host, and then install the most recent nvidia-libs in the Wine prefix. You don't need to run nvml_setup.sh because you probably don't need Daz Studio to be able to check GPU temps and other such stats.

Post edited by TiZ on
  • XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited February 6

Hello!

I noticed a strange thing about DAZ Studio and Iray in Linux.

I use Arch Linux and the I3 window manager, installed and configured everything as described above. Iray did not work.

Then I installed XFCE4, Iray did not work.

Then I installed Gnome and suddenly Iray did work!!!

That is a bit strange to me. Seems there was a dependency or library missing that Gnome installed by default, But I don´t like to use Gnome. Does anyone know what library I was missing and why Iray works with Gnome and not with I3 or XFCE4? I want to use DAZ and Iray in I3 or XFCE4.

Thanks.

EDIT: When I say Iray, I mean Iray with my NVIDIA 2060 GPU. Iray with CPU always works, but I want to use the GPU of course.

Post edited by XoechZ on
  • does anyone have any tips for getting dforce working on steam deck? daz itself works completely fine in WINE with no problems, but i can't get it to recognise the opencl device. i followed mork's guide on page 26 of this thread, clinfo says everythings working on the linux side of things, and i have the windows AMD SDK in my wine prefix. unsure where i went wrong.

• ssoplerssopler Posts: 14

XoechZ said:

That is a bit strange to me. Seems there was a dependency or library missing that Gnome installed by default, But I don´t like to use Gnome. Does anyone know what library I was missing and why Iray works with Gnome and not with I3 or XFCE4? I want to use DAZ and Iray in I3 or XFCE4.

Thanks.

EDIT: When I say Iray, I mean Iray with my NVIDIA 2060 GPU. Iray with CPU always works, but I want to use the GPU of course.

I cant think of anything other than perhaps something regarding wine and usage of window manager. Do other things work with dxvk and nvapi? You can set up a prefix and run something like Unigine Superposition with dxvk and nvapi (nvlibs). This should provide some nvidia related information aswell as DXVK related information. (Run with DXVK_HUD=full and you should get some dxvk related info).

If that works like a champ with whatever window manager, i do not know.

• TiZTiZ Posts: 21

XoechZ said:

Hello!

I noticed a strange thing about DAZ Studio and Iray in Linux.

I use Arch Linux and the I3 window manager, installed and configured everything as described above. Iray did not work.

Then I installed XFCE4, Iray did not work.

Thanks.

Have you tried running Daz Studio in XFCE or i3 while GNOME is installed? It's possible that one of the dependencies that GNOME pulls down causes CUDA to work, connecting some dots that would otherwise go unconnected. CUDA is a hard requirement for GPU rendering. To diagnose CUDA issues, I like to do the following things to figure out at what point it's failing:

• First: run the Linux version of CUDA-Z. If your GPU isn't detected here, then you need to investigate CUDA enablement on your distro. Installation of GNOME may be connecting these dots for you.
    • Second: run the Windows version of CUDA-Z in the Wine prefix that Daz Studio is installed in. If this fails, that usually means you need to install nvidia-libs in the prefix.
    • As long as both those boxes are checked, you should be able to see the GPU in Daz Studio.

There's also another factor: GPU offloading. Is your computer a laptop? You need to set special environment variables while launching an application for GPU offloading to work. XFCE and i3 do not do this for you, but GNOME and Plasma do. If it doesn't work in XFCE and i3 while GNOME is installed, then this could explain why.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102

Thanks for your answers and suggestions.

I finally made DAZ Studio with GPU Iray work on a fresh install with XFCE4. The only thing I did was to install file-roller instead of xarchiver for Thunar archive management. File-roller installs the following files:

extra/fuse-common         3.16.2-1               0.00 MiB             0.00 MiB
    extra/fuse3               3.16.2-1               0.46 MiB             0.12 MiB
    extra/geoclue             2.7.1-2                1.55 MiB             0.22 MiB
    extra/libcamera           0.2.0-1                1.39 MiB             0.44 MiB
    extra/libcamera-ipa       0.2.0-1                0.37 MiB             0.11 MiB
    extra/libhandy            1.8.3-1                2.43 MiB             0.45 MiB
    extra/libpipewire         1:1.0.3-1              1.66 MiB             0.38 MiB
    extra/libportal           0.7.1-2                0.47 MiB             0.08 MiB
    extra/libportal-gtk3      0.7.1-2                0.04 MiB             0.01 MiB
    extra/pipewire            1:1.0.3-1              3.17 MiB             0.65 MiB
    extra/xdg-desktop-portal  1.18.2-1               2.28 MiB             0.40 MiB
    extra/file-roller         43.1-1                 4.14 MiB             0.76 MiB

So it has to be one of these files/dependencies that made it work. Because everything else is the same.

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,153

33marie333 said:

does anyone have any tips for getting dforce working on steam deck? daz itself works completely fine in WINE with no problems, but i can't get it to recognise the opencl device. i followed mork's guide on page 26 of this thread, clinfo says everythings working on the linux side of things, and i have the windows AMD SDK in my wine prefix. unsure where i went wrong.

Not sure how old this post is, but having similar issues with OpenCL and WINE.