BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE 20 ~~TREES~~

Comments

• @ Fish Tales:
    A very nice start for this challenge.

Both pictures are successful, but the second image has become a beautiful rendering. Compliment.

And here comes my first picture:
    Last Tree of Lothlorien

Deep in the Mountains in the West, far away from all Mankind, is hidden the last Tree of Lothlorien. Its Roots go down to the Heart of the World and its Leaves breathe pure Magic. Protected by the last Elven and Unicorns, so the Magic this World never leaves.

Awesome render!  However that should have been the White Tree of Gondor not the tree of Lothlorien which was in the Shire when Samwise and Frodo planted it afterwards.  ;)  Sorry major Tolkien geek here!

• Wow, incredible work of everyone here!

@ Greymouser69: It is not the tree of Gondor. This comes from a time when almost all elven already gone west were ... lol

My last image:

The next step on the moon

Next Step on Moon.jpg
    975 x 731 - 692K
  • Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited March 2016

Second entry: Pitstop.

Thank you for the comments so far.

Looking at all the very good entries, this is going to be a tough challenge. laugh

pitstop.jpg
    1754 x 915 - 268K
    Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Rembrandt said:

Second entry: Pitstop.

Thank you for the comments so far.

Looking at all the very good entries, this is going to be a tough challenge. laugh

Can I be a pain and ask you to add an attachment to your posts with images,  as I make the judging thread up from the attachment thumbnails.   Thanks.  once added as attachment they are held on Daz servers.

• Chohole said:

Can I be a pain and ask you to add an attachment to your posts with images,  as I make the judging thread up from the attachment thumbnails.   Thanks.  once added as attachment they are held on Daz servers.

By all means. I hope I have done it correctly now.

Rembrandt said:
    Chohole said:

By all means. I hope I have done it correctly now.

Yes, that's great,  thank you so much.   It is surprising how much time it saves using the attachment thumbnails.  I can copy the image link and paste it in a document, next to the image name each time without having to actually open posts.  I then order the list I have generated by alphabetical order from Image title, and I get a nice anononymous judging thread.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296
    edited March 2016

adbc - Trees of the Desert looks really great.

Linwelly - thank you. The yew tree is nicely embraced by the surrounding mountain. Well done.

Drachenlords - great sci-fi scene with the newly planted tree. Beautiful concept.

Rembrandt - Pitstop looks great, cool idea.

Here is my last entry. Just five Bryce trees, a terrain and the ground plane; all lit by positive and negative specular.

Title: Oneiric Spot

Oneiric

OneiricSpot.jpg
    1600 x 1030 - 617K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

@Horo : thanks.

Outstanding entries everyone, quite a tough challenge.

• vosvos Posts: 337

Trees is all forms and colours I see here,great entries everyone.

My  first one  The trees portal guard.

The trees portal guard.jpg
    900 x 675 - 337K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,802

@S Ray: Highly original and very well done. A real contender!

@Horo: Great, another wonderful abstract!

@adbc: looks very good. Wonderful sky too.

@Linwelly: No need to be shy with this render. It really looks good. I actually like the half circle, because it makes the one tree more special, like they all keep a respectful distance. You can use two methods to make the landscape filled with plants. First of all, you should make an instance of the plants you want to use. Instances are not copies, but just a kind of placeholders that look exactly like the original, but do not provide as much kb to your scene. There are several methods to use instances, one more crash-prone than the other. There are tutorials for these methods. If you search for them, you will find them. The 'manual' method gives you more control and does not lead to so many crashes as the built-in instancing method. But that can be used too, if you are careful.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited March 2016

Third entry: The quite amazing 1-2-tree

Yes, I know... it's a silly little joke.cool

12tree.jpg
    1754 x 915 - 817K
    Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    Rembrandt said:

Very well done.

Not silly really if it is an Irish tree wink

edited March 2016
    Fishtales said:
    Rembrandt said:

Very well done.

Not silly really if it is an Irish tree wink

As long as you watch out for them Tree fellers (Patrick, Seamus and Murphy or any other combo of oirish fellers)

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited March 2016

@Rembrandtlaugh love it!

Here's my first attempt. Not as original as some, but I like it.

Most trees are made in NgPlant (actually, only three). Used instancing and manual placement to put them and rotate them. There is one tree from X-frog (no, you do not get three guesses). The crocusses are also from X-frog. Light via IBL from the sky and the Bryce sun.

