Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Phil, I have already seen such issues. It happens with any G8 character in Carrara when scaling them (with Stephanie for example).

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited October 2017

Airfish

Airfish 1 Topaz_FtSkPencil4 FltFrgChina 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited October 2017

Phil, you can use Alina's head morph in Carrara without any «horns» and with any other body you like. As for her height, it's better to use morph dials to alter it. I've just uploaded a video how to use it.

Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited October 2017

Damn! She looks a lot like you, doesn't she? Was that intentional? Is your name really Alina?

Either way... beautiful  render - wonderful sketchy effect!

Thank you for the compliment! But there is nothing similar between our appearances. Angelina Joli was my inspiration during creation. My real name is Veronika as you can see in the fine art link in my message signature. There is also photo of mine on my site. My avatar is also a real photo of mine, it's not a render.

Post edited by Vyusur on

Bunyip, thank you!

Vyusur said:

Alina sketchy.

Nicely Done, Vyusur!  I was going to suggest that maybe you put this in the wrong thread, but Dart beat me to it.smiley

Then again, I don't know the details.  Was this a Carrara render?  And what is "sketchy?"

Thank you, UnifiedBrain! I guess, it's too simple to be an entry. Some more objects or details are required to become a complete entry (IMO). «Sketchy» means post work filtering.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited October 2017
    Vyusur said:

Phil, you can use Alina's head morph in Carrara without any «horns» and with any other body you like. As for her height, it's better to use morph dials to alter it. I've just uploaded a video how to use it.

Good tip! I sent you a link to my DS render of Alina on the other place.

Post edited by PhilW on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Bunyip02 said:

Airfish

Lovely line work bunyip, especially on the tower and fish accordion structure.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    Bunyip02 said:

Barn Girl

I really like this! Very nicely done!

Bunyip02 said:

Airfish

Love this one too!

Vyusur said:

Damn! She looks a lot like you, doesn't she? Was that intentional? Is your name really Alina?

Thank you for the compliment! But there is nothing similar between our appearances. Angelina Joli was my inspiration during creation. My real name is Veronika as you can see in the fine art link in my message signature. There is also photo of mine on my site. My avatar is also a real photo of mine, it's not a render.

Well, looking at Alina in your signature line and promo images, I agree - you two don't look alike at all. But in that sketchy render... look at that and then at your pic at your site... a LOT alike!!! 

Anyway, very nice - and I love your fine art gallery as well. Very good work!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

Alina sketchy.

Nicely Done, Vyusur!  I was going to suggest that maybe you put this in the wrong thread, but Dart beat me to it.smiley

Then again, I don't know the details.  Was this a Carrara render?  And what is "sketchy?"

Thank you, UnifiedBrain! I guess, it's too simple to be an entry. Some more objects or details are required to become a complete entry (IMO). «Sketchy» means post work filtering.

You, of course, are free to enter it or not.  And you are right, it looks very simple.  There are other words to describe it as well, including "elegant" and "compelling."  Making a render this sparse which is also compelling - as you have done - is very difficult, or at the very least uncommon.  I suspect that you might have had a bit of luck with the filter, but that is part of the deal with any creative project.

Btw - do you mind sharing the filter name?

edited October 2017

Thanks Headwax & Dart

Change of scenery, a couple of space renders.

Space 2d Topaz_FtSkWater5 FltFrgChina 1600.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
    Space 3 Topaz_FtSkPencil3 FltFrgChina 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

great @Bunyip02

Can I feel a Starship Discovery facsimile coming along? smiley

edited October 2017
    Stezza said:

great @Bunyip02

Can I feel a Starship Discovery facsimile coming along? smiley

Thanks Stezza, still looking for a decent Discovery model, but here's an Enterprise in the meantime.

Enterprise 1 Topaz FltFrgChina 1600.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
    edited October 2017

I started playing around in the modeling room with some the other week angel

StarShips.jpg
    898 x 505 - 419K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited October 2017

The StarCar  angel

StarCar.jpg
    800 x 600 - 453K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Stezza said:

The StarCar  angel

Cool !!!!!

Vyusur said:

Well, looking at Alina in your signature line and promo images, I agree - you two don't look alike at all. But in that sketchy render... look at that and then at your pic at your site... a LOT alike!!! 

Anyway, very nice - and I love your fine art gallery as well. Very good work!

Dart, thank you very much!

edited October 2017
    Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

Alina sketchy.

You, of course, are free to enter it or not.  And you are right, it looks very simple.  There are other words to describe it as well, including "elegant" and "compelling."  Making a render this sparse which is also compelling - as you have done - is very difficult, or at the very least uncommon.  I suspect that you might have had a bit of luck with the filter, but that is part of the deal with any creative project.

Btw - do you mind sharing the filter name?

UnifiedBrain, thank you for the kind words! The filter is FotoSketcher, it's free. I used Pencil Sketch from the list. Here is a couple more examples of this filter. The girl is Stephanie 8 rendered with Octane plugin, and the guy was rendered with native engine. Then the same filter was applied.

stephanie-sketch.jpg
    864 x 1200 - 1M
    FotoSketcher image.jpg
    720 x 1317 - 759K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited October 2017

wow those space scenes I am digging! Stezza what's the filter on the cartoony one?

Post edited by Headwax on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    Bunyip02 said:

Thanks Headwax & Dart

Great images- particularly love the design of this orange spaceship!

edited October 2017
    PhilW said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Thanks Headwax & Dart

Great images- particularly love the design of this orange spaceship!

Thanks Phil - ship by rj001 - Richard D Jeferies, was available at Rendo.

Space Jockey

Space Jockey 1b Topaz_FtSkWater5 FltFrgChina 1600.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
    Bunyip02 said:
    PhilW said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Space Jockey

Lovely illustration with watercolor lightness.

Vyusur said:

UnifiedBrain, thank you for the kind words! The filter is FotoSketcher, it's free. I used Pencil Sketch from the list. Here is a couple more examples of this filter. The girl is Stephanie 8 rendered with Octane plugin, and the guy was rendered with native engine. Then the same filter was applied.

Thanks for explaining.  I have used Fotosketcher a bunch, but I would have never guessed it in this case.  I think that the results in Fotosketcher can vary quite a bit depending on the content.  For example, while I like your last two renders using the filter, the earlier (first) render you did was somehow just magical.

head wax said:

wow those space scenes I am digging! Stezza what's the filter on the cartoony one?

Same question. smiley

Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    PhilW said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Space Jockey

Lovely illustration with watercolor lightness.

+1 yes

Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

Alina sketchy.

You, of course, are free to enter it or not.  And you are right, it looks very simple.  There are other words to describe it as well, including "elegant" and "compelling." 

...and "Sexy!"

Bunyip02 and Stezza, wow... I love the space scenes!

Vyusur, those filtered renders look really wonderful!

Also in a hope to help answer some of Unified Brain's questions:

In my (very few) render-to-traditional art experiments, it became apparent that the initial render has everything to do with how well we can implement our transitions. Of course, further edits of the initial render are another way to get the image closer to the targeted look before applying the artistic filters.

When we see the really good NPR images, more of the mastery comes from the artist using the software than the software used.

My singer's daughter is getting married next summer (my how time flies!!!) to a wonderful artist. In prodding him about certain things, it became immediately evident that attending a good Art School can make a Huge difference! Learning things like Composition, correctly using colors (did you know that it's best to avoid using more than three colors?), all down to how to price our work... I'd love to go to one. But if that's out of the question, books and online study should help as well.

This discussion has been closed.