Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

The Savage - Great looking cars, very nice crisp render.

I purchased the seamless textures by David and Horo, and I though I try as many as I could in one scene.

castle1.jpg
    1754 x 881 - 297K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, the waves are a work in progress and I'm not completely happy with them and trying to refine what I'm doing, but I think every time I get a "one size fits all solution", I realize I'm like Wyle E. Coyote and have to go back to the drawing board! LOL There probably isn't a one-size-fits-all, but I do want to get some that I can use as a basis for my scenes. I shall keep working on them and I appreciate the comments because that's how I get better. :-)

@hansmar and vivien: yes, the alligator is hidden and that was the intent. I work in areas like this everyday and coming across a gator or venomous snake is a common occurance, and they are often hidden from plain view. :)

@hansmar: I love the scene. The trees a great and clouds look really neat. I can see myself lying on the ground looking up at the clouds and being in awe of all the shapes. Nice job!

@Dave: OK, come on, those are photos and not Bryce renders! :-) You've done a fabulous job there. Hard pressed to say they're 3D scenes.

@vivien: Great render! Where did you get those props?! Love them. I also have that set of textures by David/Horo and it's great.

In an abstract mood today....needed to just take a break from the landscapes and let my mind float....methinks it floated far away. LOL

Abstract_3.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 1M
    Abstract_2.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 2M
    Abstract_1.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 940K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited December 1969

It's been awhile since I've played around with Bryce. I did some cave scenes in 2000, so decided to tray a few more. These are based on paired terrains, with the terrain map inverted for the lower terrain. Each terrain is then edited to add some differences between them.

cave_2015_05.jpg
    1000 x 598 - 125K
    cave_2015_04a.jpg
    1000 x 598 - 170K
    cave_2015_02b.jpg
    1000 x 598 - 128K
    cave_2015_02a.jpg
    1000 x 598 - 137K
    cave_2015_02.jpg
    1000 x 598 - 103K
    edited December 1969

In an abstract mood today….needed to just take a break from the landscapes and let my mind float….methinks it floated far away.

all three are very coo! and quite different from each other
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited December 1969

RG said:
    It's been awhile since I've played around with Bryce. I did some cave scenes in 2000, so decided to tray a few more. These are based on paired terrains, with the terrain map inverted for the lower terrain. Each terrain is then edited to add some differences between them.

Welcome back :-)

Amazing scenes. I tried something along those lines a while ago but I wasn't happy with the results but those are very true to life.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

@Art - nice swimming tree trunk :-) very nicely done. I like the abstracts.

@hansmar - this is a great landscape, the clouds are a bit special but the scene looks very nice and natural.

@Dave - great car renders. The lower one looks like Immortal Elegance by Elele.

@vivien1 - very nice scene.

@RG - very nice selection of caves.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@ fencepost : Very nice landscapes and coastal renders!

@ hansmar : I really like your clouds and the vegetation in your picture, well done.

edited December 1969

I would like to thanks everyone for your great comments on my last render, glad to see that my work is appreciate.

Keep up working, those posts are full of so many nice pictures!

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone!
    Here are two versions of the pictures. Compare render time, quality and so on. What do you think about this?
    Lighting is a different, conditions of render too.
    Large images see my DAZ gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=slepalex&x=0&y=0
    and here http://slepalex.deviantart.com/
    ___

Golden Field (v1)

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 64 rpp, TA, Soft Shadows. Render time 9:42:54.
    Lighting: the Sun, 10% Soft Shadows.
    In scene 2 types of grass from the library, 3 type Bryce Trees, including the yellow grass. Plants cloned by Instancing Lab.

File size 32.2 MB.
    Transparent foliage does not apply.

Golden_Field_(v1).jpg
    1024 x 640 - 291K
    edited December 1969

Golden field (v 2)

Bryce 7 Pro. Render Premium 16 rpp, Soft Shadows. Render time 2:43:32.
    Lighting: the Sun (10% Soft Shadows), three sources Radial Light (soft shadows 20%).
    In scene 2 types of grass from the library, 3 type Bryce Trees, including the yellow grass. Plants cloned by Instancing Lab.

File size 32.2 MB.
    Apply transparent properties of leaves and grass.

Golden_field_(v_2).jpg
    1024 x 640 - 290K
    edited May 2015

@Alex - I compared the full sizes by alternately activating one and the other. The render times if both are at 64 rpp are comparable. Just from the colours, I like the first one better. But it seems to be the better quality as well. The trees in the distance look much more real. On the second render, the shadowy parts of the trees look flat compared to the ones in the first render.

