UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,073

DoctorJellybean said:

Just an educated guess, but I would imagine that the JSON file would need to be edited. More info on that here (there are 9 pages).

That's just not happening. I'll edit anything that can be edited in Photoshop. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872

I am also hesitated to edit these JSON files, so I experiment with what I got and custom heightmaps.

My further experiments, I post in my thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/612576/artini-s-experiments#latest

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,453

So the new UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 4 is basically all the same path other than the materials change? They all seem to curve going up a slight grade. Can they made to go in different routes, straight, around trees, whatever? Yes, different ecologies can be applied but the road path remains the same. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited February 2023

Bullwarg makes good his escape.

Bullwarg Lion_002 PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on

daveso said:

So the new UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 4 is basically all the same path other than the materials change? They all seem to curve going up a slight grade. Can they made to go in different routes, straight, around trees, whatever? Yes, different ecologies can be applied but the road path remains the same. 

Would be nice to have a real Road Designer in which you could design your own path,

possibly with splines and apply different materials and features.

There are some road designers available for Unity,

but I have no idea, how to insert such roads into UltraScenery, yet.

Nice scene, @barbult

• Artini said:

daveso said:

Would be nice to have a real Road Designer in which you could design your own path,

possibly with splines and apply different materials and features.

There are some road designers available for Unity,

but I have no idea, how to insert such roads into UltraScenery, yet.

Sounds like an idea for @totte

One more vote for a variety of roads. :)

• I had a bit of time to tinker, and shop in march madness and managed to get my hands on this train which ive been wanting to try out with ultrascenery and my desert plants, ( still in the works)

This is the result, I ended up kit bashing some pilings to rase the track above the ground from the end of the tracks set ( with some fairly heavy geometry editing and then instancing) I actually think it gives the imave a bit more oomph than it would have had were the tracks flush with the ground. Also had a play with volumetrics too. Bit of post work to add some texture to the steam on the ground and some dust and mist.

Just thought id share.

Very nice!

Martinjfrost said:

I had a bit of time to tinker, and shop in march madness and managed to get my hands on this train which ive been wanting to try out with ultrascenery and my desert plants, ( still in the works)

This is the result, I ended up kit bashing some pilings to rase the track above the ground from the end of the tracks set ( with some fairly heavy geometry editing and then instancing) I actually think it gives the imave a bit more oomph than it would have had were the tracks flush with the ground. Also had a play with volumetrics too. Bit of post work to add some texture to the steam on the ground and some dust and mist.

Just thought id share.

that is really great. I have a lot of work to do :) 

I'm looking forward to your desert ecologies. They offer something we don't have yet.

Another UltraScenery creation with a custom heightmap.

• Martinjfrost said:

I had a bit of time to tinker, and shop in march madness and managed to get my hands on this train which ive been wanting to try out with ultrascenery and my desert plants, ( still in the works)

Just thought id share.

Truly beautiful. Can't wait to play with it. 

edited March 2023

Don't you hate it when your horse throws you in the dirt, jumps the fence and runs off?

USC Horse 3 with Western Saddle Tail StickyChains Jumping_004_Camera (2).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

Artini said:

Another UltraScenery creation with a custom heightmap.

I'm really liking your images Artini. It seems like you've risen to a whole new level in skill and complexity. Good stuff!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Not sure why... but I've not been getting posting notices... WOW... I have missed a LOT... Thank you all for your inspirations.  :)  Stay well... hugzzzzzzzz

edited March 2023

Something bad happened here. This road is SERIOUSLY CLOSED!
    I bought those road barriers recently so I had to try them out.

USC Road Closed SOx2_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

Thanks a lot, @barbult

I enjoy watching your images very much.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I did autumnal woodland, hid leaves, and put a snow geoshell on the land with a modified road mask (basically blurred it and brought it in a bit). Mountainscape backdrop.

Mostly raw render, then FotoSketcher version.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

WONDERFUL Oso3D... I love the snow ;)  Not gotten the roads... yet!

Oso3D said:

I did autumnal woodland, hid leaves, and put a snow geoshell on the land with a modified road mask (basically blurred it and brought it in a bit). Mountainscape backdrop.

Mostly raw render, then FotoSketcher version.

wow. is it possible to do hoof prints with a mask or something? you're techniques/experise way beyond mine, that's for sure.

Another experiment with custom heightmap in UltraScenery.

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94
    edited March 2023

britain-botanica--bundle + landscape-features-volume-4

003900.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 7M
    003899.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 7M
    Post edited by Norman_R on
    edited March 2023

Post edited by Norman_R on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Norman_R said:

Great sense of depth created in these, @Norman_R

- Greg

algovincian said:

Norman_R said:

Great sense of depth created in these, @Norman_R

- Greg

Thanks smiley 

• Norman_R said:

[...]

Well done! Great lighting and a the fog really works here!

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 526
    edited March 2023

Just playing around with the latest UltraScenery assets:

UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 4, Pacific Northwest Botanica - Bundle

Background is Iron Ridge Horse Pasture

Lighting from Poly Haven Sunflowers

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • markusmatern said:

Just playing around with the latest UltraScenery assets:

UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 4, Pacific Northwest Botanica - Bundle

Background is Iron Ridge Horse Pasture

Lighting from Poly Haven Sunflowers

Well done!

This discussion has been closed.