edited April 2019

Robotech: Super Veritechs

Robotech Super Veritechs by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    edited April 2019
    tkdrobert said:
    3dOutlaw said:

I was watching a video on updates to Pixiv's Vroid Studio, and noticed the export options have been improved.  In particular, it has a Hair Export to Quad OBJ on it, and there are some nice pre-configured hair models, as well as a very nice procedural and freehand hair creator.  Also, the licensing "seems" to allow commercial use!

If you try it, I notice the import to Daz options that gets it close to Daz size would be use the 3DS MAX settings, but flip the Z and Y on the import settings dialog.

Here is one of the default hairs imported to daz and dropped on AnimeDoll. (iRAY)

Here is a Vroid "capture" (render) of that same hair on the Vroid model with a daz backround image imported to vroid.  :)

I've been meaning to check out that software, but have been too busy this week.  That's awesome news about the hair export.  Now I'm really going to check it out.

Here's my attempt. 

Test.JPG
    462 x 437 - 45K
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited April 2019

"which Daz model is better for that anime style?"

Tough question, actually, baton210, which may be why no one has dived in to answer. As has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, translating 2D manga or anime characters to 3D models can be difficult. Part of the reason for that is that most wanting to do that want to use an application like DAZ Studio to render images of 3D characters and environments in a way that looks like the hand-drawn originals. The difficulty in doing so stems from the fact that originally 3D computer graphics was developed as a means of creating more realistic images, albeit the early efforts were still largely toonish. Ever since then 3D computer graphics has largely been driven by demands for ever increasing realism. Today, "photorealism" seems to be the holy grail of many, but not all, enthusiasts. So, long story short, with most of the 3D programs and the content that they use or create driven by realism, it becomes a little bit like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole attempting to recreate a 2D style in a 3D environment. It can be done, and there are some excellent examples of work by forum members in achieving this. But it is neither simple nor easy.

Okay then which DAZ3D figure? It doesn't matter, really. The body in your example is probably the easy part. That could be done using any of the DAZ figures, old or new, providing you have the addon morph packages for them so you can adjust the various characteristics/parameters of the model. The head is the trickier part. Here again, there are resources that are available to assist in achieving a manga/anime "look", but getting exactly what you want will inevitably result in some tweaking and fiddling. The extreme expressions that such characters display is a whole other issue. They can be extremely exaggerated. I guess if I had to make a suggestion of a single solution for someone just starting out, I would have to say use Genesis 8 Female and Sakura 8, along with the head and body morph packages for Genesis 8 Female, all of which are 40% off at the moment as below:

https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-8

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-head-morphs

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-body-morphs

That should get you started. There are lots of other options, but we could write a book on that. smiley

Post edited by SixDs on
  • SixDs said:

That should get you started. There are lots of other options, but we could write a book on that. smiley

Thanks for the reply. Sakura 8 this is what I need, except heads / faces. It's stylized, but still too realistic. I have seen some anime heads but there is for Genesis 1, 2 ..

P.S. I dont need manga/painted view, i just wanna print some Haruhi figures.

edited April 2019

Robotech: Ace of Aces

Robotech: Ace of Aces by tkdrobert

SixDs said:

"which Daz model is better for that anime style?"

Tough question, actually, baton210, which may be why no one has dived in to answer. As has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, translating 2D manga or anime characters to 3D models can be difficult. Part of the reason for that is that most wanting to do that want to use an application like DAZ Studio to render images of 3D characters and environments in a way that looks like the hand-drawn originals. The difficulty in doing so stems from the fact that originally 3D computer graphics was developed as a means of creating more realistic images, albeit the early efforts were still largely toonish. Ever since then 3D computer graphics has largely been driven by demands for ever increasing realism. Today, "photorealism" seems to be the holy grail of many, but not all, enthusiasts. So, long story short, with most of the 3D programs and the content that they use or create driven by realism, it becomes a little bit like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole attempting to recreate a 2D style in a 3D environment. It can be done, and there are some excellent examples of work by forum members in achieving this. But it is neither simple nor easy.

