UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,798

I love the floating foliage everyone! Imagine what you could do with alien plants? Or a loss of gravity adhesion render?

Scanning through all the initial renders by everyone is really impressive.

I have been working on one on my MacBookPro M1, so it will take time. But it also was fiddlly to get the characters into place. And then an emergency update for the Mac OS popped up. I should have opend up the Win 10 desktop with a 1080Ti and 64Gb RAM. 

Howie, love the ease of this new addition. Thank you.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,499

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

now this isn't right but its somewhat cool, flying trees and shrubs. For some reason, and maybe its like this with all landscape features, if you try to rebuild the scene, the trees end up in the air. I've rebuilt other scenes but always kept same landscape features..with this I went from dirt to paved. 

I think this happens when you move the terrain away from the original position of (0x, 0y, 0z) and then try to rebuild it.

thanks. Yes, I believe I did move the terran a bit. Great thing to know. Don't move it and rebuild. :) 

edited February 2023

Old VW van in the mountains. I love the new landscape pack a lot.

vintage van in the mountains1.jpg
    1240 x 992 - 1M
    Post edited by daveso on
  • daveso said:

Old VW van in the mountains. I love the new landscape pack a lot.

Interesting treatment! 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,333

I've just added the seven new features to my tame Excel spreadsheet.  There are now 72,921 possible combinations of landscape feature, ecology and water texture.

As always, the figures below are "out of the box".  If you tinker with the settings, the two toolboxes or go full @Barbult and start hacking the Json files, the number of options goes up!

Cheers,

Alex.

Ecologies    109
    Water Textures    15

Water Features   43
    Land Only Features   24
    Total Features   67

Water Combinations   70305
    Land Only Combinations    2616
    Total Combinations    72921
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,970

For anyone not seeing new features in UltraScenery (on Windows), they need to be on disk C:

in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features

After reinstallation I have my default location of the library on the other disk and UltraScenery cannot see it there.

• Artini said:

For anyone not seeing new features in UltraScenery (on Windows), they need to be on disk C:

in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features

After reinstallation I have my default location of the library on the other disk and UltraScenery cannot see it there.

Mine is in E:\DS\Library\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features, works perfectly.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,075

Artini said:

Mine is working just fine on my D: drive.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,278

DoctorJellybean said:

Artini said:

Mine is in E:\DS\Library\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features, works perfectly.

Mine is in N:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DIM Library\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features.  It works perfectly in Windows 10. There is no requirement for UltraScenery products to be on the C drive in Windows. However, you cannot arbitrarily move UltraScenery subfolders around outside of the Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\ parent folder. And you CANNOT install it with Daz Connect (inside Daz Studio). Even if you also install it with DIM, any installation of UltraScenery products with Daz Connect will make it NOT work. If you have accidently (or intentionally) installed an UltraScenery product with Daz Connect, uninstall it with Daz Connect. You may the need to reinstall it with DIM.

edited February 2023

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?
    And what is a chicken doing in this dense forest anyway?

USC Road Rustic Fence Mixed Ecology Chicken.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,131
    edited February 2023

Another one, with the striped two-lane road feature.

TheLongWalk.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 930K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
    edited February 2023

barbult said:

there's a farm on the left side. Its headed home.

Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

barbult said:

there's a farm on the left side. Its headed home.

At last, the age old mystery is solved!

• barbult said:

The grass is greener on the other side?

Sometimes less is more, well done.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,434

Does someone know which road design belongs to which country? I think I recognize the US variant, but I'm pretty hazy even there, and I don't have a clue concerning the one where all stripes are white. Or is it all US, just different states or something? Thanks for helping!

paulawp (marahzen) said:

It looks like he has a long walk ahead of him, or a long wait for a ride. This is a nice scene.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,131
    edited February 2023

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

It looks like he has a long walk ahead of him, or a long wait for a ride. This is a nice scene.

Thanks! I'm calling this one "Miles to Go". 

I interpret yours as that moment when goodness chooses to cross over to the dark side. smiley Clean and simple with nice treatment.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Forest Fyahh!!

FYAHH.png
    2200 x 1000 - 3M
  • AnEye4Art said:

Forest Fyahh!!

Very well done!

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Artini said:

Mine is in N:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DIM Library\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features.  It works perfectly in Windows 10. There is no requirement for UltraScenery products to be on the C drive in Windows. However, you cannot arbitrarily move UltraScenery subfolders around outside of the Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\ parent folder. And you CANNOT install it with Daz Connect (inside Daz Studio). Even if you also install it with DIM, any installation of UltraScenery products with Daz Connect will make it NOT work. If you have accidently (or intentionally) installed an UltraScenery product with Daz Connect, uninstall it with Daz Connect. You may the need to reinstall it with DIM.

Ok, thanks for the tips. Probably I have done something wrong after reinstallation of Daz Studio

due to Windows crash. I am only using DIM.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

barbult said:

With the current price of eggs, it was able to buy this stretch of property, including the roadway. 

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited February 2023

Just got my hands on Howies new road features and thought id play with my road marking decals, I found that due to the nature of the new features ( which also use decals) a slight adjustment to my decals is needed for them to show up. 

Load as usual and parent to the ultrascenery terrain, then go in to the paramaters tab and under the Decal section select the priority value and set it to 1  and that should be all you need to do. 

I will be issuing an update to the product in due course which caused them to load with this value as standard, but till then here is the fix if you wish ot add them to a scene.

info.jpg
    387 x 885 - 194K
    Post edited by Martinjfrost on
  • Here is a pic i did with the new road features, my road markings and potholes  the Britanica set and a random bloke.  Previous post has a fix to make decals show up on the new road features, I will be issuing a product

update soon to reflect this, but wanted to make sure the work around was on record here in the mean time.

info.jpg
    387 x 885 - 194K
    edited February 2023

another shot on the new road features. Road Block

road block3 bw2.jpg
    1240 x 992 - 957K
    Post edited by daveso on

Below is my trial with roads features.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,903

Bit of an experiment.

UltraScenery - Tropics 1, but trees and palms swapped out for Esha's bamboo.

Also various other content.

Oso3D said:

Bit of an experiment.

that's a really nice render for sure.  

Oso3D said:

Bit of an experiment.

Oh, that bamboo looks really nice. You made a great scene.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,798

I need a 'heart' to agree with so many above.

Refreshed and saw so many new great renders and update coming from MartinJFrost!

I have my first render cooking for 3rd time fixing things. Sigh.

edited February 2023

On the Fence

On the Fence.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
This discussion has been closed.