Laticis Imagery Freebies

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,336

Thank you, have always really liked your stuff.

• Faeryl Womyn said:

Thank you, have always really liked your stuff.

Thank you very much :)

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

Laticis Imagery said:

Hi :)

Just wanted to let know.
    Another old freebie now available.
    https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-golden-chain-for-genesis-8-males

Thank you, Look amazing.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 766

Laticis Imagery said:

Well, I have found a new home for my freebies......

And here is updated one from the past....now with UV Maps and textures.

https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-hover-platform

Cool. I always liked that one. I was happy to stumble across it again on RenderHub.

• lukon100 said:

Laticis Imagery said:

Cool. I always liked that one. I was happy to stumble across it again on RenderHub.

Thank you :)

I've looked at a few of my old freebies and most arent worth sharing again LOL  

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,998

Laticis Imagery said:

lukon100 said:

Laticis Imagery said:

Thank you :)

I've looked at a few of my old freebies and most arent worth sharing again LOL  

saw them on DeviantArts  +  and  liked most of them ( or all )   +  Thanx 

• Hi :)

Old freebie now available again.
    https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-bird-cage

Happy rendering.

Bird_Cage_Promo.jpg
    5000 x 3600 - 3M
  • Laticis Imagery

Went to the DA link it says account Deactivated.

Went to RH, I found a few frebies there, wish you could share some more G8 and G9 freebies, one G3 found.

G8 at least is being still in demand, G9 is newer format, it seems some folks do not want to transition into that and prefer to stay in the previous Generation.

I do not see anything wrong with G9.

Cheers!

• Halcon Bluesky

Yeah, I deactivated my DA account quite some time ago...the site was driving me nuts.

I did put a couple of things on GumRoad but that site wasnt doing it for me either. 

But then I found RenderHub and that's going to be my new home for freebies and some content. Gradually, I be adding some more of the older freebies..there are some I wont bother with those as they are crap in my eyes.
    But I'll create a DropBox link for those and share them here.

Yes, I recently got some feedback there are still many preferring to use Genesis 8.

• Laticis Imagery

DA driving you nuts?! laugh

Some content creators go to the latest place you are.

Many folks think they are very happy with G8, I suspect the reason behind it is performance, most computers probably use 16 GB of memory, a few may use 32 if they are lucky.

My system is not the latest and greatest, with 64 GB of memory, an SSD Nvme and a mechanical drive, I can see the difference.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,129
    edited November 2023

Hmm. Looking at some other sites, G9 does not appear wildly popular with vendors. I looked at one site that shall not be named where there were no G9 on their 'New products' front page.

Just surveyed the 'New DAZ Studio' stuff at Rendo. From the 'new items' front page (no attempt to be representative, just a snapshot of 'now') and the clothing items on the first page were broken down as below:

• 34 G8F/M only,
    • 7 G9 only,
    • 9 both G8F/M and G9.

So, 42 products aimed at G8, 16 products aimed at G9. That's fairly surprising, a year into G9. Subjectively the ratio seemed different a year into the changeover G3->G8, but I may be wrong. It's possible most PA's working in G9 have moved to DAZ in order to take advantage of the HD capability.

In terms of freebies, Rendo currently has more LF2 stuff than for any other character. In the newest 4 pages of Rendo freebies the breakdown of DAZ characters was as below:

• 2 Legacy Parametric characters
    • 1 G2
    • 2 G2F, G3F and G8F
    • 3 G8F/M only 
    • 0 G9 only
    • 4 both G8F/M and G9

Interesting.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Halcon Bluesky

Yeah, a little nuts...enough for me to go enoughs enough ;)

Very true.

Oh that's interesting....I didn't realise there was performance issues between the two figures. My systems quite old, a 2019 build with 64GB Ram but I cant say I have felt a difference though thew work I do with the figures is limited.

richardandtracy

That's quite surprising too, interesting statics. 

