4.9 crashes randomly

Comments

• PastelsPastels Posts: 529

Have those of you who are getting the crashes opted in to the DAZ Studio Improvement Program? It is looking as if that may be involved - if you are getting crashes start DS, choose Work Offline, go to Preferences and try unchecking Participate in the DAZ Studio Improvement Program if it's checked. The programme is useful, and does shape how DS is developed, and we hope that if that does fix the issue for now you will opt-in again once there's a fix for the underlying problem.

That worked for me! Thanks Richard!

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,081

Have those of you who are getting the crashes opted in to the DAZ Studio Improvement Program? It is looking as if that may be involved - if you are getting crashes start DS, choose Work Offline, go to Preferences and try unchecking Participate in the DAZ Studio Improvement Program if it's checked. The programme is useful, and does shape how DS is developed, and we hope that if that does fix the issue for now you will opt-in again once there's a fix for the underlying problem.

Where is "Preferences"?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

On Windows Edit > Preferences, on MacOSX Preferences, or press F2.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

F2 works in Windows or Macs...

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,081

Thank you.

Well, that DID fix the crash problem. It now runs slower than a possum in a gum tree but at least it is running.

• lost all my work I uninstalled the whole program and then re-installed now it keeps crashing.

• Same thing here just crashes out of the blue and when I close it it creats crash report.hope they have a fix soon.

Did you try unchecking the Daz Studio Improvement Program box in Edit > Preferences?

• agiertzagiertz Posts: 5
    edited April 2016

Hey guys, tech support just got back to me; sent me a file that fixed the problem. I'll attach it here for you to use. just unzip it to program files/daz 3d/daz studio 4/scripts. or the mac equivilent.

Attachment removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Please don't post files supplied by support unless you are given permission to do so.

• I'm also have the random crash deal got this in it.

DAZStudio.exe caused ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\LIBEAY32.dll" at 0033:00000000D8C09554, AES_cbc_encrypt()+51524 byte(s)

Have you checked your Prefereneces for the Improvement Program?  What's the exact version number (e.g. 4.9.2.67)?

• Mine started crashing yesterday and nothing has worked. Splendid. Showing error with atio6axx.dll.

• cruelsanitycruelsanity Posts: 6
    edited July 2016

Mine started crashing yesterday and nothing has worked. Splendid. Showing error with atio6axx.dll.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll" at 0033:000000006E3FC1D8, DrvPresentBuffers()+29044216 byte(s)

I did a search in my program files with system files shown and it didn't pull up, if you have a legit copy could you email it to me?

did a system search, its in /windows/system32

Post edited by cruelsanity on
  • Those would, by the look of it, be files relating to drivers for ATI/AMD GPUs.

• Found a work around by downloading and installing the 32bit version instead of the 64 bit version, (needed to uninstall the 64 bit version first) So far so good?

• Got the same problem with 4.9 public beta..crashes intermittently...never did 6 months ago.

• Not quite sure how this relates to this thread,but it's happening as well and it sucks.http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/110481/ds-freezes-up-when-changing-poses#latest

• kane809kane809 Posts: 38
    CMS settings.png
    1216 x 823 - 144K
  • I am new to DAZ but I have had it for a couple of months. I have a brand new PC and it was working fine until I had to unistall Daz to disable cloud one due being propmpted to buy more space. I wanted to have it stored on my C drive. Ever since the uninstall and reinstall my Daz program hasn't worked correctly. When I started the free Daz3D download was 4.9  I have turned in a couple of tickets. The first one I figured out myself. The other was for the same issues that others are having with 4.9. No one seems to be able to come up with a good answer or fix. I have unistalled and reinstalled about 5 times. I can not use all of my items I purchased. It gives me the error messages or says the file doesn't exist.  I have used the DIM everytime. I have let it choose where to install so this should in theory allow everything to work but it does not.

I'm frustrated and dissapointed that no one one has a good answer for this. I have even read elsewhere it isn't meant to uninstall and reinstall...really?  I wanted to learn how to work with 3D, nothing fancy,just create some characters and scenes for graphics. I can hardly use any of the products for Gen, Gen 2 & 3. That's just not right! I have already spent more money than I intended to right away. Now I can not do what I intended to do!

