Dragonhide PCS for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Male & Female [Commercial]

Comments

• KensaiKensai Posts: 23

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Glad to see this is finally in the wild! Looking forward to seeing what people render up with it! As always, I really do appreciate the support and hope you enjoy the suit, it has been a long time in the making.

Nice render Tiziano!

Love your work mate! This one is for you wink

Full size here - https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6327295115526144#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1239812

Enjoy!

Tia_Dragonhide_011s2.png
    1064 x 1092 - 1M
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,351

I wanted a version that felt smaller but still bulky*, so I did some playing around with scaling and joint translations to see if I could come up with something that fitted my needs a bit more closely.

* My setting's canon is supposed to have early generation power armour, so the fact it's not two millimetres of skin-tight armour with nowhere to fit servos is perfect, but the canon is that it's mostly used as a "siege breaker" in urban environments (the suits are rare, and taking multiple hits or getting flanked is more likely in an urban environment), so a size that fits through doorways without *too* much hassle is vital.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

These are some awesome renders and mods. I especially love the one with the driver climbing on the ladder outside of the rig. More details please! Matt_Castle great job, more details please.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I love this outfit! Thank you for all the customizations, decals, etc.

DragonHideBattleground.png
    1068 x 854 - 2M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I REALLY appreciate the opacity decal approach. It can be very frustrating with some items where you are forced to use the exact dress of the provided textures or come up with entirely new textures (or do some deep surgery).

Great work, and very inspiring, HH!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

Oso3D said:

My first thought was to basically turn it into a robot:

My second thought was to tinker with the scaling to make it look a bit more, er, comfortable!

I scaled the figure 125%, then used Head Propagating Scale -24% and Neck Length 100% to adjust the head to my liking.

Head Propagating Scale?

Another drone.  I was working on some human pilots yesterday put haven't pinned anything down yet.

I think Head Propagating Scale is in the base Head Morphs product.

It cleanly scales up the head and all parts of the head (like eyes)

Guard duty. Watching the skies.

DragonhideAerialLandingPad.png
    800 x 1000 - 866K
  • Loving these renders! Lots of energy around them.

Let's have a vote with a poll!

Vote here for your desired Dragonhide Expansion(s). You can select multiple answers!

Oso3D said:

I think Head Propagating Scale is in the base Head Morphs product.

It cleanly scales up the head and all parts of the head (like eyes)

I found it, you have to select the figure, then under the Parameters tab, navigate to Head-->Real World.

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Loving these renders! Lots of energy around them.

Let's have a vote with a poll!

Vote here for your desired Dragonhide Expansion(s). You can select multiple answers!

Completed.  I don't know if this falls under additional armor peices for customization, but Robot heads would be awesome.

edited August 2022
    Voting done. If you make more materials, can you include some for the bayonet. Thanks!
    Post edited by dawnblade on

dawnblade said:

Voting done. If you make more materials, can you include some for the bayonet. Thanks!

Need Police Logos and badges too.  I may try and do my own.

I voted Science and Construction, but really any of it would be nice.

• KensaiKensai Posts: 23

Voted! Anything extra is cream. My only suggestion if I may, is to keep parts modular, for easy customization. Your art is spot on to fit the colonial marines / stuff from James Cameron scifi to Starcraft Terran marines universe. 

You can probably even go further and add parts like wheels or tracks on the feet like Heavy gear style, where the suit can go into a highspeed movement mode. Exposed engine backpacks, stealth armor with battery backpack coils, etc. limitless

I would love to see a pilots compartment ala milanab.

• TizianoTiziano Posts: 263

I voted for EVERYTHING.

^_^

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Tiziano said:

I voted for EVERYTHING.

^_^

Me too laugh

For those of you who prefer the look of the subdued insignias select the patch and change the Base Color value to 125 (or something similar to taste). That seems to work pretty good for me.

My $.02.

• I think of the medic like in StarCraft. He has a big shield, some kind of syringes on his arm and a red cross on his shoulder. So I voted for the scientist and poses) I also like the idea of a peaceful loader in yellow and black colors with a fork like in Aliens. From the military, the flamethrower looks very attractive

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,115
    edited August 2022
    I voted for science class, though I plan on using it for sci-fi civilian renders, like research facility exo-suits or for first responders. As is, I can kitbash for this thanks to the decals and material zones.
    Post edited by MimicMolly on

Playing around more with scale

Oso3D said:

Interesting.

edited August 2022

Get Off My Planet

This is a redo of an older render.  Replaced the old mecha and added the soldier next to him and the aircraft.  Much better.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • TizianoTiziano Posts: 263

Oso3D said:

The scale is 500%? 

Just checked, 400%.

Also, for earlier renders, the Head Propagating Scale is under Head/Real World, though I usually just type it in the filter and click Actor and let it find it.

• RaneRane Posts: 142
    edited August 2022

I've got to say, this suit has been an automatic purchase for me, and I've loved every little bit of it.  I've included four pieces of what I've made so far.

Mech Walk 7a.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Mech Walk 6.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Mech walk.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    WindWalker.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Rane on
  • Very creative renders! Looks like, from the voting results, that most want more armor with a side of guns. smiley Thanks for taking the time to vote!

When would "more armour with a side of guns" not be an appropriate answer?