I received a message from someone that was a little dissaponited I had skipped a whole generation, Gensis 8 figure, when I started to create pubic hair again.....I just naturally presumed that most had moved on.

Personally, I am fan on Genesis 9 but juts like with everything, there are pros and cons.

• Laticis Imagery

Well Patreon has some G9 stuff, one of the creators says that is the way for the better, but some visitors aren't happy.

As I said before, I do not have a problem with that.

My only issue is that I can't buy anything I find nice and useful. Exchange rates are an overkill and it does not reflect a good saving, therefore I hunt down for some usable but good free stuff, enough to keep practising more and have a better grip when using Daz Studio.

It would be a big satisfaction to get what I need, without spending a fortune, just spend what is good and reasonable priced and value for money, if my possibilities permit to do so.

• Halcon Bluesky

I can understand that.

I've often had a thought, what could a DAZ artist create if they were only limited to 10 items for the rest of their life.
    Or what if your favourite software stopped being developed?

On that note, your philosophy to sink your teeth into DAZ Studio, as you say " have a better grip " is a smart one.

But I would add one more addition to that and that would be by adding Blender or Hexagon into that equation.

• Laticis Imagery

Uh oh! Blender and Hexagon, both programs can create so many things, the learning curve is so high, if someone is not able to do anything, then patience run out and is time to smash the computer in frustration, because is not the average software to do some marvelous things in small time, go and figure it!

Barely I have used both of them.

Many 3D artists prefer Blender. Wish I could dive into that territory, I do not have the learning resources handy to try on that. :(

• Halcon Bluesky

Hahaha, yep, there is certainly a learning curve and the frustration that comes with that.

I started with modelling with Hexagon.
    Blender has come a long way in recent years....I'm trying my best to get a feel for it modelling wise, watchinng a ton of tutorials on YouTube but I keep getting frustrasted with it becuase there are just some things Hexagon does for modelling basic objects really well.

If you do get a chance in the future, start with Blender.

• I have tried Blender, but learn virtually nothing from video tutorials, which I find inefficient, slow, wrong resolution, impossible to understand the voiceover or skim over the bit I'm having trouble with. I can understand writing, but can't find any for Blender. Makes it a closed book to me. Very frustrating. Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy

Ha, I have troubles with the opposite, absorption from reading. Yeah, trying to find anything good in the written word with diagrams and good instructions would certainly be difficult.

There's so many aspects to Blender and so many Keyboard shortcuts, it's hard to even stumble through. 

I'm going to keep chipping away.

edited November 2023

Blender is not that hard, but is always good to start with the donut tutorials since teach the basics of blender. Ryan king art, Yt channel have good tutorials, easy to fallow and well explayned.

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • I am not a fan of video tutorials, I prefer old school type of either written and interactive tutorials.

If is hard to digest the written tutorials, then get the video tutorials, my issue with it is the so called head honchos, tend to not do a close up of the very important aspects. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,129
    edited November 2023
    Blender is probably not too hard. I am used to SolidWorks, having used it since 2006, had a stint with AutoCAD 2d&3d, and 3d finite element stress analysis software since 1988. I have written my own finite element modeller from scratch in C++ to replace the one that came with the NISA finite element modeller and improve modelling speed and have since extended it to do texture mapping and obj export for DS compatibility. I am not a 3d modelling novice, having earned a fair part of my living with 3d modelling on the engineering side for 35 years. With that experience behind me you'd expect Blender to be relatively simple. However its interface is irrational, commands entirely random compared to engineering software precedent, (or possibly chosen deliberately to minimise crossover knowledge), menu options seem incomplete relative to possible commands relying on inadequately documented keyboard shortcuts instead of menu commands (and many menu commands that do exist are duplicated) and only having video tutorials which I cannot learn from.. Need I go on? Compared to well though out and adequately documented software, it is extremely user unfriendly and hard to start with. I do see that it's powerful. But the interface is awful, the documentation is virtually absent and video tutorials.. Just no. I simply can't learn that way, maybe 'arty' people can, but the technical side is where I come from, and the written word is fast, efficient and explicit in what it covers when teaching/learning. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy said:

