The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread

Comments

• Non-Complaint:   I just got a refund check for $80 from my local eye doctor.surprise  Don't know why, but it looks legit and they spelled my name right, so I'm gonna deposit it.  Wheee... free money.yes 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,100

Everybody hates me! Nobody likes me!  So I am going to eat big fat gummy worms.

edited September 13

I think I'm at a movie theater.

everybody hates me and no one likes me , so I'm going to eat big fat gummy worms!

Post edited by Sfariah D on

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

I think Michelangelo's David has well sculpted abs!

As hard as marble. smiley

I haven't seen the original, but I have seen one of the full size bronze copies.  The one at the Ringling Museum in Sarasota, Florida(below).  And searching Wikipedia, I discovered that there are several in the USA.  And even one just 60-70 miles away, in Buffalo.  Who knew?surprise 

I might have seen the original if it is Italy and the part of Italy I visited over 2 decades ago!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,167

Sfariah D said:

everybody hates me and no one likes me , so I'm going to eat big fat gummy worms!

I haven't seen anyone say they hate you!  And I'm sure it's not true.  If someone does, who needs them anyway! 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,722

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-Complaint:   I just got a refund check for $80 from my local eye doctor.surprise  Don't know why, but it looks legit and they spelled my name right, so I'm gonna deposit it.  Wheee... free money.yes 

My guess is there is something the doctor thought was not covered by insurance, but it turns out it was. I once paid $500 USD for a root canal and received a check in the mail for the entire amount, from the endodontist. I don't think it was an insurance situation though. I suspect he did the root canal on the wrong tooth or something like that.

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

I haven't seen anyone say they hate you!  And I'm sure it's not true.  If someone does, who needs them anyway! 

It is a joke to be honest.  I got some big fat gummy worms and was reminded of this song

Sfariah D said:

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

It is a joke to be honest.  I got some big fat gummy worms and was reminded of this song

Oh, never heard it.  Glad. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited September 14

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-Complaint:   I just got a refund check for $80 from my local eye doctor.surprise  Don't know why, but it looks legit and they spelled my name right, so I'm gonna deposit it.  Wheee... free money.

They probably underestimated how much your insurance would cover.

You know, like NylonGirl said. blush

Post edited by TJohn on

Eating live worms makes me think of Gagh.

IMG_3171.jpeg
    3000 x 4000 - 755K
  • DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

[snip...]

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

[snip...]

Oh, never heard it.  Glad. 

"There's no record of a single songwriter or specific date it came about. Here's what we do know: Folklore: It seems to be a piece of children's folklore that's been passed down orally through generations. There are references to it existing as early as the 1860s.

https://blog.rarenewspapers.com/snapshot-slavery-1817-2-2-3-2-2-2-2/

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 14

TJohn said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-Complaint:   I just got a refund check for $80 from my local eye doctor.surprise  Don't know why, but it looks legit and they spelled my name right, so I'm gonna deposit it.  Wheee... free money.

They probably underestimated how much your insurance would cover.

[snip...]

Hmmm..., first time that's ever happened to me.  Well, that's either a very rare event, or I've had a lot of dishonest doctors in the last half-century. indecision

Although, I do get a report from my insurance company describing the charges, what insurance paid ,and what I paid.  But if you've ever tried to understand insurance reports and balance all the numbers, it's like trying to put Humpty-Dumpty together again.  PIeces all over the place.angry  Sure they probably fit, but I don't have a degree in deobfuscation.frown  I pays me bill, I eats potatoes for a week, and moves on.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I like my health insurance. Though it won't pay for teeth straightening stuff.

I got a notice in snail mail that I owed money to a doctor.  I went online to try to pay it, but it said my balance was zero.  I guess I'll get another notice if I really owe it.

Yesterday was a good day but also some not great things happened.  I got about $50 in limbo due to a glitch in a gift card order.

I also fell when trying to get back into the shower.

oh my I need to get ready for work!

I was told Blender is free but why does Walmart charge 18.88 plus tax for a blender? 

IMG_3162.jpeg
    1170 x 2023 - 464K
  • Sfariah D said:

I was told Blender is free but why does Walmart charge 18.88 plus tax for a blender? 

The free version doesn't make pineapple juice. 

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

The free version doesn't make pineapple juice. 

I'm thinking of making a pumpkin smoothie with the Walmart one.

Sfariah D said:

I also fell when trying to get back into the shower.

You're going to have to get one of those ten thousand dollar bathtubs. 

• I spent two hours doing a render and saved it.

I then spent six minutes doing a sample render of something else and also saved it... with the same file name I'd just used for the 2-hour render.

/facepalm

SilverGirl said:

I spent two hours doing a render and saved it.

I then spent six minutes doing a sample render of something else and also saved it... with the same file name I'd just used for the 2-hour render.

/facepalm

Microsoft Windows has some odd thing called File History or whatever. I use it to back up files. But I think it only backs them up once per hour. So maybe it wouldn't help if the second file was saved six minutes after the first one. However, I've found it useful for my photo collages. I am some kind of nut who prints the collages and writes the date of the file on the back of the paper. So if I see something from an old collage that I'd like to put into a new one, I can just recover the version of the collage file from that date. It's quite a paradox of something being useful for something useless.

• NylonGirl said:

SilverGirl said:

/facepalm

Microsoft Windows has some odd thing called File History or whatever. I use it to back up files. But I think it only backs them up once per hour. So maybe it wouldn't help if the second file was saved six minutes after the first one. However, I've found it useful for my photo collages. I am some kind of nut who prints the collages and writes the date of the file on the back of the paper. So if I see something from an old collage that I'd like to put into a new one, I can just recover the version of the collage file from that date. It's quite a paradox of something being useful for something useless.

Btw doesn't the file overwrite warning pop up regardless of OS?

• huntermorrow3301 said:

NylonGirl said:

SilverGirl said:

/facepalm

Btw doesn't the file overwrite warning pop up regardless of OS?

Oh it does, the problem is that I'm doing sample renders of a new expression set I just got, so I can see what they look on my characters instead of the promos. I just use one save file ("00-temp render") and drop it in the .doc file under the appropriate heading, then overwrite it with the next render. So I get in a groove of ignoring the pop-up because yes, yes, I want to overwrite it, just like the last fifteen times.

The longer render was something I set to run while I was outside with my youngest for a couple hours, and then I went back to the expression trials without remembering to change the file name. Hopefully it's the sort of mistake one learns from and doesn't repeat, but that probably depends on how well caffeinated I am at the time. =P

• ...Hopefully it's the sort of mistake one learns from and doesn't repeat, ...

If you're anything like me, you won't learn. Time & time again.

I still think 'Marvin' in 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' is the only character who really understood life.

Regards,

Richard 

The power flickered here then went out for a bit.  It is back on now.

• Sfariah D said:

Are you sure you weren't just blinking?indecision 

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

Are you sure you weren't just blinking?indecision 

The music went off too so no I wasn't blinking.  Also the printer power went off and on. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 714
    edited September 17

richardandtracy said:

I still think 'Marvin' in 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' is the only character who really understood life.

Truer words.... although I also feel the bowl of petunias had a solid philosophy.

Post edited by SilverGirl on

I had to walk out a movie half way through as I was getting a migraine.  I might have taken the gore better if it wasn't for the head pounding.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 17

SilverGirl said:

richardandtracy said:

Truer words.... although I also feel the bowl of petunias had a solid philosophy.

But the whale was a bit befuddled for a moment. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on