UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581

Wouldn't even need the heightmap at that point as when I opened the scene file in a text editor, it looked like it contains the geo for the terrain. Guess what I was really asking about is using US as a merchant resource like that even though it does include the terrain geo? Like you said, it would still reference textures for the terrain, and other objects like trees, grass, etc.

- Greg

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,851
    edited December 2020

Good product, but It always absets me to no end, if there is no manual download.

Edit:
    First attempt: Freezing my interface at 60% progress.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,425

If you are having problems, there is a list of things to try in the first post of this thread. If those things don't resolve the problem, give more details so people can try to help. Did you install with DIM? What feature and what ecology are you using? What else is in your scene? Is it freezing while creating the scene or while rendering? Are you on PC or Mac? etc.

• kervalakervala Posts: 184

I just got an update, please what are the changes ? :)

• kervala said:

Just some bug fixes and typo corrections.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

So the updates were to the base USC system & not the accelerator add on itself?

• kervalakervala Posts: 184

HowieFarkes said:

kervala said:

Just some bug fixes and typo corrections.

Thanks a lot @HowieFarkes :D

I made a little scene using UltraScenery for 2021, happy new year everyone :D

2021_85 (resized signed).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Great one!

Happy New Year to all of you

• Had an issue today where UltraSceneCreator seemed to get stuck and closing its window resulted in a broken and semi-unresponsive Daz.

I was generating the "Tangy Apple Orchard 03" ecology, the log file had the following in it:

2021-01-04 13:59:06.560 Loaded file: TAO Beech Medium Iray.duf
    2021-01-04 13:59:06.615 WARNING: Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
    exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
    reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

2021-01-04 13:59:06.615 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1178): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2021-01-04 13:59:06.615 WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

I disabled the accelerator, restarted Daz, and then I was able to generate it successfully. I'm running Daz 4.14.0.10 and according to Daz Install Manager I'm running the latest version of UltraScenery and Accelerator.

Rincewind said:

Had an issue today where UltraSceneCreator seemed to get stuck and closing its window resulted in a broken and semi-unresponsive Daz.

I was generating the "Tangy Apple Orchard 03" ecology, the log file had the following in it:

2021-01-04 13:59:06.560 Loaded file: TAO Beech Medium Iray.duf
    2021-01-04 13:59:06.615 WARNING: Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
    exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
    reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

2021-01-04 13:59:06.615 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1178): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2021-01-04 13:59:06.615 WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

I disabled the accelerator, restarted Daz, and then I was able to generate it successfully. I'm running Daz 4.14.0.10 and according to Daz Install Manager I'm running the latest version of UltraScenery and Accelerator. 

I believe HowieFarkes is aware of the Beech Tree problem and has already submitted an Accelerator update to Daz to work around the problem. Next Daz has to test the update and make it available for download. You found a good workaround in the meantime.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm also submitting a TAO Ecology update for it.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,112
    edited January 2021

TangoAlpha said:

Does it means, that all your UltraScenery products will work with the accelerator after the update?

Post edited by Artini on
  • blosseblosse Posts: 46
    edited January 2021

Artini said:

TangoAlpha said:

Does it means, that all your UltraScenery products will work with the accelerator after the update?

Maybe?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited January 2021

I haven't posted images lately, but I still use UltraScenery about every day. Here is one I did today after buying Unicycle Bob Iray update.

USC Australian Bush6 Dirt Track 1 with Hedgerow Bob and Percy SOx2 (1).jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • blosseblosse Posts: 46

barbult said:

I haven't posted images lately, but I still use UltraScenery about every day. Here is one I did today after buying Unicycle Bob Iray update.

Your really good with UltraScenery barbult.

• Rev2019Rev2019 Posts: 167

Howie Farks

any plans of doing an winter scenery?

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 745
    edited January 2021

Rev2019 said:

Howie Farks

Good idea and with the planned release of the materia meshmaker plugin for daz, making winter scenes should be fun.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    edited January 2021

Anyone with an RTX3090 that can render these ultra scenes?

i cant

i could with the old RTX2080 but now it falls back to CPU rendering.

GPU ram could not be the problem so it must be an bug.

Post edited by Rev2019 on

blosse said:

barbult said:

Your really good with UltraScenery barbult.

So nice of you to say! I still think UltraScenery is one of the best Daz products ever! 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,344
    edited January 2021

Rev2019 said:

i cant

My RTX3090 renders UltraScenery like a champ, no issues and SUPER FAST. Do you have other objects in the scene that might be causing issues? Do you have Optimization set to Memory or Speed, or...? I hope you get it sorted out - US is a blast on a fast card!