Also the grass looks stronger, more vibrant, more real in this strong sun light. On the second (yellow) one the grass is darker. The plants are difficult to compare because the colour is different. However, both renders are fantastic and I wouldn't have noticed the differences. Only click-comparing made the differences obvious.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited May 2015

Horo said:
    @Alex - I compared the full sizes by alternately activating one and the other. The render times if both are at 64 rpp are comparable. Just from the colours, I like the first one better. But it seems to be the better quality as well. The trees in the distance look much more real. On the second render, the shadowy parts of the trees look flat compared to the ones in the first render.

Also the grass looks stronger, more vibrant, more real in this strong sun light. On the second (yellow) one the grass is darker. The plants are difficult to compare because the colour is different. However, both renders are fantastic and I wouldn't have noticed the differences. Only click-comparing made the differences obvious.

Thank you, Horo. The second renderer 16 rpp without TA.
    I decided not to take the third rendering with lighting Sphere Dome Light. Surely it would be a better rendering.
    More there is a difference in the presence or absence of transparency leaves.

Post edited by Slepalex on
    edited December 1969

@Alex - you're welcome. I think the transparency on the leaves has a greater impact than TA. 64 rpp was probably not necessary on the first render. 16 > 64 render time x 4. Now that's my impression; let's see what others observe. We can only learn.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited December 1969

Messing about with a volume sphere with clouds again. The trees are there just for interest as I don't like too much bareness in a view although I may have overdone it :-)

The sphere is flattened into a disc and elongated left and right. The only difference in the images is that the disc has been moved in different ways. Lit by IBL using the sky and the sun and the disc/clouds are excluded from the IBL. I think they all took about 2 hours to render.

Wind Swept

windswept-004.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 491K
    windswept-003.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 512K
    windswept-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 469K
    edited December 1969

@ Alex : both renders are looking great. Due to T.A mode at 64 rays per pixel, details of shadows are better in image 1. However, image 2 is very nice for a "normal mode" render, I like yellow flowers in the second one, really natural.

The first picture could be compare to a Vue render, fullmarks!

edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    @ Alex : both renders are looking great. Due to T.A mode at 64 rays per pixel, details of shadows are better in image 1. However, image 2 is very nice for a "normal mode" render, I like yellow flowers in the second one, really natural.

Thank you, Mark. Image 2 also Premium, but 16 rpp and without TA.

edited December 1969

slepalex said:
    c-ram said:

Thank you, Mark. Image 2 also Premium, but 16 rpp and without TA.

Are you going to render the scene one more time using a sphere dome light? Maybe you'll get improvement with global ambiance and shadows while employing this methode which is one of your favorite.

edited May 2015

c-ram said:

Are you going to render the scene one more time using a sphere dome light? Maybe you'll get improvement with global ambiance and shadows while employing this methode which is one of your favorite.

I also think that the third option (Premium 16 rpp with Sphere Dome Light) will be the best. I think I'll do it! However, already 3 works expect a long render and time isn't enough. :-(

___

PS. Just checked the 3rd version. A small area. It differs little from the 2nd. But different in a good way. But time rendering promises infinity.

Post edited by Slepalex on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Art - Thank you for your comment . I only use 3 models, which I got from Archive 3d. the main door of the house, the ornate part of the columns and the female figure for the statue , the rest is all put together with Bryce. Regarding your abstract, very eye catching, lovely materials

Horo - Thank you

RG - Really nice looking caves, I like the ambiance of the second one

Alex - Wonderful landscapes. I do prefer the first one, the clarity, shading and lighting makes it look more realistic

Sandy - Nice trio. I'm still to venture into using volumetric materials.

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

My Dad had major heart surgery last year, and he wants me to make him a T-shirt with a heart with a bandage on it saying "I'm not dying from this. I'm living with it!". So I immediately thought of Bryce. I figured just a cone and a couple of spheres would work, but, in practice, well, take a look at my third and best attempt at arranging these three objects below. Silly, huh?

I was hoping some of you had to tackle this in the past, and could share your method.

@Mermaid - You had a nice heart shaped gemstone, um, here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/782209/
    How was that made? Or, was it an imported object?

In the meantime, I'm going to try again replacing the spheres with tori filled with cylinders. Might have to replace the cone with cylinders and a cube. I dread the nightmare of having to make this with Boolean operations, but, if I must ...

Heart.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 39K
    edited May 2015

Best wishes to your dad. Here's a couple of heart models you're welcome to use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e58ethnbr5z0pvl/heart.zip?dl=0 Made them quickly in wings.

hearts.jpg
    650 x 650 - 155K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited December 1969

Glad your dad is taking such a positive approach. I made this in Bryce using a heart and bandage I created in Shape Magic. I trimmed the edges of the bandage with booleaned cubes. If interested, I can post the models or .obp files to my site for you to download and play around with.

Rich

heart_bandage.jpg
    1000 x 598 - 21K
    edited December 1969

That's awesome, Rich!

