UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

"Here Comes Trouble" This started off as a test of the new Rustic Wagon for Daz Horse 3. 

Trouble indeed. Very nice!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    edited March 2023

Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree

4 UltraScenery ecologies: 2 x Tango Apple Orchard and 2 x Grassland. I used Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume One and Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II to make some changes.

We need general ecologies, e.g. gardens, farm fields, etc.

Tie A Yellow.jpg
    1822 x 887 - 2M
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,059

WOW Doctor... Lots going on in that scene... I love it... Could be a thousand word story for sure ;)  Thanks for sharing.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,822

Looks great, @DoctorJellybean

Thanks for sharing.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149

DoctorJellybean said:

Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree

4 UltraScenery ecologies: 2 x Tango Apple Orchard and 2 x Grassland. I used Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume One and Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II to make some changes.

We need general ecologies, e.g. gardens, farm fields, etc.

Wow Wow Wow! I can't believe how much is in one scene. As a former Iowa girl, I can say that it is a great farm scene. It must have taken you days to create all that.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited March 2023

I made an HDR using Britain then rendered it with a fox.

2023-03-23 18:29:25.474 Total Rendering Time: 18.20 seconds

Click on image for full size.

britain-environment-fox-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Fishtales said:

I made an HDR using Britain then rendered it with a fox.

2023-03-23 18:29:25.474 Total Rendering Time: 18.20 seconds

interesting... hum... :)

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited March 2023

Because there's less opportunity to hide the terrain textures under vegetation in the desert I've been reworking the shaders to use 4K image maps (as well as the work to improve bumps and tiling).

Desert road.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited March 2023

Cool. The path looks too smooth and perfect to me. Is there going to be bump relief, cracks or erosion in the final version to break up the perfection? I do like the bank wall, though.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,436

are the paths in USC actual objects or how do they work. For instance, I loaded Dirt 6 as the feature selection. When you look in the scene list, there is nothing that stated path, dirt path, road, etc.

daveso said:

are the paths in USC actual objects or how do they work. For instance, I loaded Dirt 6 as the feature selection. When you look in the scene list, there is nothing that stated path, dirt path, road, etc.

They are part of the UltraScene Terrain surface. You can select the terrain in the Scene pane and look at its settings in the Surfaces pane.

barbult said:

daveso said:

They are part of the UltraScene Terrain surface. You can select the terrain in the Scene pane and look at its settings in the Surfaces pane.

so  is there a way with ultrascatter to place items on that surface? 

daveso said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

Look at the UltraScene Terrain in the Surfaces pane and see what the file name is for the road base or road surface mask.Scatter on the UltraScene Terrain surface. Use that raod mask file as a distribution mask in UltraScatter.

edited March 2023

barbult said:

daveso said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

Look at the UltraScene Terrain in the Surfaces pane and see what the file name is for the road base or road surface mask.Scatter on the UltraScene Terrain surface. Use that raod mask file as a distribution mask in UltraScatter.

thank you very much. I think I have it. Wow..I would have never gotten that for sure. You're a treasureheart 

cube scatter on path first try.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by daveso on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

You did great Daveso. I'll try that when I get the chance.

@ barbult ... or anyone. Not sure where to post this as it utilizes USC, but alos Ultrascatterpro. I think this question is more of an ultrascatter problem though ... why are the colors gone from the orcs? The same with the cubes in my post above The cubes were red in DS. I will say this is the stuff I've been wanting to do with USC for awhile and finally getting the chance to use some of the item I've purchased. I especially like the new dirt roads. 

orc march exp1.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 2M

I've never seen a loss of color like that. In both images, the sky looks strange, too. What are you using for scene lighting?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,743

Which version of DS are you using also?

I had problems with the Betas and almost all of Flip Mode's products and have a report into Daz that is being worked on. They are fine in the 4.21.1.05 (?).

I came here to find out if anyone has notice a lengthy delay in US building a scene with water after they updated the Beta to 4.21.1.45? I have a character in the scene but it has been stuck for about 20 minutes on the last tiny bit of the bar. Win. 10 and everything is up to date and loaded only by DIM. 

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,546

The orc clothes are just the default clay with no texture applied, it appears.

GhostofMacbeth said:

The orc clothes are just the default clay with no texture applied, it appears.

strange that part, yes, thhat is the problem .. checking on that now.

barbult said:

I've never seen a loss of color like that. In both images, the sky looks strange, too. What are you using for scene lighting?

the sky is Pro HDR for Terradome 3. I use them all the time

have to retexture everything. For some reason the ultrascatter removed the textures? going to add one orc and see what happens. I started texturing but its time consuming. 

edited March 2023

Something is wrong. I've never seen UltraScatter remove textures. Try a simple example of scattering an object on a primitive plane. What happens?

Why is the sky black in that one image? Maybe you rendered with Draw Dome Off?

Post edited by barbult on

memcneil70 said:

Which version of DS are you using also?

I had problems with the Betas and almost all of Flip Mode's products and have a report into Daz that is being worked on. They are fine in the 4.21.1.05 (?).

I came here to find out if anyone has notice a lengthy delay in US building a scene with water after they updated the Beta to 4.21.1.45? I have a character in the scene but it has been stuck for about 20 minutes on the last tiny bit of the bar. Win. 10 and everything is up to date and loaded only by DIM.

I have Beta 4.21.1.45 and I don't have a problem with running UltraScenery with water features. I don't have a character in the scene, but I selected Country Ford 1 and Grassland 3 and default water. It completed building the scene in less than 16 seconds. It rendered fine. I am using Nvidia driver version 531.41.

I'm runnin 4.21.0.5    there was no sky applied in the image with the cubes. Not sure if i had dome off or not. Its usually on and I didn;t touch it. I'll try a few things tomorrow. 

• The Animal Tracks and Footprint Decals for Daz Studio Bundle ive been working on is in the store today. There is a little bit of an offer in the orange banner today if you own the tracks and footprints bundle, Hope these are going to be of some use, there are canine, feline, deer and horse ( shod and unshod) single tracks and sets of prints. All go on decals. Parent them to the Ultrascenery Terrain. ;-)

Martinjfrost said:

The Animal Tracks and Footprint Decals for Daz Studio Bundle ive been working on is in the store today. There is a little bit of an offer in the orange banner today if you own the tracks and footprints bundle, Hope these are going to be of some use, there are canine, feline, deer and horse ( shod and unshod) single tracks and sets of prints. All go on decals. Parent them to the Ultrascenery Terrain. ;-)

WONDERFUL ... Thank you Martin... Cheerzzzzzzz to big success....and more footprints in the future :)  (I think tire tracks are next.. pleeeeeease :)

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited April 2023

Llola Lane said:

WONDERFUL ... Thank you Martin... Cheerzzzzzzz to big success....and more footprints in the future :)  (I think tire tracks are next.. pleeeeeease :)

Tire tracks will be in to QA by mid week just doing the promos now. 

Post edited by Martinjfrost on

Martinjfrost said:

Llola Lane said:

Tire tracks will be in to QA by mid week just doing the promos now.

YAY.... That looks wonderful... Hope there is a set of bicycle tires?  and motorcycle???  Thanks oodlezzzzzzzzzzzzz

• There will be single tire tracks that can easily be scaled for bikes of all sizes, just a case of scaling the decal on the correct axis. Obviously there are a million different types of tyres so ive tried to get a couple of generic ones in various compositions rather than all i could find, plus wet and dry ruts with no tyres for carts and harde wheels and just to add a bit of life to a bland path. 

This discussion has been closed.