Dragonhide PCS for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Male & Female [Commercial]

Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
edited August 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Dragonhide Powered Combat Suit [Commercial]

• Genesis 8 Male & Female
  • Genesis 8.1 Male & Female
  • Works best with restricted pose limits
  • Max texture size is 2048x2048 so renders fast!
  • Designed with idea to create your own shoulder insignia out of the box!
  • Expansive products planned (weapons, gear, loadouts, props) depending on sales
  • Hoping to include a sale: Get the bundle > get any of my other products cheap with it.

​- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Grab it here!

​- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256

I look forward to it and mention how much I like Ronen!

• Put Yellow and Red textuters .

• The RED Crown said:

Put Yellow and Red textuters .

Not all texture varieties are shown here but I have two red ones...

For yellow, are you meaning like a utility style theme? 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
    Looks fantastic!
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Looks amazing

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited June 2022

The screenshots are amazing, but i think that the proportions are slightly off, because how would a human fit into the combat suit? It seems too small to be oprerated only from the torso and too big to be operated from the full figure.

Post edited by wizard1200 on
  • Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited June 2022

wizard1200 said:

The screenshots are amazing, but i think that the proportions are slightly off, because how would a human fit into the combat suit? It seems too small to be oprerated only from the torso and too big to be operated from the full figure.

From a technical stand point absolutely. However, the suit was designed to be like the common space marines of Warhammer, Starcraft, and the likes...where when you look at them from a technical stand point, they don't make sense. But they fit the overall desired size of the unit and the end result animates more like a large person would rather than a clunky mess.

Edit: Here is kind of an idea to show off what it may have been if scaled to properly fit a human inside. I'm a very technical person and like things to be realistic but I think the original is the most aesthetically pleasing. I guess we'll consider them genetically modified.

• Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

The RED Crown said:

Put Yellow and Red textuters .

Not all texture varieties are shown here but I have two red ones...

For yellow, are you meaning like a utility style theme? 

yes 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    edited June 2022

I don't know how late in the process everything is, but with the right visor texturing you could uset his as a credible robot.

I mean, I'm sure as heck buying this the second it comes out, regardless, and I'm THRILLED to see a credible battlesuit. Rare as hen's teeth in the store.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

I'm gonna BUY THIS SO HARD when it comes out!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,799

wizard1200 said:

I was picturing them with their knees drawn up to their chests hands in front clasped on a controller as could not see any other posibilty but amputees which is also plausable 

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited June 2022

I have to agree with WendyLuvsCatz, the user would have to sit scrunched up in the body as their arms & legs would probably be dislocated if they wore this as a suit.

It looks awsome but just doesnt work proportion wise.

Post edited by Mouser on
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792
    Wow, beautiful modeling and texturing. Looking forward to the release.
  • Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

wizard1200 said:

From a technical stand point absolutely. However, the suit was designed to be like the common space marines of Warhammer, Starcraft, and the likes...where when you look at them from a technical stand point, they don't make sense. But they fit the overall desired size of the unit and the end result animates more like a large person would rather than a clunky mess.

Edit: Here is kind of an idea to show off what it may have been if scaled to properly fit a human inside. I'm a very technical person and like things to be realistic but I think the original is the most aesthetically pleasing. I guess we'll consider them genetically modified.

I agree this is both aesthetically amazing and the best approach to replicating the original inspirations--which are anatomically implausible. If someone wants to think about how they all fit, they could easily be huddled up inside the chest's cockpit and using a neural interface to move the body as if it was their own. Or, as pointed out by WendyLuvsCatz, by amputees, which also fit the original inspiration perfectly well.

Anyway, congratulations on such an interesting project. I've never seen the likes of it in the store, and appreciate how insanely difficult it must have been.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

I hope you don't change it to accomodate 'perceptions of the person inside'!  It is AMAZING as is, and just how a person fits inside can be left up to everyone's own interpretation and imagination.  Personally I like the idea of amputees, or even better 'Augmented' interfaces where limbs would have been.  Works fine for me!  Please don't reconfigure this AWESOME looking model!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

This is awesome!

• Gogger said:

I hope you don't change it to accomodate 'perceptions of the person inside'!  It is AMAZING as is, and just how a person fits inside can be left up to everyone's own interpretation and imagination.  Personally I like the idea of amputees, or even better 'Augmented' interfaces where limbs would have been.  Works fine for me!  Please don't reconfigure this AWESOME looking model!

Haha, no what you see is final so no worries.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
    This is gorgeous. Can't wait! :3
  • rrwardrrward Posts: 556

Sneak in Buzz Lightyear colorings.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I will buy everything you make for this or anything else like this.

Any idea when?

• Sigurd said:

I will buy everything you make for this or anything else like this.

Any idea when?

The bundle is still in the early stages of going through PASS and I'm sure this is an usual thing to test so it may take some time. Release dates cannot be shared either way.

The first loadout though, that'll consist of the Rifle, a shoulder-mounted Grenade Launcher, a Combat Knife, and various additional equipment additions is being worked on now and will be the next product to follow up the release of this armored suit bundle. In case anyone is wondering, the loadout will not be in the bundle, so don't miss out on initial release sales of the bundle.

Instabuy guaranteed! Cannot wait! I know you cannot reveal release dates, I was just wondering if we were talking weeks or months, but I will wait with 'bated breath untill these are released.Trying to imagine a suitable dropship for them.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

I will buy this for sure!!

I might buy a few of these so I can have one of each texture.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

OH... my! This has cool written all over it.

Now how about a crazy chain gun to go with it? 

• This is GLORIOUS. Thank you!

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited June 2022

I think it is coming from a sector pretty far away in the galaxy so it's taking some time to get here but the journey's end is near. Drop zone is cleared hot! The last radio transmission I got updated me shows some new content I will share with you. The planet needs to be ready for touchdown though so an early warning was given so those could plan ahead for a big release from me.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Very nice. Still waiting for it to be released.

Such an instabuy!