• Lobo3433Lobo3433 Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Something I made using an object modeled in Blender following and excellent tutorial by LuxXeon that he posted youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQ3oCliF68 and then took the finished model into Bryce 7.0 and using a previously made Bryce render and added a reflective material to the floral star ball and scaling the size to create the effect you see now. Again like to thank LuxXeon for his tutorial

Floral_Starball_kaleidoscope.jpg
    1440 x 960 - 279K
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all your comments everyone, i havent been post or doing much since my old dinosaur p4 took 3 consecutive lightning strikes 2 yrs ago. Amazingly the 3 external drives survived while the two internal drives say "foriegn" when i try to boot them.
    The loaner pc i use now has half the cpu of my old one, my droid is faster than both of them.
    @Fencepost awesome bryce work.
    @Hansmar the background is a composite in gimp primarily using a tutorial by Clay Hagebush i found in "my documents" folder while searching for hdri on nearly a terabyte of my storage drives.
    Alas the talent i see in the sci fi contest thread looks very intimidating and neither b7pro or hex are very stable on my current machine.
    Also interestingly the version of carrara i purchased runs quite well on this pc and i spend most of my time trying new stuff with c7 standard.

edited December 1969

@fencepost52 - My goodness. You sure were quick! I got the zip, and will play with it. Looks lots better than my first attempts, and much easier than continuing to try Bryce primitives for this.

@RG - It's amazing how close you came to what my Dad had in mind. As we were talking about it, I did an Internet search for "heart bandage", and he picked out this image as what he wanted;
    http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Heart-with-Bandaid-psd56651.png
    but the resolution is too low for the project, and that web site is shut down, (though the image is still there and accessible as I type, and re-posted below), so I can't inquire about a higher res image.

Using Bryce, I was intending on making the crack by using two hearts and Boolean them both mirrored more or less, and put the two "halves" together. For the bandage I was intending to do something like what RG did as a separate object, then use Paint Shop Pro to make an image based material and mask from that to apply to another slightly larger heart in the same space as the two halves. I'm pretty sure I can do all of that using one of the hearts Fencepost52 provided.

I can not do that with what I came up with in the second image below, because it uses metaballs. Boolean doesn't work with those, but I was only playing around, and was surprised at what three metaballs can do when placed right. It's not right at all ... not the true valentine shape of a heart I want, but I'm only posting it because of how surprised I was that it came out anything like a heart shape. Shifting or stretching any of the three metaballs just a bit ruins the fluid, one shape effect that I just happened to get first try.

THANK YOU BOTH!

Heart.jpg
    922 x 922 - 299K
    Heart-with-Bandaid-psd56651.png
    400 x 356 - 105K
    edited December 1969

@Fencepost52 - Thanks again! I did this using one of your hearts.

Before I got to trying the method I described above for making two heart halves and putting them together, I figured out it would be much easier to just create a jagged negative symmetrical lattice for the crack in the heart. The result is that there is actually a piece missing. (I should try that on something to represent my head.)

I had the bandage big ... more like RG's version, but my Dad said it would better reflect how he feels if the bandage was small. The bandage is made up of a slightly bigger heart without the crack, and a transparent material I made as described above in my last post, with the bandage itself built in Bryce ... pretty much the way RG said he built his, but the only negative Booleans were the cylinders used for the perforations, and the "pad" is two Boolean pyramids, (for slanted edges). It lost its original color in the process, and looked more gray, but I restored the color using the Ambient, Specular, and Specular Halo channels.

Later I'll post the final version that goes on the T-shirt with the wording my Dad dictated in my post up above. I could do that all in Bryce, but I may just use Paint Shop Pro to finish it.

MendedHeart1_Cropped.jpg
    987 x 987 - 58K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments on my render using Art’s model.

All the renders are so inspiring Art’s jungle or is it a swamp, beautiful abstracts, and great heart model, Hansmar’s and Sandy’s clouds, Dave with another set of awesome car renders, Vivien’s lovely scene, RG’s cool caves, something I tried and tried and did not succeed. Slepalex’s beautiful scenes and a beautiful abstract by 3dnewbie

CTippetts said:

@Mermaid - You had a nice heart shaped gemstone, um, here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/782209/
    How was that made? Or, was it an imported object?

Good work with the heart. The heart I used was a freebie from either Archive 3D or Share CG. If you still need the heart, I can email it to you if you pm me your email addy. I don’t think it will be a problem to email it to you, as it is a freebie.
    edited December 1969

@C Tippetts - that was a good idea to use a lattice for the crack. And your bandage is spot on. I like what you and your dad came up with. Best wishes for his real heart.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I've tried to make hearts in Bryce too... I'll see if I can find some of them.

Meanwhile... Dandelion season is upon us.

DandelionsDoF.jpg
    1666 x 832 - 673K
This discussion has been closed.