1920 x 1080 - 289K
    Post edited by qbsa.s.f on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Nice - 3dSquirrel model?

• qbsa.s.fqbsa.s.f Posts: 46
    edited July 2021

hacsart said:

Nice - 3dSquirrel model?

I'm sorry I don't understand what this is (3dSquirrel )

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

its the creator of the car model..  looks a lot like one of his works..  (only a bit better!)

edited July 2021

hacsart said:

its the creator of the car model..  looks a lot like one of his works..  (only a bit better!)

I took this car from my father, and did the rest myself, the grid, the registration plate and everything around the car, and even the wheels are different.  (translate yandex)

edited July 2021

Nice work!

qbsa.s.f said:

hacsart said:

I took this car from my father, and did the rest myself, the grid, the registration plate and everything around the car, and even the wheels are different.  (translate yandex)

Thanks. It's a pity that they don't praise my dolls here. смайлик

I'll have to have a look, I have never seen those

Thanks - looks good!

Where is your gallery?

dont have one...

I can give you cars.... we have a lot of them.

Thanks for the offer, but I have more car models than I can use -  been buying/acquiring them for a few years, just now getting around to using them.. What I do find hard to get are good motorcycle models, especially ones of vintage motorcycles..

edited July 2021

I didn't find any motorcycles. But there is this

(1687).png
    1342 x 692 - 499K
    (1688).png
    1361 x 687 - 460K
    Post edited by qbsa.s.f on
    edited July 2021

yeah.. HUM3d model -  Porsche P133, 1956..  I seem to remember that from somewhere -  I bought lots of models before I retired (and several computers ago...)

Post edited by hacsart on
    edited July 2021

nice work..

next up - Triumph Bonneville.

g8m_hac_bonneville_new_1_iray_1.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M
    g8m_hac_bonneville_new_1_iray_2.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M
    g8m_hac_bonneville_new_1_iray_4.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,320

Nice

Ya got a Norton in your collection?

I wish...   I'll dig around and see whats out there.. I have a BSA Gold Star..  will re-visit that..

Robert Freise said:

Nice

Ya got a Norton in your collection?

Got to ride an 850 Commando back in the '70s and found out it was easy to get airborne coming off the top of a hill.

Where I was living there was a railroad track by the Sonic drive-in and the road dropped off immediately on one side, I didn't think about it and came flying down the road and yep you guessed it I was airborne before I knew it sailed about 80 or 90 feet before I came down by the bowling alley 

edited July 2021

Oddly enough, there weren't a lot of Nortons around where I  was.. I can't remember seeing or knowing anyone who ran a Norton, lots of Triumphs and BSA's..  biggest Britbike I can remember seeing was a Royal Enfield Interceptor. Biggest I had was a Royal Enfield Super Meteor.

And there don't seem to be a lot of good (ie non Sketchup) Norton models out there

On airborne, I got air in town once - Yamaha 350 Street Scramber  (YR2-C)l. heading North  uphiil on  University Ave in Montreal - late for classes, so was gunning it..  where it crosses Sherebrook St., it levels out hard.. yeah - got air through the intersection...

Robert Freise said:

Got to ride an 850 Commando back in the '70s and found out it was easy to get airborne coming off the top of a hill.

Where I was living there was a railroad track by the Sonic drive-in and the road dropped off immediately on one side, I didn't think about it and came flying down the road and yep you guessed it I was airborne before I knew it sailed about 80 or 90 feet before I came down by the bowling alley 

I've only seen two the one I got to ride here in Texas and one that belonged to an NCO at Minot AFB in North Dakota

edited July 2021

as discussed.. BSA Gold Star - revisited..

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ed/69a9146fd1b1075d20d83dc146090f.jpg

bsa_goldstar_iray_base_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 954K
    bsa_goldstar_iray_base_2.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M
    bsa_goldstar_iray_base_3.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,325

I have a near neighbour has a 350 BSA he's restored. He bought it as a not very large box of bits and has made a working bike out of it. On the way he has taught himself how to use a metal lathe (not very well, as his 3" centreheight lathe is knackered, dates back to 1896, has a massively oversize 1.5 kW motor attached and has a 1" bend in the 1" diameter X axis leadscrew), brazing and all sorts of benchwork skills. It's great that he's made a showroom condition bike, but I feel sad he's expended so much time & effort to obtain a bike that, all things considered, relied on such dubious engineering and seemed to be made from such dross. The engine casting leaked oil like a seive - the casting was so porous he used a 250gram tub of epoxy metal filler, and you can't see any of it because the stuff squeezed into the metal. Before doing this, the crankcase emptied over the floor in 4 days. His cleaning probably got rid of all the muck sealing the casting. The carb aperture was obviously meant to be circular, but is 2mm taller than wide due to the way the diecasting shrank on cooling. There were bits on his bike with part numbers for the 125cc Bantam and a 750cc bike, and had obviously been there since day 1. No wonder the bike industry in the UK died and had to be revived.

Regards,

Richard

edited July 2021

Porous casings? that was a real common problem on Royal Enfileds, until the factory started sealing them at the factory... The demise of the British motorcycle industry was a complex thing with more than just quality being an issue  -  quite a few  books written on it. a good one is "Tales of Triumph Motorcycles & the Meriden Factory" written by Hughie Hancox, who spent 20 years working at the Meriden factory from 1954 to 1974.  He goes into the end of Triumph and how the co-op was a failure as well.. 

Most of the Brit bikes I owned and worked on were from the 1950's and mid 60s' and while they had their quirks,the build quality seemed to be way better than the 70's bikes that I saw a few of. One big problem was electrics, but then everyone was using either Wipac or Lucas, so that figures. Same thing with carbs - everyone used Amals, (or SU or Solex, for the oddbalss like Ariel Square Fours).
    Some issues were due to design flaws, oil pumps were often an issue, and lack of proper sized breathers contributed to oil leaks (overpressure). 

There is an entire aftermarket industry in the UK today that caters to updating and  fixing most of the issues that one finds on older Brit bikes. Me?If I were doing it today and money we not an issue - Godet Egli Vincent.... (I had a Vinnie one summer back when)

Looking at your friends bike dillemma, I wonder if  that Box of bits was from several bikes, and passed through the hands ofthe Artful Bodger before he got it. I've seen some terrible 'fixes' on old bikes-  coarse wood screws to hold on chaincase covers,  etc.. I gather its an older BSA single? C12? B40? I've done an older c15 from the mid '50s (250cc single). I can remeber it took about 10 re-asssemblies to get the clutch/gearbox working, as Mr. Bodger had been in there, "improving" things  - amazing how the clutch even tried to work with the wring (size and number) of friction plates!!

Mine (well, the one I had for a bit) was a C-series Shadow...

Robert Freise said:

edited July 2021

for today..  Indian FTR 1200

indian_ftr_1200_iray_1_1.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M
    indian_ftr_1200_iray_1_2.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M