Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    edited April 2019

SOLVED

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 313K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • yes do delete the eyelashes on 8 before exporting

Yes, for now, as they crash the plugin. I've made a fix to ignore them, but it's not yet released. Anyhow, as G8 isn't working, not really an issue.

see my post other page

i have been editing so much while trying things it all changed devil

1. export an obj from DAZ studio at BASE RESOTUTION ZEROED DS preset 100% collapse UV's
    2. under the surfaces tab on the right click the lined box with the figure selected chose load UV set
    3. pick the obj and name it collapsed or not UDIM or something
    4. save under file as UV set
    5. use this UV set both for your export and to save Jonathon or Janet as a scene subset
    6. it now should work it did for me
    7. WHOOOOOHOOOO

• I'm afraid not, because the base model still have them and it must be consistent. I have just to correct my code. 

Ah maybe collapsing the UDIM in export options 

am now testing a collapsed UV on jonathon DS subset  I have one saved in surfaces

you create it by exporting a base mesh and loading it as a UV set in surfaces under the rightclick corner lined box menu (yes DAZ studio User interface enough said)

I've learned something today. see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/197436/what-does-collapse-uv-tiles-do

I'm surprised, but happy it's working.

guess I better test 8 next laugh

8 works and I used sibdiv 3 which is as high as Misty's preset goes in DS higher might work but Carrara won't like it not sure I can render this one cheeky

• Great news. Thank you Wendy for all your efforts. 

8 works and I used sibdiv 3 which is as high as Misty's preset goes in DS higher might work but Carrara won't like it not sure I can render this one cheeky

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

We need a new preset for un. Udm uv?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,910

see my post other page

i have been editing so much while trying things it all changed devil

1. export an obj from DAZ studio at BASE RESOTUTION ZEROED DS preset 100% collapse UV's
    2. under the surfaces tab on the right click the lined box with the figure selected chose load UV set
    3. pick the obj and name it collapsed or not UDIM or something
    4. save under file as UV set
    5. use this UV set both for your export and to save Jonathon or Janet as a scene subset
    6. it now should work it did for me
    7. WHOOOOOHOOOO

Hello Wendy - great news

I am however having trouble with Step 2, can you paste a screen-shot showing where to right click to load the UV set.

I have my DAZ Studio open with the Surfaces-Editor tab open, UV Set shows base male and a few other options, when I click on the little cog and go to Parameter Settings I am not finding where to load the obj from.

Mystarra said:

We need a new preset for un. Udm uv?

Might help for those who are unfamiliar with DAZ Studio.

edited April 2019

I made a zip you can just extract and drop in your library merging the data folders to give you the 4 collapsed UV's under surfaces

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/2a/652122b55c157523d4e270d5e0ac81.zip

rename it data if the forum has changed it unless the data folder is in whatever convolted name the forum gave it cheeky

but if you ever need do this its here in DAZ studio's interesting User Interface

zip
    zip
    Data.zip
    Untitled.jpg
    638 x 426 - 73K

I made a zip you can just extract and drop in your library merging the data folders

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/2a/652122b55c157523d4e270d5e0ac81.zip

rename it data if the forum has changed it unless the data folder is in whatever convolted name the forum gave it cheeky

but if you ever need do this its here in DAZ studio's interesting User Interface

Ah-ha, so that's what I was doing wrong - many thank-you's Wendy !!!

edited April 2019

Wooo-hooo from me as well ! Thanks to Philemo & Wendy !!!

Mervin space 1.png
    2400 x 1800 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

my video as promised

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088

Thanks for posting your results, Bunyip and Wendy.  Can't wait to get to this.  Wendy, video gets two thmbs up.  Are your dance motion files from a free library and converted, or from another source?

Thanks for posting your results, Bunyip and Wendy.  Can't wait to get to this.  Wendy, video gets two thmbs up.  Are your dance motion files from a free library and converted, or from another source?

Gofigure V4 aniblocks baked to studio keyframes  on Genesis one, decimated with Casuals free script loaded on Genesis 3 then saved again with arm and leg pose rotations on Genesis 8

sounds confusing but only way I can use earlier legacy aniblocks on G3 & 8

were Chiller and hiphop ones

Misty’s desire the Lindsay dark horse HD addon for Horse 2 works too

may buy DeepSea’s cow later too

thank yoo  smileyheart

horsie wants an pple from the apple orchard   dunno if is true horsies like carrots and sugar cubes.

and unicorns fart rainbows

Had a scaling issue with both Gianni 6 and Lee 6, Gianni 6 ended up larger while Lee 6 was smaller, with the offset skeleton rig posing was bad.

FWArt Derek HD worked no issues

those guys have scaling slaved into the morph slider.

me and serene night have complained bout that practice loudly in commons lol

the fg has v6 m6 hd addons today.  wonder if is pure co-inkydinx

Boris for G2M with all RAW veins works fine animated with mimic

sub division 2 on both

just the extreme ones an issue the hunks are fine

oh. !  must try him. 

boris is who i'm using for space pirate capt.

Ah maybe collapsing the UDIM in export options 

I never thought to do that will retest

jeez image saving as webp on my netbook.  this site turning into most user unfriendly 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930

Wow thanks for all the work on this . Head spinning! Could we put one characters hd on another ? I wonder!

thinking g2 has several uv templates.

each one will need the udim fix?

was wondering would be legal for me to nclude the udm fix in j&J and the betas
    for convenience sake

wondering if there is a way to make a shader preset detect if a plug in is installed?
    could give the client a message where to find the plug in?

Mystarra said:

thinking g2 has several uv templates.

each one will need the udim fix?

was wondering would be legal for me to nclude the udm fix in j&J and the betas
    for convenience sake

wondering if there is a way to make a shader preset detect if a plug in is installed?
    could give the client a message where to find the plug in?

G2 is not UDIM so they work fine

Wow thanks for all the work on this . Head spinning! Could we put one characters hd on another ? I wonder!

It will override it though you could dial in other morphs afterwards 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859

I'm lost now....

I'll just sit back and watch till the end angel

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Considering that even Stezza is lost, I'll give you three guesses where most of the rest of us are at. smiley

Philemo, it looks like you have done something amazing here.  I assume that the kinks will be worked out eventually.

edited April 2019

It’s not hard except my own attempt at a HD character failed because Zbrush doesn’t export the surfaces and vertex groups even though the UV’s stay the same.

A base resolution of the same contorted thing I sculpted worked in DAZ studio’s morphloader but the high res detailed one was not seen by Philemo’s plugin at all as it only had one surface and vertex group,

I guess since still UV’d I could select the islands separately in UUW3D and assign groups and surfaces (Carrara won’t do this if one group] but was too big of a PITA to bother, next time I will export the high Rez one from DAZ instead of subdividing it in Zbrush as that new higher res base will at least have groupings and surfaces so I can use morphloader on that unmorphed unrigged obj to create my mesh for export to Carrara.

So much to explore and figure out,

https://www.daz3d.com/cassius-hd-for-daz-dog-8

I see Josh Crockett has made a pet for the disrupters alien, now we have HD it’s an awful lot more tempting to buy devil

Means his store is on sale too he makes the best HD morphed creatures!

Considering that even Stezza is lost, I'll give you three guesses where most of the rest of us are at. smiley

Philemo, it looks like you have done something amazing here.  I assume that the kinks will be worked out eventually.

UB and any others who are lost, between Philemo's plugin and Wendy's workaround for Genesis 3 & 8, we can now use HD morphs. If you need a step-by-step tutorial let me know and I'll bash one up for you (although it would be in seperate parts).