Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

You always do such amazing postwork @iceDragonArt!1

Thank you Sapphire!  I will admit that its my favorite part.

• I just wanted to let everyone know I will be doing another live webinar on Sept 15th with Digital Art Live.  I don't have any links yet but will update when I do.  This one will be a little bit different., I'm going to run through how I set things up in Daz and then we are going to do a couple of interactive images in photoshop.  So, the people in the webinar will be making the decisions on the postwork as I go through each part.  It should give a more comprehensive insight into how my mind works when I do the postwork as I will be asking them the questions I ask myself when doing an image.

• I just wanted to let everyone know I will be doing another live webinar on Sept 15th with Digital Art Live.  I don't have any links yet but will update when I do.  This one will be a little bit different., I'm going to run through how I set things up in Daz and then we are going to do a couple of interactive images in photoshop.  So, the people in the webinar will be making the decisions on the postwork as I go through each part.  It should give a more comprehensive insight into how my mind works when I do the postwork as I will be asking them the questions I ask myself when doing an image.

I think that is a great idea Sonja! 

I would love to join that webinar if I have time!

• The Nova render is exceptional, but I also love that you are rendering sci fi too now - Elysia!

• RurisRuris Posts: 123

Nice blending with the bokeh and smoke. I could never figure out how much smoke to apply...

• Ruris said:

Nice blending with the bokeh and smoke. I could never figure out how much smoke to apply...

I just play with it until I'm happy.  I use the modes a lot when working in photoshop, as well as playing with the transparency.

@Worlds_Edge thank you!

• RurisRuris Posts: 123

Have you seen anything similar to a tutorial using tools like Ron's brush? Tried searching it in youtube but nothing close.

• Ruris said:

Have you seen anything similar to a tutorial using tools like Ron's brush? Tried searching it in youtube but nothing close.

I have not that I can think of.  But what I do is put a mixture of different shapes and sizes for smoke, clouds whatever (clouds make great smoke) and then I play with the modes and the opacity and I also then will go the eraser at about 20% - 50% with the same brushes and start randomly erasing some of it.  I go back and forth til I'm happy with it.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2019
    Ruris said:

I have not that I can think of.  But what I do is put a mixture of different shapes and sizes for smoke, clouds whatever (clouds make great smoke) and then I play with the modes and the opacity and I also then will go the eraser at about 20% - 50% with the same brushes and start randomly erasing some of it.  I go back and forth til I'm happy with it.

Do you put all those shapes and sizes on one layer, or several? (I know you're not putting them directly on the main image layer…!) I'm thinking you use one layer per, that would be more flexible with blend modes and such. Am I right?

I've played a bit with these things, but so far, I'm not all that good with post work. I'm still in awe of what you can do with a render!

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'Adair said:
    Ruris said:

Do you put all those shapes and sizes on one layer, or several? (I know you're not putting them directly on the main image layer…!) I'm thinking you use one layer per, that would be more flexible with blend modes and such. Am I right?

I've played a bit with these things, but so far, I'm not all that good with post work. I'm still in awe of what you can do with a render!

Yes, a different layer, not necessarily for each brush but for say the darker bits, the lighter bits and the medium bits.  So usually 3 maybe 4 layers max.  You can also bring in cloud images or smoke or fog images and play with modes and transperency as well.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    Ruris said:

But what I do is put a mixture of different shapes and sizes for smoke, clouds whatever (clouds make great smoke) and then I play with the modes and the opacity and I also then will go the eraser at about 20% - 50% with the same brushes and start randomly erasing some of it.  I go back and forth til I'm happy with it.

Smoke often makes for fun clouds, too :D

edited September 2019

Caroline by Marcius -  Lovely girl!

Caroline Marcius 3D.jpg
    738 x 960 - 225K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,819

Oooohhhhhh... I see Liv Tyler!

• OMG She is a stunning beauty @IceDragonArt!!

•  

Hylas said:

Oooohhhhhh... I see Liv Tyler!

I do too!

OMG She is a stunning beauty @IceDragonArt!!

Thank you!

edited September 2019
    ARIANI MARCIUS.jpg
    921 x 1552 - 437K
    ARIANI MARCIUS.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

She's got such a perfectly heart-shaped face, and I love the whole antique setting with all the red. heart The cool bird (hawk?) is a neat touch!

TigerAnne said:

She's got such a perfectly heart-shaped face, and I love the whole antique setting with all the red. heart The cool bird (hawk?) is a neat touch!

Thank you!

