CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK V

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Great stuff @hacsart, love the Viper:) Here's another streetbike render...

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited October 2021

Thanks Sven..  That's a really nice  you have render there....   Have a Triumph Scrambler!

2015_triumph_scrambler_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    2015_triumph_scrambler_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on

Coolyes

That bike of yours in that last render, Sven...  sure has a Confederate Motorcycles vibe! reminds me of  their P51!

Ah yes that's true. What happened to them btw, are they still around?

• Sven Dullah said:

Ah yes that's true. What happened to them btw, are they still around?

If you're referring to the Confederate Air Force yes they're still around. They gave up to the PC correct crowd and changed the name to Commemorative Air Force

They revamped their business. and are now known as Combat Motors.. so still doing their unique brand of bikes.. By the way - whats the HDRI in your render - its a good one!

edited October 2021

Tks for the info guys! The HDRI is the Ulmer Muenster from PolyHaven. However the parking lot and brick wall is a prop and I use the HDRI just as a backdrop and for reflections, I lit the scene with one emissive plane.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,310
    edited October 2021
    Weird. To me a P51 comes from Parker Pens (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/359592-the-new-parker-51-vs-the-original-parker-51/. Or, less commonly is called a 'Mustang' and has wings.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited October 2021

Yamaha 650- flat tracker style.. model from grabcad.com (original in .STEP, converted to .OBJ)

xt_fs650_2360_1.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 2M
    xt_fs650_2360_2.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 2M
  • Very nice

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822

I found a GTA site with lots of downloads on it, I grabbed 6 models for GTA 3 San Andreas and converted them to .obj for use in Daz. The models were superb but the textures, which I also had to convert to .tiff files for Daz were all wrong and did not fit, or the texture zone was including parts that did not match the textures labeled for them. 6 models! None of them could be used. There was only one that I could use and it had a few textures that didn't apply, but luckily I was able to sub with dark color. Still frustrating to do all that work for nothing.

Sven Dullah said:

Tks for the info guys! The HDRI is the Ulmer Muenster from PolyHaven. However the parking lot and brick wall is a prop and I use the HDRI just as a backdrop and for reflections, I lit the scene with one emissive plane.

There is another one on that site that looks almost exactly like the one you used with the motorcycle guy. It is called Abandoned Tank Farm 2 here :  Abandoned Tank Farm 02

AbandonedTankFarm2.jpg
    1465 x 797 - 117K

hacsart said:

love it!  good one!

I agree...sweeet. 

There are some really great renders here lately. I really love the "Bandit" Trans Am and the one with the flying car way up in the sky. Keep em' comin'!

I never use the textures from a GTA model.. easier to do all the texture work in DAZ.. 

music2u4u said:

I found a GTA site with lots of downloads on it, I grabbed 6 models for GTA 3 San Andreas and converted them to .obj for use in Daz. The models were superb but the textures, which I also had to convert to .tiff files for Daz were all wrong and did not fit, or the texture zone was including parts that did not match the textures labeled for them. 6 models! None of them could be used. There was only one that I could use and it had a few textures that didn't apply, but luckily I was able to sub with dark color. Still frustrating to do all that work for nothing.

edited October 2021

as music2u4u said - some GTA models are very nicely done.. This is a GTA San Andreas mod. Indian Scout

indian_scout_1.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 2M
    indian_scout_3.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 2M
    indian_scout_2.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 2M
  • Looks good

edited October 2021

Thanks!!

Another GTA SA conversion.. Harley Streetglide. Currently working on a GTA conversion for an International C-130 pickup (I remember those!)

2019_HD_streetglide_2.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 2M
    2019_HD_streetglide_3.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 1M
  • I remember the International C-130 pickup My grandad, Uncle, and a friend of mine all had one

Grandads was red, Uncles was blue and my friend had a rusty Yellow one that he paid $100.00 for

edited October 2021

first go at it.. its a GTA 3 mod model, which isn't perfect, but hey ..

ihc_C130_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
  • Looks pretty good to me

hacsart said:

I never use the textures from a GTA model.. easier to do all the texture work in DAZ.. 

music2u4u said:

I do that alot too. I have a folder called "cars" where I have tons of textures I use. My problem with some models is you download them, open them and convert or assemble the model. Then after that you go to color or texture the part and it includes things you did not want to be that color. Example: Color the car exterior paint and the windshield is paired with it and it too gets colored. You have to have a model program that would let you see the material zones on one before you get it. I have trashed many good models that I could not color the say..seats, without the tires turning white too. So...you color the seat the color of the tires because they are more important. Just make the interior black...lol. Go figure. 

edited November 2021

OK...Here is a new one for me. I just got my friend, the computer wizard, to install me a new hard drive in my Dell. He set it up great and I am so glad to have windows 10 again. I was on windows 7 for many months lately. So, this is my newest renders done yesterday. Nvida Iray. Oh...pay no attention to Dolly Parton in one of the pics, she just happened to be walking by when I snapped the picture. Anything in a virtual world, huh?

1955ChevyBlack1.jpg
    1084 x 881 - 739K
    1955ChevyBlack2.jpg
    1084 x 881 - 716K
    1955ChevyBlack4.jpg
    1084 x 881 - 656K
    1955ChevyBlack6.jpg
    1084 x 881 - 610K
    1955ChevyBlack5.jpg
    1084 x 881 - 569K
    Post edited by music2u4u on

aye- that's a good'un!  nice job on the interior and the rigged door!

edited November 2021

1963 Ferrari 250 GTO Lusso

1963_ferrari_250_gto_lusso_1.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 1M
    1963_ferrari_250_gto_lusso_2.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 1M
    1963_ferrari_250_gto_lusso_3.jpg
    2360 x 1640 - 2M

hacsart said:

1963 Ferrari 250 GTO Lusso

Nice One! 

Thnaks Sven.. This one took a long tome to get converted and textured properly..

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,139

Happy Birthday, Music2u4u!

Dana

What he said! HAppy Birthday Mate!