Starion's WIP and test thread

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I have not forgotten about this thread.  I haven't had a chance to play with my 3D graphic programs because I've been busy studying.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178

Studies are important.  We can wait!   smiley

Dana

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Studying is definitely more important..

Reminder for me to buy more memory for my computer.  I'll post the render after I edit the Scene in daz Studio.

Daz test 1.jpg
    652 x 419 - 74K

I'm in the process of moving my Daz Runtime library to another drive.  I can't use Daz Studio until I am finished.  Maybe I'll play with Bryce after lunch.

I just lost the hard drive partition that has my Daz and Poser runtimes.  Now I need to reinstall the runtime files.  I won't be posting any renders of Daz Studio any time soon.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178

That's too bad.  I hate hardware problems!

Dana

I managed to recover one partition on the third hard drive.  Now I just need to finish copying my runtime library.  Then I need to install all the prodcuts that haven't downloaded yet.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nothing worse than having to reinstall.  Especially if you have a ton of stuff.

Thanks for the comments.  The easy part is downloading and installing the products using Daz Install Manager.  Afterwords, I need to recreate the \data\auto_adapted folder.  I don't have many products in Daz Sudio's native format.  I can't open most of my scenes unless Daz Studio creates the coresponding .dsf files of Poser files.

edited February 2019

I thought the second hard drive is okay now but diagnostic programs report more bad blocks.  I should copy my current runtime library to the C: drive before I loose it again.

edit: I misread the map of bad blocks.  I should still copy my files to the C: drive before more bad blocks appear.

Post edited by starionwolf on

The computer discovered another bad sector before I began copying files to other hard drives.  Ugg!  I'm trying to backup the disk now.

• The computer discovered another bad sector before I began copying files to other hard drives.  Ugg!  I'm trying to backup the disk now.

Yeah. I just had to reinstall my operating system. 

I don't feel like reinstalling 50+ pages of products now.  I guess I'll install the Generation 3 characters and then continue by installing the newer generation characters later. It will take me a while for my computer to install 60+ gigabytes worth of content.  Then I will need t create most of my scene files because the data folder became corrupted.  Thanks for watching this thread though.

reminder for me to check the temperature of the CPU when I render something using Bryce 3D.  I should play around with glass and water textures too.

Nevermind the temperature of the CPU: I need to lower the temperatuer of the video card processor.  Temperature reaches 145 degrees F after running a game for 15 minutes.

video card temperature.jpg
    585 x 362 - 71K

My windows 8 operating system is working correctly.  I need to reinstall Windows 8 and all my programs.  I'll be back in a week.

Windows explorer won't start. Disk diagnostics found a bad block. I need a new hard drive again.

In case anyone is wondering what the status of me reinstalling Windows and my programs is:

Windows update.jpg
    586 x 263 - 41K

i haven't posted any art for months?  Ok.. I'm going to organize my documents folder then I'll reinstall Daz Studio and Bryce 7.

Reminder for me to watch this tutorial about Bryce Basics by David Brinnen

I found my Wacom tablet!  Maybe I can learn how to draw backgrounds for my 3D scenes.

edited October 2020

Gimp doesn't connect to my tablet.  Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the tablet and then reboot the computer.

no tablet.jpg
    786 x 478 - 34K

Gimp doesn't recognize my tablet today!  It is time for me to find a new free drawing program.

edited October 2020

The tool icons in Krita are not in color.  I'm returning to Gimp for now.  The tablet works with Gimp today.

krita.jpg
    1099 x 772 - 94K

i found one old render I did.  I should work on the planetary space scenes after I reinstall my runtime library for Daz Studio.

Genesis space 01.jpg
    936 x 576 - 162K
  • Reminder for me to watch this tutorial about Bryce Basics by David Brinnen

Don't forget.  ;)

• The new processor runs hot!  I guess the heatsink is small.  I might post results benchmarks soon.

CPU temperature.jpg
    332 x 374 - 65K
  • last post about my new CPU for a while.  Thermal throttling trips at around 80 degrees C or 175 degrees F.

cpu temps 1.jpg
    505 x 331 - 80K

I learned that Intel Integraded graphics has OpenCL capability.

luxmark.jpg
    1026 x 800 - 382K