File Attachments to posts not working

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888

Merged threads

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157

File uploads have been broken again or me for the last 6 hours.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,772

2 hours for me...

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

The new hamsters are obviously Gen z and need to be praised three times a week to kind a work! cool  angel

It's working for me again now. Does it only work in the middle of the night?

• CykloneCyklone Posts: 102

Hi everybody,

Is the function "attach a file " still not working or it's just me ?
    I still get that " Uploading " going nowhere...
    Any ideas or infos ? Is there something I should do to fix this ?
    I'm on Firefox up to date and with max security LV ( 4 )

In advance, thank you.

Cheers !

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,054

Not working for me either, but some people had been able to attach files.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,772

Not working for me either...  4 - 6 hours each day, esp this week...

It only works for me late at night (US Eastern time zone).

• Merged threads

Failed repeatedly again this afternoon.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Failing repeatedly now... but with style and determination.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Not working for me now. Ubuntu and .png
    Uploading.........................................................................................................

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited June 2023

It's not working AGAIN and now it's getting annoying. Daz, please fix. I know it's a tall order, but...take a little time from messing up the store search to fix the busted forums. Please :)

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 291

Can confirm.  Spent 10 minutes working on a picture to upload with a post and: uploading, uploading, uploading...

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

Hmm, my phone can upload but not my PC...

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited June 2023

cool  yes

Uploads.png
    640 x 480 - 450K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DashZackDashZack Posts: 0

Can't attach files this afternoon. Failing repeatedly...

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233

(Trail Riding.png) Failed to write file to disk. Has any encountered this problem when trying to upload attachments? 2023-06-06.png Bottom left side is the error. Yes, all my files are on my computer, not Onedrive.

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,153

How has a "Save the Hamsters" thread not already started?

I haven't been able to upload an attachment for several days and the weird thing that keeps happening is that in the Art Studio thread "An OT thread for images..." I can rarely get the last page (10) to load... all the others do, but not 10... I get half a page and it freezes... on any device/computer/browser I try it on. 1-9 load fine, but 10 is a no-go.  Page 10 did load a couple of times, but uploading images is impossible (the eternal "...Uploading" thing).

I also tried uploading an image to other posts, but the same... just Eternal Uploading.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824

I sneak one in occasionally but most fail 

failing now

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited June 2023

Half the time I try, it ain't workin' and Daz seems unwilling or unable to fix it. angry

Post edited by AllenArt on

Well, I think they were busy with the Empty Andy Debacle, so that took up a lot of time... but on the other hand it's been a problem from a couple of weeks before that, but it just got a lot worse recently... but at least we got four cool fre... uh... I mean... eh... whatever... Yeah, I got nuthin'... actually we all got nuthin'... but on the bright side it probably be fixed eventually... and it'll probably break again not long after... you know... circle of life and all... I suppose.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,736

It's good to know it's a problem on DAZ's end, rather than on ours! I tried a couple times to upload an image, and blamed it on T-Mobile's wanky wi-fi. Then I got tired of waiting.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

For me it's not just images but every type of file,  I just get the endless "Uploading" message,  it been like this for well over a month now. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

Platnumk said:

For me it's not just images but every type of file,  I just get the endless "Uploading" message,  it been like this for well over a month now. 

Depends on time of day. I have been able to upload images when people in the US are asleep, just like now.

Test.PNG
    484 x 224 - 19K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

PerttiA said:

Platnumk said:

Depends on time of day. I have been able to upload images when people in the US are asleep, just like now.

Heeeyyyy! I seldom sleep, and when I do, it is with one eye open! (Does that still count?)
  • Hoplite490Hoplite490 Posts: 90

I am having this issue as well. I went through the post above and nothing seems to work. I cannot post any image to forums

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330

Trying to upload a moment ago and wasn't going anywhere, just said uploading and nothing else.