Name: Just one strange tree.

strange growth.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited March 2016

Transplant

Transplant01.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 68K

vos - great idea, like it.

Hansmar - thank you. Strange tree looks cool.

Rembrandt - hehe, one two tree, very nice.

S Ray - Transplane looks great.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,189
    edited March 2016

Awesome, outstanding and very inspiring entries by everyone.  yessmiley

My first entry – a simple one with a simple title

Trees

trees1.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 92K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited March 2016

@mermaid010: Very colourful and happy looking render.

My second entry, though maybe just a WIP, because I am not fully happy with the texture on the blue parts. should be a bit less glassy. However, rendering this, with quite some parts being partly transparent and partly reflective and with Bryce sun, IBL and three further lights to get the tree the way I wanted it, already took more than 3 days on my new laptop. However, I will play with textures and see whether I can make the whole scene more dreamlike.Yes, you may recognise my inspiration, which was with Avatar.

The tree was made in NgPlant. I did have some trouble getting it to a size that was not too big too export. The seeds I made in Hexagon. There are three terrains, because the background terrain is a set of two stacked terrains. The few bushes and the set of trees on the background terrain are 2D planes from a preset in Bryce.

Title: Mother tree.

mother tree.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited March 2016

Thanks Hansmar. Your image is interesting, an unusual idea.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Mermaid - very colourful and friendly looking place.

Hansmar - cool, very special indeed, great work.

@Mermaid and Horo: Thank you. The idea is not so special (I have seen the movie Avatar, which gave me the idea). Presently a new version is brewing, which I will put up in a couple of days (computer also doing other tasks at the same time). The new version does not have the blue, but a white texture and this probably makes it a little less 'hard' looking. I will have to compare carefully and ask the forum member for their view as well.

edited March 2016

Oops, saved the same comment twice. And I still do not see an option to delete a superfluous comment! Could someone tell me whether suh an option exist and if so, where to find it? And otherwise ask DAZ to create an option to delete your own comments? Chohole, perhaps?

Not going to happen.   Even if we move things we do not delete them, we simply hide them out of sight.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited March 2016

Such beautiful and imaginative entries by every one.  

My first entry

The wishing tree floating forest.

wishing trees.jpg
    1000 x 499 - 44K
    Post edited by vivien on

vivien - lovely scene, I also like the idea of a floating forest.

Chohole said:

Not going to happen.   Even if we move things we do not delete them, we simply hide them out of sight.

OK, just means I have to live with my mistakes blush

@vivien: Talking about 'imaginative'! Yours is right up to any standard as far as imagination goes. And, it is also a great render.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited March 2016

first entry #Trees

Trees.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 781K

Horo - Thanks

Vivien - beautiful render love the colors

Tim - awesome render

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@fishtales... Libertree is very cool... love it   Planet tree very soothing image... much like Japanese plate design
    @drachenlords... Last Tre of Lothlorien...  a beautiful render...  Hanging Tree... a really great image... terrific mood.. The Next Step on the Moon  very cool
    @Sray...  Seasons...  very nice... Captured on Film... a very fun concept and image...  Transplant is very cool...  I hope it takes root..
    @horo... Bouquet of Trees... Fun idea...  Garish Tree  is quite that... ready for Carnival...Oneiric Spot... Very odd and interesting
    @vangogh... Trees  nice image... great perspective
    @rembrandt...  Helliconia Spring.. a very interesting render... Pitstop.. FUN  The Quite Amazing 1-2-Tree...  Fun... I enjoy the joke
    @davesavage...  a fun interesting image...
    @adbc... Trees of the Desert... very cool
    @linwelly...  The Yew Tree..  very nice
    @vos...  The Trees Portal Guard... Great image...
    @hansmar... Just one Strange Tree...  It is strange, compared to all the others around it...  Mother Tree... I recognized your inpiration immediately
    @mermaid... Trees... Pretty!
    @vivien... The Wishing Tree Floating Forest...  is very cool... interesting concept
    @tim82... Trees... Very nice image... great depth
    Great stuff from everybody

@Tim82: How said you could enter photographs? wink Very realistic render. Maybe a tad on the dark side (the right half), but extremely believable.

@mtnmen: Thanks. Glad you recognised the inspiration. (Would be very bad if someone that had seen the movie would not recognise it, wouldn't it?)