There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 716

And the word of the day is: FINALLY!!!!!

• mdingmding Posts: 1,205

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

mding said:

tsroemi said:

So it's really literally the same offers today, huh? Weird tactic, but well, okay ... Off to play I go laugh

Not exactly,  the PAs or at least what they put on sale does vary. Today I was glad to find several items, which weren't on sale yesterday.

Yes and thank you, I just came back to report the same thing after checking my wishlist and seeing that much more was on sale than yesterday. That's a nice thing! So guys, it might be worth to check back wirh your WL today.

Not a good idea... 
    112 items for $111.76 at 95% off (with 8 tokens) after just 4 pages at 120 items per page

Need to start trimming down

Lightning Deals are showing 93-96% off, instead of the previous 80% off

Honestly @PerttiA, you're a genius, lol!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,153

kyoto kid said:

..I don't bother with the phone app .Too small a screen and thus too much scrolling around.

I agree about scrolling through product lists. My screen is large enough for the LDs 

SilverGirl said:

Finally it's over? Finally some good deals? Both or none? laugh

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

theflarf said:

Considering I don't like G9, especially this Wagner stuff, it's not a great selection to be 'stuck' with for a few days as the still new things

@theflarf, all of the new releases from the sale are "Still New" for the weekend. Look for the "Shop over 390 items" button before and after the Still New section.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

I am looking at one of my WL items at 79% off with just whatever generic discount is being applied. My tokens expired yesterday but I only  had 2 anyway. Even at 79% it doesn't seem like enough discount. 50% isn't enough for sure, but at rendo 50% seems like a pretty good deal. Interesting how price changes perception. 

edited June 30

daveso said:

I am looking at one of my WL items at 79% off with just whatever generic discount is being applied. My tokens expired yesterday but I only  had 2 anyway. Even at 79% it doesn't seem like enough discount. 50% isn't enough for sure, but at rendo 50% seems like a pretty good deal. Interesting how price changes perception. 

Sure because it's natural to pay $7 or $8 for a decade old v4 outfit or $9+ for a bare g8 figure. Rendo is not a great deal! It's sort of a boutique with boutique pricing. It only looks good compared to a couple other stores whose names begin with render . Also, lt's not forget their prime is up to $55 and they don't give give any reward points for purchases unless you have Prime. Stingy, stingy, stingy! And Rpub, the company store, is about the stingiest - Not like DO at all. It wasn't always that way!

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • As noted by others before me, at least there's enough wishlist items at a good deal today to make a cart. I was about to sit out the whole weekend when I happened to check after Daz-midnight and found that. (And yes, I was building a cart at Rendo, given the sale there and lack of new things here. I will pick up that stuff anyway - some old horse items and a bunch of pose sets.)

edited June 30

paulawp (marahzen) said:

As noted by others before me, at least there's enough wishlist items at a good deal today to make a cart. I was about to sit out the whole weekend when I happened to check after Daz-midnight and found that. (And yes, I was building a cart at Rendo, given the sale there and lack of new things here. I will pick up that stuff anyway - some old horse items and a bunch of pose sets.)

I have a couple outfits in my cart there. They're a bargain compared to same items at 'rotica. End of the day, I like the outfits.

My best offer here came from LD this morning, but it wasn't anything that was even on my WL. Screaming good deal, 2(!) Pro bundles for $5.60 each with buy-in; but not bundles I wanted. Still, LDs! Good stuff there.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

SilverGirl said:

Finally it's over? Finally some good deals? Both or none? laugh

For me: finally good deals. A bunch of stuff went on sale that hadn't been on sale before. Addding a cheap 'still new' turned my wishlist into a party zone! I'm witing to pull the trigger until the token cutoff so whatever I generate will still be valid on the 4th in case they (hopefully) have a good sale, but by day's end it looks like my store credit will be lighter and my hard drive will be fatter and I will finally be able to do a bunch of stuff I've had in my head but was waiting for the parts to get affordable. 

.... but also kind of 'finally it's over' because, a couple random days aside where the stars aligned and there was some content I wanted, most of this sale has just been a repetitive ball of frustration for me. And ironically, the DFAD actually kept me from buying things because it didn't stack, so I'm looking forward to that going away. What's the point of tokens if, once you have them, they won't let you use them on everything?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited June 30

SilverGirl said:

...not holding my breath...yet.  wink

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634

kyoto kid said:

SilverGirl said:

Agreed. It may or may  not be the last day of the DAZ+ sale. 

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

SilverGirl said:

Agreed. It may or may  not be the last day of the DAZ+ sale. 

True dat. But I'm still excited that the stuff on my wishlist that's stubbornlly refused to be on a decent sale all month has changed its mind and decided to hop into my cart at a lovely discount. So I'll "finally!!" to some good prices for myself.