Blender is probably not too hard. I am used to SolidWorks, having used it since 2006, had a stint with AutoCAD 2d&3d, and 3d finite element stress analysis software since 1988. I have written my own finite element modeller from scratch in C++ to replace the one that came with the NISA finite element modeller and improve modelling speed and have since extended it to do texture mapping and obj export for DS compatibility. I am not a 3d modelling novice, having earned a fair part of my living with 3d modelling on the engineering side for 35 years. With that experience behind me you'd expect Blender to be relatively simple. However its interface is irrational, commands entirely random compared to engineering software precedent, (or possibly chosen deliberately to minimise crossover knowledge), menu options seem incomplete relative to possible commands relying on inadequately documented keyboard shortcuts instead of menu commands (and many menu commands that do exist are duplicated) and only having video tutorials which I cannot learn from.. Need I go on? Compared to well though out and adequately documented software, it is extremely user unfriendly and hard to start with. I do see that it's powerful. But the interface is awful, the documentation is virtually absent and video tutorials.. Just no. I simply can't learn that way, maybe 'arty' people can, but the technical side is where I come from, and the written word is fast, efficient and explicit in what it covers when teaching/learning. Regards, Richard.

Same here Richard. My backgrond started with with Medusa 3D back in '84, and after a couple of years moved to Pro/Engineer for more than 24 years. Over various mergers we became part of a very large company which was very set in it's own way of doing things so we never moved on fro P/E Wildfire 4.0. to Creo  Those softwares were dead easy to learn. Blender is, I'm afraid, to far beyound my meager intellect. Tried it several times but no go, maybe I'm just to old now.

BronzeDragon

edited November 2023

I the last couple of years blender is being simplifying the UI and made thigs more user friendly.  Here is the Documentatio https://docs.blender.org/

I get what you say, first time I open blender was 2.4 I belive and was super confusing, not try blender again until version 2.76, and currently blender is on version 4.0 Is other new program that maybe be interesting call plasticity is Cad but with a artistic focus.

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • well I model mostly in Carrara with some Zbrush

each to their own

a few very good PAs use Hexagon

find a tool you are comfortable with yes

• Halcon Bluesky Funny, this popped up in my feed:

I didnt watch most of it but I did hear about this at the start:
    https://arijanb.gumroad.com/l/protips2

• richardandtracy said:

Hey Richard,

Firstly, that's some great experience mate, nice work.

I must admit, the UI for Blender has improved quite a bit compared to what it was a few years back. From my side of things I am more of an artsy person than technical and I still struggle. I personally, don't like using Keyboard Shortcuts and prefer visual tools.
    Thankfully, some Blender Addons have driven my interest and helped me want to learn Blender more.

All I want is some of the basic modelling methods Hexagon has and I'd be happy. ( Hex crashed on me four times yesterday )

"keyboard shortcuts instead of menu commands" - Yep, yep, yep

I about a two months ago, I purchased Blender Bro's - Hard Surface Accelerator. I am still working through it when I have time but I will give the course and its creators huge credit, is goes over everything that's important for Hard Surface and goes through the tools carefully.

My frustration stems from a workflow I develop within Hexagon that I feel is much faster and simpler for the basic blockout.

Cheers Ady 

• riuken1 - Blender has come a long way and has been earning a lot of respect and funding too. Plasicity is very cool. 

@WendyLuvsCatz - so true, its really is about finding your comfort zone. 

• Another freebie uploaded.....

https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-g8m-muzzle-01

DAZ Muzzle 01 Promo.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 2M
  • Looks great, thank you.

• Faeryl Womyn said:

Looks great, thank you.

Very welcome :)