My render rig: Alienware R10 Desktop, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 64GB RAM, Direct X 12, Nvidia Driver 456.38, 10496 CUDA Cores, 24 GB VRAM, PCI Express x8 Gen4 

Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

Rev2019 said:

i cant

Do you have other objects in the scene that might be causing issues? Do you have Optimization set to Memory or Speed, or...? 

i think you got the answers above if you check ;)

Memory speed auto doesnt matter it still uses the CPU or crashes Daz 3d.

one room is in the scene and one hdri map.

i know about the speed already its crazy 

just want to use it ;)

one question Gogger

do you use any other objects with the scenery?

i think it hits the limit on how many objects/instances there can be in one scene.

if so you are stucked to renderer ponds and trees all day with nothing more in the scene.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,344
    edited January 2021

Rev2019 said:

one question Gogger

i think it hits the limit on how many objects/instances there can be in one scene.

if so you are stucked to renderer ponds and trees all day with nothing more in the scene.

I've posted these here before, but I've been doing this kind of stuff with no issues, what-so-ever.

[Edit to add] I forgot to mention, I am using the lastest US with Accelerator. Heck, I even sometimes copy a generated scene and rotate it slightly for more density. Sometimes, I'll even generate a whole new scene with an existing one, using a different landscape and different trees etc. Haven't tried more than two though - YET.

_DS_Legenedary_Ape_Encounter_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 1000K
    _DS_Mistwood_Dwelling_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 1M
    DS_Flinks_Forest_USYS_Stream_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 1M
    ___DS_Autumn_Trail_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 956K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    edited January 2021

Rev2019 said:

Howie Farks

It would be great to have some winter, snowy ecologies, but you can make winter scenes with UltraScenery. Just generate your scene and then apply geometry shells and snow shaders. They don't look totally authentic, but good enough for me. I made this with River 5 and Oaks 4. I only have a GTX 980Ti (6GB), but it is totally possible to add extra things to an UltraScenery scene.

USC River 5 Oaks 4 Winter Snow Scene PS.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,112

Looks very nice, barbult.

edited January 2021

edited January 2021

Gogger said:

Rev2019 said:

one question Gogger

I've posted these here before, but I've been doing this kind of stuff with no issues, what-so-ever.

[Edit to add] I forgot to mention, I am using the lastest US with Accelerator. Heck, I even sometimes copy a generated scene and rotate it slightly for more density. Sometimes, I'll even generate a whole new scene with an existing one, using a different landscape and different trees etc. Haven't tried more than two though - YET.

nice but whats the secret to get this running?

i pay you if you tell me ;) 

edited January 2021

damn this program is dodgy

is it normal that it takes 2 hours (so far) to build the [blessed] water?

i also wonder what it uses to build the scenes?

air?

it doesnt take use of the i7 9700K at 4.7Ghz and it doesnt use the RTX3090

to speed things up isnt it better if an aplication uses the hardware?

creator: i have one tip for you

back to the drawing table.

i will contact daz 3d store right now to get my money back

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited January 2021

Rev2019 said:

damn this program is dodgy

is it normal that it takes 2 hours (so far) to build the [blessed] water?

i also wonder what it uses to build the scenes?

air?

it doesnt take use of the i7 9700K at 4.7Ghz and it doesnt use the RTX3090

to speed things up isnt it better if an aplication uses the hardware?

creator: i have one tip for you

back to the drawing table.

i will contact daz 3d store right now to get my money back

IDK.  A lot of people with much older, far less capable are having far fewer issues than you are.  You can do whatever you want, but it doesn't sound like getting rid of Ultrascenery will fix the reasons you're having issues running it.

edited January 2021

@Rev2019 No, of course it is not normal to take hours to build a scene. Something is wrong with your installation or your computer. My computer is far less capable than yours, but I built the attached scene with feature Bridge 1 and ecology Harpwood 4 with UltraScenery and the Accelerator in less than 1 minute. Without the Accelerator, it might have taken 5 minutes - NOT HOURS! It rendered in my GTX 980Ti using 2709 MB, according to GPU-Z.

It is possible that you have stumbled upon a bug related to the combination of settings you are using. The messages you have posted in this thread have no details about what feature you are using, what ecology you are using, whether you are using the partner Accelerator product, what versions of UltraScenery and Daz Studio you are using, what errors might appear in DS log file. How can anyone help you diagnose the problem without that kind of information?

Go ahead and return the product to Daz for a refund and relieve yourself of the stress! 

Screenshot 2021-01-10 14.22.30.png
    816 x 624 - 40K
    USC Bridge 1 Harpwood 4.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 4M
This discussion has been closed.