SilverGirl said:

For me: finally good deals. A bunch of stuff went on sale that hadn't been on sale before. Addding a cheap 'still new' turned my wishlist into a party zone! I'm witing to pull the trigger until the token cutoff so whatever I generate will still be valid on the 4th in case they (hopefully) have a good sale, but by day's end it looks like my store credit will be lighter and my hard drive will be fatter and I will finally be able to do a bunch of stuff I've had in my head but was waiting for the parts to get affordable. 

.... but also kind of 'finally it's over' because, a couple random days aside where the stars aligned and there was some content I wanted, most of this sale has just been a repetitive ball of frustration for me. And ironically, the DFAD actually kept me from buying things because it didn't stack, so I'm looking forward to that going away. What's the point of tokens if, once you have them, they won't let you use them on everything?

That's outstanding! I understand, too. I guess for me, it's over. I got some of what I wanted already, enough to call the sale a success (not like MM, though). It would take something extraordinary to pull me back in.

• SempieSempie Posts: 658
    edited June 30

Check out is not working for me. Can't leave my cart to pay. The "Proceed to billing info" button is unresponsive.  Still worked earlier today.

Post edited by Sempie on

Sempie said:

Check out is not working for me. Can't leave my cart to pay. The "Proceed to billing" button is unresponsive.  Still worked earlier today.

Might want to mention that in the reporting thread... 

Sempie said:

Check out is not working for me. Can't leave my cart to pay. The "Proceed to billing info" button is unresponsive.  Still worked earlier today.

Worked just fine for me a moment ago - Firefox, using store credit.

To those thinking the sale would be extended... called it!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...did I call it or what?  

Daz+ sale extended.png
    1630 x 774 - 1M
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

Saving more money

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 117

Where's the sale, Lebowski? It's still the same cover page as yesterday, not even "extended"

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

And it goes on... for all those who have enough time to search the whole shop for bargains. Well, have fun. If there was a GC sale, maybe I would take a look. But since that doesn't exist, I'm just happy about all the money saved.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

caravelle said:

And it goes on... for all those who have enough time to search the whole shop for bargains. Well, have fun. If there was a GC sale, maybe I would take a look. But since that doesn't exist, I'm just happy about all the money saved.

Most of the shop being on sale, makes it easier to find bargains as one can use the main page for filtering - It has the option to filter by categories that the other pages do not.

If one is a Daz+ member, one always gets the best discounts with Daz Originals and Daz+ items, then one can filter by character, or use the categories to filter for "Environments" or "Animals", etc...
    Sorting by "Price Low-High" shows the cheapest items with biggest base discounts at the top of the listing - Depending on what one has in the cart, the final discount can even be better.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    I'm not seeing much of note other than the usual DOs, at usual or a bit worse than usual discounts. Most older PA items from my wishlist cost more now than during other recent sales.

Still, I might have carted a few things from the expanded selection if Daz had the sense to run the full sale all weekend. But my tokens expired Saturday, and these prices don't motivate me to make a purchase, even for double tokens today, since Daz is putting editorial content in character bundles now. The bundles are what made tokens worthwhile for me, and without that, I have little reason to go ahead and cart the low-priority items in my wishlist, since the prices are just so-so.
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 326

Well at least all this made Lightning Deals cheaper. Luck may vary but getting some "nice-to-haves" in $1 to $2, every now and then. Makes me miss the Grab Bags deal when they were below $4.99 + buy-in.....  >_>

The arrangement of sale items seems favorable. Could get a few things off the wishlist smiley

edited July 1

i wish this sale would get over already. 4 days with 0 incentives isn;t selling me on anything. The "sale" ended at least 4 days ago. Or, what am I missing?

Post edited by daveso on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Torquinox said:

The arrangement of sale items seems favorable. Could get a few things off the wishlist smiley

Yes, not a bad ending.
    Yesterday, I picked up 69 items for $60 at 95% off smiley

One cheap, still new Daz+ item in the cart gives extra 30% for the "Featured Artist Stores" => One gets DO items at 83-93% off even without tokens

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,312

I knocked my wishlist back down to 12 items yesterday. The sale itself has been underwhelming and I didn't buy a lot over the month in general, but yesterday's artist sale did provide a solid opportunity to get some things I really did want at attractive prices.

edited July 1

PerttiA said:

Torquinox said:

Yes, not a bad ending.
    Yesterday, I picked up 69 items for $60 at 95% off smiley

One cheap, still new Daz+ item in the cart gives extra 30% for the "Featured Artist Stores" => One gets DO items at 83-93% off even without tokens

except i cant find anything i want or need ... without wading through 100 pages and I'm pretty much done with that. Most of the stuff I have on my WL is either not discounted or comes in under 80%. I have a couple of DAZ+ items in WL and they do not discount more than their regular discount. Today though we have new DAZ+ coupons, so that can be used.  I have an item in LD that goes in the cart at 13CENTS --- but I have no use for it. A texture pack for an outfit for G8F Its 99% off

Post edited by daveso on