It seems I have to rebuild my data again! Done that as well 3 times, nothing helps. Oh and it freezes up also from time to time even though my firewall is set to accept Daz3D. It always seems to freeze when I get my character just about finished then I lose them :(

Sorry I didn't mean to write a book here, just extremely frustated. Oh and my last ticket, I told you al lto close it because I never got a response after 3-4 days of a follow up question. My guess is no one knows how to fix this issue with the 4.9 version.

• RevyRevy Posts: 3

I know this sounds completely insane, however, it is true.  I just got a new computer running Windows 10 64 Professional.  After installing Daz Studio 4.9 Win 64 and starting it up, it went directly to my second display.  When I clicked it, the application stopped responding and I had to close it with task manager.  I spent hours trying all the usual suspects, reinstall, clean install, install in different directory, manual install, run as admistrator, run without Anti Virus, turning off all non essential services, every single suggestion from the forum.  Safe Boot, work online, work offline... you get the point. The Windows events showed a single error, The Application Stopped responding, the Daz logs indicated a normal start up.

Finally in desperation, I swapped  my primary and secondary monitors in Windows 10 displays.  And believe it or not Daz Studio started working.l  I was able to minimize and move it to the what was the primary monitor and then swap displays back to the original config and use Daz Studio normally.   Really this makes no sense to me, but if your having trouble with dual displays on Windows 10 it is worth a shot.

• 14th of october, 2016... Crashes still happen even with the libeay32.dll file changed to libeay.bak in x86... And renaming the other one just makes it fail to start up, saying that the file is missing entirely from the computer. Also, I'm using the 64 bit version on a 64 bit OS.

• 14th of october, 2016... Crashes still happen even with the libeay32.dll file changed to libeay.bak in x86... And renaming the other one just makes it fail to start up, saying that the file is missing entirely from the computer. Also, I'm using the 64 bit version on a 64 bit OS.

Exactly which version of DS - Help>About DAZ Studio?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

14th of october, 2016... Crashes still happen even with the libeay32.dll file changed to libeay.bak in x86... And renaming the other one just makes it fail to start up, saying that the file is missing entirely from the computer. Also, I'm using the 64 bit version on a 64 bit OS.

Most of the time libeay32.dll problems are NOT related to the application using it.  Rather they are OS or security software related. 

So, back to Richard's question and a couple more requests...

What version of Windows  AND what security software?

• MJMJ Posts: 0

Yep crashes when I use iray very unstable in general. tip: Turn off online functions: Use 3delight for now.

Developers please fix this buggy mess I love your program but make fixing your rendererer a higher priority than buggy online functions.

• Mine crashes without no warning when trying to put the stormcoast outfit on the female. No warning, about 80 - 83% then crash. Win 10 32bit.
  • Mine crashes when I reach 2gb of RAM useage..too bad I have 16 and a $gb video card

• Mine crashes when I reach 2gb of RAM useage..too bad I have 16 and a $gb video card

You are using the 64 bit version of DS?

• I am just starting using DAZ 3D, and DAZ studio keep freezing and crashing on me.

My system is MacPro 5.1 OSX Yosemite 3Ghz 6 core processor, 32Gb RAM and NVidia GeForce GTX680 with 4Gb VRAM so everything should run ok, but it keeps freezing.

Are there any settings that I should look into. I'm pretty new at this.

Thank you!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,225
    edited May 2017

I am just starting using DAZ 3D, and DAZ studio keep freezing and crashing on me.

My system is MacPro 5.1 OSX Yosemite 3Ghz 6 core processor, 32Gb RAM and NVidia GeForce GTX680 with 4Gb VRAM so everything should run ok, but it keeps freezing.

Are there any settings that I should look into. I'm pretty new at this.

Thank you!

You're running an older OS version with Yosemite, so I have no idea if there is a problem with that or not.  YOur other specs should be fine.  I'm on a MacBook Pro (late 2016) running 10.12.4 and using Studio 4.9/64 bit with no trouble.

Are your graphic drivers up to date?

Post edited by Cris Palomino on