Okay then which DAZ3D figure? It doesn't matter, really. The body in your example is probably the easy part. That could be done using any of the DAZ figures, old or new, providing you have the addon morph packages for them so you can adjust the various characteristics/parameters of the model. The head is the trickier part. Here again, there are resources that are available to assist in achieving a manga/anime "look", but getting exactly what you want will inevitably result in some tweaking and fiddling. The extreme expressions that such characters display is a whole other issue. They can be extremely exaggerated. I guess if I had to make a suggestion of a single solution for someone just starting out, I would have to say use Genesis 8 Female and Sakura 8, along with the head and body morph packages for Genesis 8 Female, all of which are 40% off at the moment as below:

https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-8

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-head-morphs

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-body-morphs

I wonder what software Ultrman is using.  It's clearing 3D but still looks like Anime.

• Just create this one and I think it belong in here than in NPR thread ;)

G8 with free anime head by Tofusan (shareCG)

Love2c.jpg
    1000 x 1967 - 582K
    edited April 2019

Just create this one and I think it belong in here than in NPR thread ;)

G8 with free anime head by Tofusan (shareCG)

Anything that is not photo-realistic can be posted in the NPR thread, anime or not.

edited April 2019

That's a very nice job, juvestriani. I'm certain that the folks over in the NPR thread would like to see it as well. You can post both here and there, if you like.

Beautiful palette that you have used. Do you mind if I ask what you used for the cell shading effect? (or you could answer that over at the NPR thread and I'll find it there).

Post edited by SixDs on
  • tkdrobert said:
    Anything that is not photo-realistic can be posted in the NPR thread, anime or not.

Thanks !! You`re the best !!

SixDs said:

That's a very nice job, juvestriani. I'm certain that the folks over in the NPR thread would like to see it as well. You can post both here and there, if you like.

Beautiful palette that you have used. Do you mind if I ask what you used for the cell shading effect? (or you could answer that over at the NPR thread and I'll find it there).

Thanks for nice words ,

Actually It just Several Render pass which I`ve  generated using DAZ studio + Pw Toon . And doing crazy layer blend + shift color +shadow blen/inverted shadow in PShop until I`m getting results I want .

For note : There is no Killer Paintbrush skill used here , except my poor attempt for reedish parts in face and eye gloss . The truth is only jlayer blend -recolor-inverted elements  etc doing the job 

I`ll provide you or anyone interest with PSD file ( look at yourself how easy this image generated  Via GDrive)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16pYgIs7GC3txOLJJb60eWESCry_sqQpH

edited April 2019

Thank you for your response, juvesatriani. I'm definitely going to have to spend some time with that because I really like the results that you have achieved.

Post edited by SixDs on
    edited April 2019

Don't want to commandeer the thread, but it seems to be sinking further into the nether regions of the forums, so here's another render.

This one is my take on Ghost in the Shell. Used Genesis for Batou and Genesis 8 Female for Motoko Kusanagi. Motoko's outfite is based largely on the nice outfit, The Major by squarepeg3d, with same additional work using a little kitbashing and a geoshell, plus some alternate hair. Batou's outfit is pure kitbashing. The Hanka tank is also squarepeg's work, with added textures and lights. Guns are the excellent models by Ryuu. Background is once again part of Sfman's great Streets of Tomorrow environment - it is such a large set that a variety of locales can be created using various components. I also threw in a few of the Dystopia city blocks for good measure. Yet again, rendered in DAZ Studio using 3Delight.

GITS.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 658K
    Post edited by SixDs on
  • Just posted this FF7 Tifa Lockhart fanart to the Daz gallery. Full credits of the resources used can be found there.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/774246/

• 3dOutlaw said:

I was watching a video on updates to Pixiv's Vroid Studio, and noticed the export options have been improved.  In particular, it has a Hair Export to Quad OBJ on it, and there are some nice pre-configured hair models, as well as a very nice procedural and freehand hair creator.  Also, the licensing "seems" to allow commercial use!

If you try it, I notice the import to Daz options that gets it close to Daz size would be use the 3DS MAX settings, but flip the Z and Y on the import settings dialog.

Here is one of the default hairs imported to daz and dropped on AnimeDoll. (iRAY)

Here is a Vroid "capture" (render) of that same hair on the Vroid model with a daz backround image imported to vroid.  :)

Translation says :

Article 7 Prohibition clause

1. Users shall not perform the matters corresponding to the following items when using this service. If the user performs any of the following acts, the Company can be regarded as a violation regardless of whether it is intentional or negligent; We may take disadvantageous measures such as deletion or change of all or part of the data on the service.

