Dragonhide PCS for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Male & Female [Commercial]

Comments

• The Loadout product that includes the rifle, grenade launcher, and equipment add-ons needs to be added into the bundle and released along side it. I will update here once I have something to show for it. This just isn't another outfit, it requires a lot of extra product support to really utilize it (textures, poses, a gun, etc) so the wait will be worth it.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,550

Will the weapons be in another set? But looks awesome

• GhostofMacbeth said:

Will the weapons be in another set? But looks awesome

It is a stand-alone product but will also be included in the bundle that will include 4 products now (Dragonhide Base, Textures, Poses, Weapon Loadout).

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084
    Cannot wait.
  • RaneRane Posts: 142

Hnnnnng.  I need one.  

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited July 2022

I'm curious! Because of the anatomical distortions, does this mean it's a stand-alone figure or uses a Genesis figure and removes the limbs from them?

Think it would be very cool to include a options so that the glass can be turned into metal compatible with each texture, for people who want to just depict it as a droid.

Story-wise, I think I'd just say mine use surgically amputated people. :) The 'X-Com' games basically do that: Volunteer soldiers who convert fully over to having droid augmentation.

EDIT: Just noticed it's a verified Genesis product!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Xenomorphine said:

I'm curious! Because of the anatomical distortions, does this mean it's a stand-alone figure or uses a Genesis figure and removes the limbs from them?

Think it would be very cool to include a options so that the glass can be turned into metal compatible with each texture, for people who want to just depict it as a droid.

Story-wise, I think I'd just say mine use surgically amputated people. :) The 'X-Com' games basically do that: Volunteer soldiers who convert fully over to having droid augmentation.

EDIT: Just noticed it's a verified Genesis product!

Yes, made for the genesis 8 and 8.1 male and females. The suit just makes use of the Dragonhide morph that morphs the body (only the parts under the syuit) into the proper proportions needed to get the proper fit. Neck and head are untouched so you can make use of whatever head morph you choose to and is the only visible part anyways.

The visor is it's own material zone and this suit has a LOT of material zones so you can easily customize it to get the exact look you want. As long as it does well in the store, I'll probably come out with some alternative armor pieces, visors, etc so you can customize it even further. A droid-style head is certainly possible down road. If I do proceed with expansions though, I may open up a poll with a variety of options and allow people to vote on what they want to see most. There's a lot you can expand on here.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533
    edited July 2022

OH $%#@ YEAH!  About ^%&* time!

I'm gonna instabuy this so you make more (don't usually do that).  I've waited so long for something like this, I think I'm going to cry.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited July 2022

I can't provide a release timeframe and the release is being pushed back some because the Alpha Loadout product is really needed before this thing can ship out so it can be a part of the bundle and you have a gun to use out of the box. I can promise you though I'm working very hard to get this into your hands as fast as possible and very glad that you are excited for it. It has been a pure passion project that I hope many will enjoy, and if they do, expect a whole lot more hardware for it!

I'm almost finished with the Gauss-Assisted Rifle that will come in the Alpha Loadout. Here's a look...

Edit:

...and to put things into perspective on the size difference between this gun and a standard assault rifle. This gun was very much needed. I could have just scaled up another gun but that's not how I do things and it wouldn't look right along side regular humans with regular sized guns..

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Take all the time you need to get it right. I am sure by the time it is released we will all be wowed and soon forget the waiting. I love your Gauss Assisted Rifle. First of all, Gauss (Johann Carl Friedrich Gauß) was my favorite mathematician and G.A.R. or gar is spear in Proto-Germanic as evidenced in names like Wulfgar (von dem Einherjar).

So really cool. This will make a nice addition to my Gepanzerte Jäger (Armored Hunters)!

edited July 2022

I understand about the release date.  I don't usually buy bundles, but I think I'm going to save my money for this one. Been waiting a long time for a product like this, so I want to support it right out of the gate.  I have a few of your other pruducts so I know your work is solid.  I'll promote the hell out of this one for you.

On another notes, I'm wondering what DFire's Cyborg Generation 8 would like inside this baby.  LOL.  I'm going to have so much fun with this.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Actual real technology which is now commercially available!

• The grenade launcher is ready for action!

...and yes, if you want dual grenade launchers side by side, it is a possibility. I will be sharing more in the coming days as progress continues in the development of the Alpha Loadout product.

Sweet

(mic drop)

edited July 2022

Major 'X-COM' vibes!

Idea: Perhaps modular mounts on different parts of the body, like the forearms? So that whichever weapon or tool (could be an industrial/construction suit, instead of purely combat) type we want could be individually smart-attached to any of them?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on

Seriously, this is becoming so much more than I had hoped for. Amazing job!

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited July 2022

Store art promo showing off the firing effects of the rifle... The idea heere is since it is only gauss-assisted it still utilizes traditional gun powder as well for initial projectile acceleration while the magnetic acceleration takes the projectile to much higher velocity before leaving the barrel. Plus it makes for a cool looking firing aesthetic. 

This image also showcases many other things a part of this loadout product:

• 3 add-ons for the Guass Rifle
      • Laser + Camera sight (with laser effect seen above)
      • Bayonet attachment
      • Alternate Support Grip attachment
    • "Dark Sands" material preset for suit (1 of 3 new included)
    • New Insignia included for Pauldrons
    • Grenade Launcher
    • Personal Radar Terrain mapper (for accurate grenade path targeting)
    • Self-Defense Antennae Jammer
    • Add-ons will include a variety of material presets to help match armor colors

I will be sharing more store art promos as I finish them. Hoping to get this wrapped up and submitted to Daz before next week!

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on
  • Daddyo3dDaddyo3d Posts: 14

looking forward

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited July 2022

This might be a silly question but will the muzzle flash be vdb or just 2D images?

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4Art said:

This might be a silly question but will the muzzle flash be vdb or just 2D images?

It is just textures on planes.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

... the suit was designed to be like the common space marines of Warhammer, Starcraft, and the likes...where when you look at them from a technical stand point, they don't make sense ... I'm a very technical person and like things to be realistic but I think the original is the most aesthetically pleasing. I guess we'll consider them genetically modified.

A friend of mine once went to the RQMS (Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant, the senior non-commissioned officer in charge of equipment and supplies) to ask for a new pair of boots:

FRIEND: "Sarge, I'd like a new pair of boots. These are too small."

RQ: (feigning deafness) "I'm sorry, son, I can't hear you -- what did you say?"

FRIEND: (louder) "These boots are too small. I need a new pair."

RQ: (shakes head, looks puzzled) "I'm still not hearing you, lad."

FRIEND (finally gets it): "Uh, my feet are too big for these boots."

RQ: (beaming) "Oh, right. Well, why didn't you say so at once?"

In the army, all your equipment is perfect. If there's a problem, there must be something wrong with you.

FUTURE RQ: "Oh dear, oh dear, you seem to have altogether too many limbs for the Dragonhide unit. That won't do. Why don't you run along to the medical officer and get that taken care of?"

This just keeps gettng better.

This is great! My only suggestion/request would be to include subdued insignias for the armor. I just think it looks odd to have bright colored patches on a camouflage uniform. Two color patches would be a nice look.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDMwOA==/z/yaMAAOxyVaBS-sW7/$_3.JPG?set_id=2

Just my .02 .

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

Gonna need some platform stilletos with this.

• HellwolveHellwolve Posts: 156

Oh, my :o

How many of us check this page first thing every morning?

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Sigurd said:

How many of us check this page first thing every morning?

I do.