any news on the hd plugin?? :D

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,910

https://www.daz3d.com/cassius-hd-for-daz-dog-8

I see Josh Crockett has made a pet for the disrupters alien, now we have HD it’s an awful lot more tempting to buy devil

Means his store is on sale too he makes the best HD morphed creatures!

Very tempting !!!

• I've just uploaded a new version. There is now no need to collapse UDIM.

I still have to look into the scaling issue.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,910

I've just uploaded a new version. There is now no need to collapse UDIM.

I still have to look into the scaling issue.

Many thank-yous once again !!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

Thank you this will make it simpler and simpler is always good yes

• It’s not hard except my own attempt at a HD character failed because Zbrush doesn’t export the surfaces and vertex groups even though the UV’s stay the same.

A base resolution of the same contorted thing I sculpted worked in DAZ studio’s morphloader but the high res detailed one was not seen by Philemo’s plugin at all as it only had one surface and vertex group,

I guess since still UV’d I could select the islands separately in UUW3D and assign groups and surfaces (Carrara won’t do this if one group] but was too big of a PITA to bother, next time I will export the high Rez one from DAZ instead of subdividing it in Zbrush as that new higher res base will at least have groupings and surfaces so I can use morphloader on that unmorphed unrigged obj to create my mesh for export to Carrara.

So much to explore and figure out,

Matching in the plugin is based on UV space name. If there are the same, it should work. Maybe renaming them in the vertex modeler ?

• https://www.daz3d.com/cassius-hd-for-daz-dog-8

I see Josh Crockett has made a pet for the disrupters alien, now we have HD it’s an awful lot more tempting to buy devil

Thanks

I enjoyed your video, quite amusing lol

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Where havev i been, what have i missed...

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930

thanks Philemo!!

https://www.daz3d.com/cassius-hd-for-daz-dog-8

Thanks

I enjoyed your video, quite amusing lol

Your Welcome

21 of 41 items now from your store I grabbed the doggy yes

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,026
    edited April 2019

Cassius HD for Daz Dog 8

_Looks like This ought to be in these Resident Evil movies _

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited April 2019

some morphs can crack at seams though I noticed

cracks.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 213K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Hi Wendy,

Did you use the latest version ? I did some improvements on the matching algorithm. If so, I'll have to add a duplicate vertices algorithm.

Hi Wendy,

Did you use the latest version ? I did some improvements on the matching algorithm. If so, I'll have to add a duplicate vertices algorithm.

no that was still the old one, installed it now

edited April 2019

there are scaling issues on Cassius even zeroing the feet, you can see the mesh loads higher, I was going to fiddle but honestly my last image not using the plugin but the normal map in displacement proved the easiest option, I used Octane but one could use your phong

cas0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    cas0067.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    run0043.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Do you think it's a matter of global scaling or scaling at bone level? 

there are scaling issues on Cassius even zeroing the feet, you can see the mesh loads higher, I was going to fiddle but honestly my last image not using the plugin but the normal map in displacement proved the easiest option, I used Octane but one could use your phong

edited April 2019

bones specifically the feet and mouth, zeroing won't fix its baked in somehow

I tried a G8 UDIM with the new version and it worked, Josh Crockett's Dweller

Dweller0036.png
    1920 x 1080 - 415K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859

as I only use Carrara I'm unfamiliar with all these new terms and don't have programs like ZBrush and those others with abbreviated letters .. I have no idea what a UDIM is as I don't use DS so it all gets lost on me..

That's why I'll wait till the end when hopefully just a Carrara tut will be available on how to implement it. wink

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250

as I only use Carrara I'm unfamiliar with all these new terms and don't have programs like ZBrush and those others with abbreviated letters .. I have no idea what a UDIM is as I don't use DS so it all gets lost on me..

That's why I'll wait till the end when hopefully just a Carrara tut will be available on how to implement it. wink

Well, HD Morphs are made FOR Daz Studio, so at the very least, we need to enter DS long enough to export the HD Morph as OBJ. Once that's done, the rest should all be okay with a Carrara-Only process.

Philemo's tutorial should be nice and easy - even for those of us who never/rarely open DS! yes

edited April 2019

Well, HD Morphs are made FOR Daz Studio, so at the very least, we need to enter DS long enough to export the HD Morph as OBJ. Once that's done, the rest should all be okay with a Carrara-Only process.

Philemo's tutorial should be nice and easy - even for those of us who never/rarely open DS! yes

And just to clarify, in Step 4 and Step 5 of the tutorial, he is first (step 4) importing the exported (from DS) HD morphed figure as an OBJ with his import notes applied, and then in step 5, he's loading in the figure that we would otherwise use the morph on into the same scene, with the obj from step 4.

