any news on the hd plugin?? :D

Comments

• JuselJusel Posts: 12

I have tried David 5 (Genesis) with "Aging Details HD for Genesis Aging Morphs" (Zev0).
    It is working, but there is an issue with seams. Any Ideas?

David5.jpg
    640 x 480 - 17K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

Is it the right UV? David 5 has his own UV 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930

and one really cool thing is you can apply the morph to the original daz puppy !! see one on the right - of course posing it gives minor explosion :)

Once the morph is applied, you can use the dials in the parameters tab, thus changing the character. All my tests show there is no explosion this way. In the other hand, the HD morph will keep the same size. If the difference in size is important, the result may be monstrous.

sorry Philemeno, i wasnt complaining!! just saying i was amazed  that it worked from dog 8 to the original daz puppy - which is another figure entirely!!!

Is it the right UV? David 5 has his own UV 

Yes it is. I have also tried your instructions with collapsed UVs, some result. I have tried a little genesis 3 and 8. Sometimes I had to use collapsed UVs to prevent from exploding while posing.
    But the issue with seams is always visible. (newest beta of HD-plugin)

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175

OK, I'll add a duplicate vertices algorithm on Monday (away for the weekend). It will solve the seam issue.

OK, I'll add a duplicate vertices algorithm on Monday (away for the weekend). It will solve the seam issue.

That would be really great. Thank you.

Here is another example. Floyd 8, HD-morph applied and not applied

Floyd 8 HD.jpg
    640 x 480 - 19K
    Floyd 8 without HD.jpg
    640 x 480 - 18K
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Hello Rashad, Carrara8.5/Extensions is the right spot for the HDMorph plugin. Script for DAZ Studio goes in DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts folder

Brilliant! Thanks!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

no more worries about the udm?

i can go for it without the extra steps

Yes, you can if you've downloaded the latest version.

Jusel said:

I've uploaded a new version with an optional seam welding which seems to solve the David 5 problem. Unfortunately, It doesn't with the G8 issue. I'm afraid I have to work a little more on the subject sad

Jusel said:

I've uploaded a new version with an optional seam welding which seems to solve the David 5 problem. Unfortunately, It doesn't with the G8 issue. I'm afraid I have to work a little more on the subject sad

OK, I found it. It was the way I was computing normals.

I've just uploaded a new version with the bug correction.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thank you!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088

Thanks again!

David 5 (Genesis) with "Aging Details HD for Genesis Aging Morphs" (Zev0) --> ok
    Floyd 8 with HD Add-On --> ok
    Ophelia 7 with HD Add-On --> ok

Great improvment!
    Thank you so much.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,910

Many thank-yous once again !!!

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

My first atempt at using this gem of a plugin, thanks a million Philemo!!! this is SybleHD at level 4.   Took forever to load, like two hours on my humble machine, i7-3820 @3.6GHz, 32 GB ram, and a GTX 1060 6GB.  Carrara is using 34% of that 32GB.  No textures on her yet, which is my next project.

SybleHD_4C.JPG
    1929 x 1049 - 144K
    ProPose said:

My first atempt at using this gem of a plugin, thanks a million Philemo!!! this is SybleHD at level 4.   Took forever to load, like two hours on my humble machine, i7-3820 @3.6GHz, 32 GB ram, and a GTX 1060 6GB.  Carrara is using 34% of that 32GB.  No textures on her yet, which is my next project.

LOL that runs rings around my rig

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

This is great - many thanks!

edited May 2019
    ProPose said:

I think level 4 is sighly over Carrara capacity. I'm afraid I've never gone over level 3 and, having a much humble machine, I think it's fortunate I didn't even try wink.

Honestly, for this kind of details, if a displacement bitmap is available, I thing the Phong plugin is more suited.

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
    ProPose said:

I think level 4 is sighly over Carrara capacity. I'm afraid I've never gone over level 3 and, having a much humble machine, I think it's fortunate I didn't even try wink.

Honestly, for this kind of details, if a displacement bitmap is available, I thing the Phong plugin is more suited.

Totally agree!  It's almost impossible to work with a character of this density and keep your sanity, it's like being stuck in quicksand and every move you make is like super slo-motion.  The reason I bought this character was to use it in Carrara, now I have/can, so I can't thank you enough.

edited May 2019

A Phong version is on my list of tools to play with as well, which I've downloaded but haven't tried yet.

She doesn't come with displacement maps, but I have ShaderMap pro, and I could create one, I hope.  Just need to learn how to do that.

Post edited by ProPose on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859

@Philemo_carrara can this plugin be used in Carrara to import an obj character that you have dial spun in Carrara?

I did try.. dial spun a weird character and exported the obj with morphs then loaded a new Genesis and imported the obj and applied using the plugin.. all good till I went to pose him then he exploded .. lol

looked cool... but can this be done?

did I miss a step?

this would be good rather than saving the whole genesis dial spun character to the tabs. yes cool

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited June 2019

Hello Rashad, Carrara8.5/Extensions is the right spot for the HDMorph plugin. Script for DAZ Studio goes in DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts folder

Hi Buny.... What is that Morph Transfer Prototype you have in your list?  Just curious!  Pls use words of one syllable!   heartcheeky  SIlene

Hi Philemo....Just caught up on the plugin... can't wait to try the HD !   yes Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,910

Hi Buny.... What is that Morph Transfer Prototype you have in your list?  Just curious!  Pls use words of one syllable!   heartcheeky  SIlene

Hi Philemo....Just caught up on the plugin... can't wait to try the HD !   yes Silene

Hmmm, words of one syllable - that could be hard !!!

Singular Blues was working on a Morph Transfer of Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 figures, as well as allowing G8 to G3, & male to female/female to male. The development path has had quite a few hurdles with some script releases which were then taken down for various reasons.

Latest:- https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4640771/#Comment_4640771

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Hmmm, words of one syllable - that could be hard !!!

Singular Blues was working on a Morph Transfer of Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 figures, as well as allowing G8 to G3, & male to female/female to male. The development path has had quite a few hurdles with some script releases which were then taken down for various reasons.

Latest:- https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4640771/#Comment_4640771

Oh darn... thought it was something else. Sigh.....   blush Silene

@Philemo_carrara can this plugin be used in Carrara to import an obj character that you have dial spun in Carrara?

I did try.. dial spun a weird character and exported the obj with morphs then loaded a new Genesis and imported the obj and applied using the plugin.. all good till I went to pose him then he exploded .. lol

looked cool... but can this be done?

did I miss a step?

this would be good rather than saving the whole genesis dial spun character to the tabs. yes cool

One question, was the subdivision equals on both systems?

The purpose of that plugin was to get small variations transfered. The problem is that it uses both UV coordinates and geometrical proximity to choose the reference for the HD morph. If the dialed morph is too far, it will choose the wrong reference and it will distort when posed.

I'll make some tests to see if I can implement an UV only reference system.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859

Yep, subdivision on both were set to zero 

edited June 2019

Solved

silly mistake 

all good

talk0016.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 453K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited June 2019

NM I did something stupid

behemoth0150.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 499K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

Alright, finally managed to write a decent news post at Carrara Cafe for the new HD morph plugin, with the new Wordpress tool.
    I think that I managed to compress all relevant info into one page, though I had to cheat with a PDF of Philemos tutorial.
    But feel free to correct me.

https://carraracafe.com/hd-morph-plugin-for-carrara-by-philemo-released/

Any comments, additions or new renders to add, please post here.