My apologies to everyone, I've had some major curve balls thrown at me recently and am currently just trying to stay afloat!  Hopefully things will work out soon and I will have a bit more spare time.

edited October 2019
    Edwardian Hair.jpg
    812 x 960 - 159K
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@IceDragonArt - I was just going through your thread trying to catch up a bit, when I happened upon the information you shared last year regarding your postwork process. I was thinking to myself that you should definitely be doing tutorials or something. Now I see you're doing DAL/webinars, and this makes me very happy. You've always shared instructive bits of good advice, and I think it's good that you get a return on your skill and hard work. I love the work you do, and it's good to see you're still at it. 

Wanderer said:

@IceDragonArt - I was just going through your thread trying to catch up a bit, when I happened upon the information you shared last year regarding your postwork process. I was thinking to myself that you should definitely be doing tutorials or something. Now I see you're doing DAL/webinars, and this makes me very happy. You've always shared instructive bits of good advice, and I think it's good that you get a return on your skill and hard work. I love the work you do, and it's good to see you're still at it. 

Thank you very much!  I really appreciate your kind words. 

edited November 2019

My muse has been kind of hit or miss the last several weeks.  I think she may be back though.  Pretty happy with how this one turned out.

Personal art

Mod edit  :- Removed due to nudity

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Hi Sonja, hope life is treating you well.  I've took a long needed break from DS, actually I have a passion for Photoshop now, Lol !!  Stopping in to say hi, will catch up on DS forums, take it easy friend......

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

My muse has been kind of hit or miss the last several weeks.  I think she may be back though.  Pretty happy with how this one turned out.

Personal art

A shame the image was removed, but I think you expected that. Anyway, it is an amazing and beautiful image. I hope others will look for and find it on your "Deviant Art Page."

L'Adair said:

Personal art

A shame the image was removed, but I think you expected that. Anyway, it is an amazing and beautiful image. I hope others will look for and find it on your "Deviant Art Page."

Thank you!  Yes, I figured it would be removed.  I'm okay with that lol.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Saw it before it was joinked. Too bad there's nude and nude and it's hard for some to tell the difference. I understand the rule, don't get me wrong, but yeah.. It's a good image.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited December 2019

Merry Christmas Sonja! I know a long time again. You know life is crazy at times or most of the time. I am hoping this coming year things sort of mellow out a bit for me. I love your art work as usual. I see you have ventured into soap making? I did that years ago myself. I just did not have enough time and space. One day again maybe. :) Did you ever get that utube up and going I read about? I would sub and watch though certain times of the year I am terrible. Utube another time consuming thing. Ask how I know. lol

I hope you are doing well. :)

P.S. I did finally get your tutorial the first one. Now to get busy and go through it this winter. Hoping the snow stays at a minium. We have enough moisture going into winter any more and I know we will have floods come spring.

Post edited by Liana on
    mori_mann said:

Saw it before it was joinked. Too bad there's nude and nude and it's hard for some to tell the difference. I understand the rule, don't get me wrong, but yeah.. It's a good image.

Thank you!

Liana said:

Merry Christmas Sonja! I know a long time again. You know life is crazy at times or most of the time. I am hoping this coming year things sort of mellow out a bit for me. I love your art work as usual. I see you have ventured into soap making? I did that years ago myself. I just did not have enough time and space. One day again maybe. :) Did you ever get that utube up and going I read about? I would sub and watch though certain times of the year I am terrible. Utube another time consuming thing. Ask how I know. lol

I hope you are doing well. :)

P.S. I did finally get your tutorial the first one. Now to get busy and go through it this winter. Hoping the snow stays at a minium. We have enough moisture going into winter any more and I know we will have floods come spring.

Thank you!  I've had some serious life changes and haven't been on for a couple of months.  Things are getting better though so hopefully I will be able to be more active again soon

edited February 2020

Gaurdian Of My Heart -  I know I've been gone awhile, and I apologize for not being around lately.  I'm in the middle of a nasty divorce, I had to move out and move in with my sister (nothing says I'm a grown up more than having to live your nephews bedroom lol.  Fortunately he is away at college at the moment).  Its been difficult and I haven't had the energy, or the motivation to render much of anything.  I've taken a sabbatical from Sympatico as well.  I'm rarely home and its just been too much.  Things are getting better though, court hearing on the 2nd of March, and hopefully that will be the final one.  Although, he has promised to make it as difficult as possible so who knows lol.  I will be moving into my own place at the beginning of April so life should settle down to my new normal very soon.  I've been feeling the urge to create again a bit so I did this piece.

84038994_10218125151575006_3926459690413719552_o.jpg
    812 x 960 - 157K
    84229990_10218125150294974_5770078018584182784_o.jpg
    812 x 960 - 88K
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Sorry to hear Sonja. I have been through that myself. Hang in there things will get better. Lovely render. *hugs*