Robotech: Carrier Ops by tkdrobert

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Very nice render, tkdrobert!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    SixDs said:

Very nice render, tkdrobert!

Thanks

• 3dcgx said:

Here is a Manga Heroine made with Kioki.

it has a 90's style

Updated just refresh :)

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851
    edited June 2020

Welcome to anime manga cafe

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
    edited May 2019

Good work everyone, I’m working with some celshade filters at this time.

edited May 2019

Since each of the images represent different subject matter it is somewhat difficult to choose a particular style amongst them, 3dcgx. For your own purposes, as well as obtaining feedback from others, I believe that it would be preferable to choose a single scene typical of what you would create, then apply the various techniques that you wish to compare to that single scene. That will make it much easier to compare and choose between them, eliminating any bias that might be introduced by the nature of the subject itself. In other words, keep the variables to a minimum - same subject, same pose, same lighting, same camera angle, same background, etc.

Post edited by SixDs on
    SixDs said:

Since each of the images represent different subject matter it is somewhat difficult to choose a particular style amongst them, 3dcgx. For your own purposes, as well as obtaining feedback from others, I believe that it would be preferable to choose a single scene typical of what you would create, then apply the various techniques that you wish to compare to that single scene. That will make it much easier to compare and choose between them, eliminating any bias that might be introduced by the nature of the subject itself. In other words, keep the variables to a minimum - same subject, same pose, same lighting, same camera angle, same background, etc.

Good idea I’ll use all the toon plugins I got on a single same scene.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163
    edited May 2019

I've been following this thread and finding it really interesting to see all the different styles of rendering. I've had Aiko 3 for a while but not tried anything much with her, so this is really my first attempt at doing something more than simply dressing the figure. I apologise for not knowing anything about Anime! The scene is rendered in 3Delight with post work using PhotoShop and the free Nik filters.

Aiko-3-SceneMollyTabbyWeb.jpg
    1280 x 1664 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on

Welcome Mollytabby tell us about the free Nik filters.  Are those adobe photoshop filters?

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

Thank you, 3dcgx smiley. They are the Nik Collection filters which were free for quite a while through Google and were then bought up by another company and upgraded (I think). I got them when they were still free and I'm still using them. I have them as a plug in for photoshop but I think they can be used as a standalone set.

I'm not sue if the old free set is still around. Perhaps someone else here knows? 

Yes, Mollytabby, it is still available, directly from DxO, although you do need to provide an email address, and will get emails nagging you to upgrade (I get those as well, even though I downloaded it before it was transferred to DxO). Here's the link for anyone interested:

https://nikcollection.dxo.com/nik-collection-2012/

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited May 2019

OK, so I said I was going to work with Kioki, but I am watching the Monogatari series, and decided to try a render of Black Hanekawa cheeky

(using Sakura 8, doing a little cosplay)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Neko World Rules!

Yes Im an Otaku !  Are you one too??!!!

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

The fact she has two sets of ears is a bit distracting though.

Well, I only got "Barely an Otaku" here...but I am working on it  wink  Then again, I am almost halfway there, if you go by this!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    vrba79 said:

Heh...heh...  Makes her a perfect candidate for experiencing "quadrophonic" sound systems! wink

A bit more seriously, it's likely some cultural aspect because I apparently don't "get it" and find it odd as well.

Sincerely,

Bill

vrba79 said:

Speaking of being distracted, I didn't notice she had two sets of ears blush

vrba79 said:

I'm sure that can be an easy photoshop fix

Even easier than that, i just updated the text under the image above wink.  

3dOutlaw said:

Cosplay !!! ha! you made it funny.

3dOutlaw said:

Touche'!

Sincerely,

Bill

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited May 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

Lol! That works too X3

As useful as the Genesis 1's Cat Girl Earpatch anatomy addon is, you'd think it would have been adapted to 2,3 and 8. That would be just the thing to remove human ears from Nekos and other such creatures.

Post edited by vrba79 on
    vrba79 said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Lol! That works too X3

As useful as the Genesis 1's Cat Girl Earpatch anatomy addon is, you'd think it would have been adapted to 2,3 and 8. That would be just the thing to remove human ears from Nekos and other such creatures.

But that's the thing.  For some reason in some anime and mangas, neko-chans will sport both a pair of seemingly organic cat ears atop their heads AND a pair of human ears.  Obviously, this is not always the case, but I've seen it enough times to realize it was not merely a mistake by the artist due to exhaustion or inattentiveness.  That's why I wondered if it might be a cultural thing, like the more powerful (or simply older) Kitsune having more than one tail, something inspired by Japanese mythology.  (Or like how we simply accept dragons or pegasi having both four legs and a pair of wings when no vertebrate of which we know possesses 6 limbs (not counting the tail, if any).)

Sincerely,

Bill

edited June 2020

Trying new skills

Aiko 3 Kioki

Yatoon Filters

Original File below

edited June 2020

Anime cafe welcomes you

edited May 2019

These are filters I’m using, is called picas for iPad I’m sure a windows version exist.  The filter is called Quinn.  It can make images look like 2D.  

Let me know what you think of these filters, it does take away the 3DCG.  I had quite a few comments on Deviantart and Pixiv that they do not like the 3DCG looks on anime characters, these are my solves on those who dislike it, now I mix both some 3DCG and some with filters.  i will let you all know what comments I encounter with these.

It is a unique look! It always looked better to me in my Carrara days using YaToon or Toon Pro.  Nowadays my 2D renders are Visual Style Shaders in DS, mainly.