CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK V

Comments

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

"and the rear door fell off' smiley  Well, that never happened in my Lada Niva!..  One of the most compliant suspensions I can remember was in a Citroen 2CV (and then of course for smooth there was the hydro-pneumatic suspension in the DS-19 , mate of mine had one of those, amazing little car for its time!)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,316
    edited July 2021

Those Niva's and Riva's were as tough as old boots. I wasn't sure about reliability, but general toughness they were great.

I had a 2CV that was fantastic over speed bumps. Never had to slow down over them at all. My neighbour bought it off me and later got chased by a road rage Mini driver. He went over speed bumps at 30mph. The following Mini had an explosion of oil as the sump was taken out... As for the compliance, I took my driving test in my first 2CV (of 4 so far), when it came to the emergency stop, the nose went down 5" and the back came up 6". The examiner screamed in fright thinking we'd pitchpole.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,799

Lada Niva and even the saloon versions that were licenced copies of Fiat 124, were just about the best in the roads and conditions they were built for. The only "western saloon" that came even close was the Romanian made Renault 12, those were just about the only cars that were moving on the unpaved and soaked construction roads amongst the trucks in the russian spring, their tires having sunk deep and bellies resting on the muck, they somehow just kept moving forward - Don't ask about any brakes afterwards wink

2CVs were fun.. took me a while to figure out the gearshift, though :)  The Niva was tough, and mostly reliable once you figured out their quirks (like the mechanical voltage regulator) - regular oild changes were a must..  The Niva was a great winter car for rural Quebec, was even better that my 71 Wagoneer!.. on the Fiat conection.. Fiat parts usually fit and were better quality that their Rissian equivalent!..

hacsart said:

2CVs were fun.. took me a while to figure out the gearshift, though :)  The Niva was tough, and mostly reliable once you figured out their quirks (like the mechanical voltage regulator) - regular oild changes were a must..  The Niva was a great winter car for rural Quebec, was even better that my 71 Wagoneer!.. on the Fiat conection.. Fiat parts usually fit and were better quality that their Rissian equivalent!..

You only need a large hammer and a crowbar to fix a Lada because those were the only tools available wink

The quality of parts... I'm not that surpriced, even when it had been 4 years since the collapse of Soviet Union before I made my first trip over there, the reality that I saw was "somewhat different" than what had been painted by the supporters on our side of the border, but then again just three years later when I made the last trips, the situation had improved significantly, at least in the eyes of an outsider.

sounds a lot like my old 1930's Harley Davidson .... smiley (although I would add a large adjustable wrench to the mix)

PerttiA said:

you only need a large hammer and a crowbar to fix a Lada because those were the only tools available wink

edited July 2021

a change from bikes for a bit.. 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5

2021_hyundai_ioniq_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 692K
    2021_hyundai_ioniq_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 701K
    2021_hyundai_ioniq_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 684K
    Post edited by hacsart on
    edited July 2021

1952 Jaguar C-Type.

1953_jaguar_c_type_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1953_jaguar_c_type_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1953_jaguar_c_type_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1953_jaguar_c_type_4.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    1953_jaguar_c_type_5.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,141

Amazing images!  Look so real!

Dana

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,317

DanaTA said:

Amazing images!  Look so real!

Dana

What he saidyes 

edited July 2021

Thanks Guys..

a good HDRI with with a large EV range and good contrast really helps.. Basic Iray render - one model, one HDRI environment.. renders quick,too..

edited July 2021

while we're doing Jags..  2016 F-Type Project 7

2016_jaguar_ftype_project_7_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 792K
    2016_jaguar_ftype_project_7_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 827K
    2016_jaguar_ftype_project_7_4.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    2016_jaguar_ftype_project_7_5.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    edited August 2021

Can we do planes as well?  RCAF GRumann Tracker (CP-121) - "Dawn Patrol"

trawler_test_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

hacsart said:

Can we do planes as well?  RCAF GRumann Tracker (CP-121) - "Dawn Patrol"

You bet 

Nice one 

edited August 2021

Thanks!

snowbird_test_iray_2.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M

Not familiar with that aircraft. It looks nice

Canadian Armed Forces Tutor - CT-114  as used by the Snowbirds ( 431 Air Demonstration Squadron)

Robert Freise said:

Not familiar with that aircraft. It looks nice

yesyes

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited August 2021

Hi all! Love the car in the snow reflections...so real. I am gonna post a few links to two freebie cars you can go get if you want them. The 1959 Caddy looks familiar only a much better and detailed version. The other car comes in 6 parts. This link is for the 6th part which I think may be the engine. Just go to this link and download this part, then scroll to the bottom of the page on the right side it will say ...more...and it will list all the other links for the complete car. Haven't put this one together yet but it looks to be a nice car. enjoy...and keep posting great car and bike renders.

1) https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89091/1959-cadillac-el-dorado-biarritz

2) https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89067/statler-v8-86-csc-part-66-obj-file

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited August 2021

re-visiting an older work..

heavenly_blues_base_iray_9.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 2M
    edited August 2021

next up - de Havilland Dragon in Queen Charlotte Airways paint..

ultrascenery_dh89l_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

Nice

Where did you get that if you don't mind my asking?

its a user made mod for flight sim 2004 (haven't played with that in years! bought it new, when I was into flight sims). took a fair bit of work to smooth it out..

Nice

Where did you get that if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks for the info

No worries.. it's a real process to extract the models - easy to convert them to obj, BUT the BMP texture format is not standard, and  needs to be converted and ofetn then there are mapping issues.., and then there's the problem  of smoothing.. some models work, others, well, not so much. 

• music2u4u said:

I am gonna post a few links to two freebie cars you can go get if you want them. The 1959 Caddy looks familiar only a much better and detailed version. The other car comes in 6 parts. This link is for the 6th part which I think may be the engine. Just go to this link and download this part, then scroll to the bottom of the page on the right side it will say ...more...and it will list all the other links for the complete car. Haven't put this one together yet but it looks to be a nice car. enjoy...and keep posting great car and bike renders.

1) https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89091/1959-cadillac-el-dorado-biarritz

2) https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89067/statler-v8-86-csc-part-66-obj-file

Thank you for the links.

edited August 2021

Nice - love the wheel blur!

Here you go Mazda MX5 Superlight concept.

mazda_mx_ssl_5.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    mazda_mx_ssl_6.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    mazda_mx_ssl_7.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,316
    edited August 2021

Here's the Teuf-Teuf as you have never seen it before. 3Djoji was unbelievable on hearing I had a varient of 2CV that appears to be a UK exclusive he'd never seen, the Charleston. After sending him photos, he sent me a little update to make the Teuf-Teuf like mine. How incredible is that? I haven't played with it fully yet, and seem to have missed the fact I can probably get Right Hand Drive from the model too.  I'm like an excited 5 year old with a new toy. So here it is with my favourite character, sitting a bit high in the seat (needs to sag a bit more, but the elastic bands in the seat are brand new!) in my favourite car. Doesn't get better than this.

Love it, love it love it.

Regards,

Richard

Glamorous Vickie 22 R01.png
    1476 x 936 - 2M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

richardandtracy said:

Here's the Teuf-Teuf as you have never seen it before. 3Djoji was unbelievable on hearing I had a varient of 2CV that appears to be a UK exclusive he'd never seen, the Charleston. 

We had/have them here in Finland.