・ Replicate for the purpose of selling this service to a third party.

・ Distribute this service to third parties, regardless of whether they are paid or not, without our consent.

・ Perform analysis work such as reverse engineering, decompilation or reverse assembly of all or part of this service.

・ Modify or remove part or all of this service.

・ Use this service for commercial use and secondary use.

So it seems that using it for commercial usage is prohibited, actually... bummer :/

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited April 2019

Using Hiro 5 in tandem with the Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 2, I ended up accidentally making anime David Tennant.

Oops.png
    1414 x 1060 - 538K
    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • Something I notice about people commenting on my artwork, is that people dont really know what to say about it, I had a comment on twitter of someone saying that my artwork has a PSP vibe (playstation)  some people dont comment sat all but they give me badges or likes.  Sometmes i feel people are not ready for this kind of artwork, the world is so used to the 2D artwork.

What Im doing about it is changing or using some old skills I know to turn the artwork into vector style.  I always get some good feedbacks when I made those, lets see how that go.

• baton2101 said:

Hi all!
    I need some advice.
    I wanna make Haruhi Suzumiya Great again model, but don't know, which Daz model is better for that anime style? 

I recommened Futepen's Sera

for this one I will give it a shot and show you on Saturday, cuz i work during the week.

• Oh if you want a Daz Figure, then try Aiko 3 kioki for it.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

I just used the %50 off anything on Kioki, gonna give it a try tomorrow!  Stacking discounts, cost me like $3  laugh

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Just posted this FF7 Tifa Lockhart fanart to the Daz gallery. Full credits of the resources used can be found there.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/774246/

Nice render!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited April 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

I just used the %50 off anything on Kioki, gonna give it a try tomorrow!  Stacking discounts, cost me like $3  laugh

I should have done that. I've been wanting Kioki for some time but keep missing it when it's on sale. And the budget is really tight right now so I can't buy it straight out without a deep discount since it's not for work but for fun. I needed a background item for one of my promos so I had to spend the 50% off code on that instead. I love being a PA (with house payments now) but I miss the days when I was buying stuff for funzies instead of mostly just stuff I need for my work. lol

I'm looking forward to seeing your renders with Kioki! :) I'll live vicariously through you til I can grab it when it's on sale. lol

Post edited by 3Diva on
    3dcgx said:

That reminds me a bit of of the Z-toon method for Poser, from ages long gone.

3dcgx said:

Sadly, that 2D flattening technique doesn't work in Daz Studio. You just get an explody character. lol You can only do it in the starting pose, any other pose and it doesn't work and parts of the character just goes all over the place like spaghetti. lol It's super creepy.

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851
    edited April 2019

Well my tutorial offers more than just the flat technique, i show you how to make the features of anime on Kioki , such as the triangular chin some people call it patented lol and the pulled ears and eyes size and nose.

https://www.3dcgx.com/pages/view/2666/anime-3dcg-tutorial-with-daz-studios-carrara

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
    edited April 2019

I remember someone mentioning that Hiro 5 wasn't a proper entry in the Hiro line, and after standing him right next to Hitomi and seeing all the similarities, they're right. Speaking of Hitomi, I always found her face to look too young, and round, but I've managed to fix that using merchant resource morphs.

Gal.png
    296 x 1202 - 284K
    Post edited by vrba79 on
    edited April 2019
    3dcgx said:

Well my tutorial offers more than just the flat technique, i show you how to make the features of anime on Kioki , such as the triangular chin some people call it patented lol and the pulled ears and eyes size and nose.

https://www.3dcgx.com/pages/view/2666/anime-3dcg-tutorial-with-daz-studios-carrara

Ah, cool - thank you! :) That will be helpful when I'm finally able to pick up Kioki. laugh

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited April 2019

Here is a Manga Heroine made with Kioki.

it has a 90's style

edited April 2019
    baton2101 said:

Hi all!
    I need some advice.
    I wanna make Haruhi Suzumiya Great again model, but don't know, which Daz model is better for that anime style? 

Here are a quick sample render of the Haruhi Suzumiya using Futepens Sera and NearMe, these are bases I did not morph faces or anything, but you can see that Daz Software is possible.

Also I'm no fan of that character :P