Laticis Imagery Freebies

123457»

Comments

• Faeryl Womyn said:

Looks great, thank you.

Very welcome :) 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,336

Thank you, I thought I already had this from when you first released it, but turns out I didn't.

• Faeryl Womyn said:

Thank you, I thought I already had this from when you first released it, but turns out I didn't.

You're very welcome :)

It's hard releasing the old stuff LOL  

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445

My personal old favorites of yours were the Scifi Wall, and I think the other was a blood splattered wall...? They were really useful.

I lost them (among lots of other pieces of content - especially my own) when my local PC repair store deleted everything from my D drive on my rendering PC. 

• N-RArts said:

My personal old favorites of yours were the Scifi Wall, and I think the other was a blood splattered wall...? They were really useful.

I lost them (among lots of other pieces of content - especially my own) when my local PC repair store deleted everything from my D drive on my rendering PC. 

The pain is real when it comes to loosing content, runtimes, preferences.
    It's never just as easy for us when it comes to new systems either.

Worst of all, especially...when it was someone else's mistake.

I'll go looking for them and repost at RenderHub

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,584
    edited March 8

While I already have it, I hope you will re-release your "Gorn Rock" for others to enjoy.

When your page at DA vanished and fans wanted that iconic rock formation, I would point them to a photogrammetry scan of the real life geographical location, the Vasquez Rocks, hosted at SketchFab.  It was free at first, but eventually the uploader slapped a price upon it.

If you lost your original data, I still have the zip file as it was losted when I got it from Deviant Art.

Post edited by Redfern on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,336

Sounds interesting Redfern, I use to have a lot of Laticis stuff, but over the years with degrading disks and changing to numerous computers, I've lost most of it.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Sounds interesting Redfern, I use to have a lot of Laticis stuff, but over the years with degrading disks and changing to numerous computers, I've lost most of it.

Here's how I once used the prop, in a character swap version of "Arena", the 1967 episode that introduced the Gorn.  The Vasquez Rock formation featured prominently in the episode.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,097

My how the Gorn have changed...

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,998

3WC said:

My how the Gorn have changed...

yes ,  they have +  The orginal was  Bettr   Thanx  + 

• @N-RArts - I found the Sci-Fi wall, but its going to need a little work before uploading. ( My UV Mapping on it is atrocious ) 

@Redfern - ha, the good old Gorn Rock.......I'll upload it today.

• Hi :)

The updated Sci-Fi Wall Tiles Freebie

https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-sci-fi-wall-tiles

Laticis Imagery said:

and an update Gorn Like Rock https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-gorn-like-rock

When I read the description you had updated the prop, I decided to download it again.  I was VERY pleasantly surprised you "zipped" both the new AND the original!

Tank you very much!

• Redfern said:

Laticis Imagery said:

and an update Gorn Like Rock https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-gorn-like-rock

When I read the description you had updated the prop, I decided to download it again.  I was VERY pleasantly surprised you "zipped" both the new AND the original!

Tank you very much!

You are very welcome :)  

• So happy to see the gorn-like rock returned. Used the original and another of your rock formations in a render years ago, but lost all those files while cleaning out my external HD. Thank you for the reupload.

• cathan01_wwg1wga said:

So happy to see the gorn-like rock returned. Used the original and another of your rock formations in a render years ago, but lost all those files while cleaning out my external HD. Thank you for the reupload.

External hard drives....lost a couple of those...it's never a pretty thing. ( I even had to pay for recovery of files )

I'm gradually be putting some of those older freebies back out..the ones that aren't too terrible made ;)