An example:

If we're going to use a Gianni 6 HD morph,

• Step 1 - in Daz Studio we'd load in Gianni 6 HD character preset 
    • Step 2 - since this is a Character Preset, this step should already be done (but check his notes just to see what it means)
    • Step 3 - export as obj from Daz Studio - see Philemo's notes
    • Step 4 - In Carrara, Import the obj we've just exported from DS - see Philemo's notes
    • Step 5 - In the same Carrara scene, load Gianni 6 HD Character Preset from your library - see Philemo's notes
    • Step 6 - with Actor selected, make sure that the smoothing levels in Carrara are the same as they were in DS from Step 2
    • Step 7 - with Actor selected, add the Philemo > HD Morph modifier
    • Step 8 - click Choose Target
    • Step 9 - in the list, select the obj we've imported from DS (step 4)
    • Step 10 - Celebrate... we're done!
    • Step 11 - may now delete the imported obj (step 4) from the scene.
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Since the UDIM issue has been solved there is no need to address that, it was only something I was aware of because it breaks Garibaldi hair and affects exports to several other apps I use Carrara usually  not being one of them, many UV mapping programs cannot cope with it at all.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited April 2019

this could be mildly interesting - not sure how tru it is https://www.versluis.com/2015/07/how-to-preview-hd-morphs-in-daz-studio/

advice to set subdivision to 3 ?

also interesting thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31158/how-can-i-create-hd-morphs-for-ds/p1

Post edited by Headwax on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

OT: I noticed on CTS our man Phiemo released a "SrudioLights" thingagoogaloo. Is there a thread i missed?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859
    edited April 2019

And just to clarify, in Step 4 and Step 5 of the tutorial, he is first (step 4) importing the exported (from DS) HD morphed figure as an OBJ with his import notes applied, and then in step 5, he's loading in the figure that we would otherwise use the morph on into the same scene, with the obj from step 4.

An example:

• Step 2 - since this is a Character Preset, this step should already be done (but check his notes just to see what it means)
    • Step 4 - In Carrara, Import the obj we've just exported from DS - see Philemo's notes
    • Step 5 - In the same Carrara scene, load Gianni 6 HD Character Preset from your library - see Philemo's notes
    • Step 6 - with Actor selected, make sure that the smoothing levels in Carrara are the same as they were in DS from Step 2

Thanks Dart..

yeah, Philemo's instructions are easy to follow, it's all the follow on info after that, that gets too confusing to read so best off leaving it all till the end ...  yes

Walker.png
    640 x 480 - 272K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • I've been given quite a lot of thoughts on how to deal with the scaling issues. I've came to the conclusion that the solution was to be on Studio side where all information is known.

So, I've added a Daz Studio script to deal with it: UnScale.dsa in the Studio scripts folder in the archive.

Store it in the script part of your studio library. To use it, select the figure you mean to export and run the script. It will remove all scaling from skeleton and bones, which should solve all scaling issues on Carrara side.

Tests with global scaling are OK, but I don't have any content with slaved scale at bone level. I tried to mimic it, but it's never as good as the real thing.

• MAJourney said:

OT: I noticed on CTS our man Phiemo released a "SrudioLights" thingagoogaloo. Is there a thread i missed?

See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4283071/#Comment_4283071

I've been given quite a lot of thoughts on how to deal with the scaling issues. I've came to the conclusion that the solution was to be on Studio side where all information is known.

So, I've added a Daz Studio script to deal with it: UnScale.dsa in the Studio scripts folder in the archive.

Store it in the script part of your studio library. To use it, select the figure you mean to export and run the script. It will remove all scaling from skeleton and bones, which should solve all scaling issues on Carrara side.

Tests with global scaling are OK, but I don't have any content with slaved scale at bone level. I tried to mimic it, but it's never as good as the real thing.

Genius plan! My mind was swirling around those same thoughts, but never actually landed! LOL

Bravo Philemo!

An example:

Thanks Dart..

yeah, Philemo's instructions are easy to follow, it's all the follow on info after that, that gets too confusing to read so best off leaving it all till the end ...  yes

I hear that! Whew!

Now that's a fitting render! I must say... last night's episode has me supercharged for the day. Off to work I go

sadly though the scaling is baked in so the script won't fix it,

Misty uses DSON editor By D3D to remove it

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited April 2019

Too bad.crying. And Cassius + Daz dog 8 is too expensive for me to buy and experiment with.

At least, the script should help with the Lee 6 pointed out by @Bunyip02_Carrara and G8 baby by @Headwax_Carrara.

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on

Too bad.crying. And Cassius + Daz dog 8 is too expensive for me to buy and experiment with.

At least, the script should help with the Lee 6 pointed out by @Bunyip02_Carrara and G8 baby by @Headwax_Carrara.

sadly he was too expensive for me to buy a gift certificate for you too at our exchange rate esp needing dog 8, I already spent far too much buying two other JC figures with him,

it did occur to me, iheart

s OK I am very greatful fur your plugin a few figures don't matter, he at least can use displacement as the details linear

I am very impressed how other stuff works with it

next months budget maybe if another GC offer on DAZ can toss one in but do wait until sales as no need or rush so can get more stuff when I do