The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...one of the very few good reasons summers here are relatively dry (save for all the wildfires), as there are few if any of those little winged vampires trying to frain your life force..

Speaking of fires, we have fortunately been experiencing more of an "onshore flow" the last several days which has kept the temperatures reasonable and smoke pretty much on the other side of the Cascades.. The bad part, it is all heading toward the central and eastern part of the country.

We are actually supposed to get a bit of wet stuff on Monday but mostly just here in the western valleys but mostly light, barely enough to wet the streets and make them nice and slick with all the oil buildup on the surface. Could be "fender bender city" tomorrow.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,100

I broke an important routine rule this morning.

If it is after 6 am, do not go back to bed after visiting the bathroom.

Well, I went back to bed after visiting the bathroom.  I didn't wake up again until after 9 am.  That is 3 extra hours of sleep. But that also means 3 hours of no productive activity other than sleep.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492

I'd love to have 3 hours of continuous sleep at the moment, whatever time of day. My Dad is approaching (according to medics) his last few days or weeks of life & it's rather getting to me.

Regards,

Richard

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,169

richardandtracy said:

I'd love to have 3 hours of continuous sleep at the moment, whatever time of day. My Dad is approaching (according to medics) his last few days or weeks of life & it's rather getting to me.

Regards,

Richard

Sorry to hear that, Richard! 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439

Richard, condolences about your father.  Take care of yourself too.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

Non-Complaint:  Yay, doctor appointment today.  Not that I'm that fond of doctor appointments, but it's an opportunity to get out of the house.  Wheee..., a mini-adventure.yes   No buses to that doctor, and no Uber service that far out.  So I had to get a friend to take me.  I took her to breakfast afterwards.  Then we drove out to a country veggie stand and got some, sweet corn that was fresh picked this morning.  Mmmm... beginning of the season, small kernels, exploding with taste and juice.   Mmmm, I love early corn.  I got 3 ears of it and already had one for lunch.heart

I went to Red Cross. I couldn't donate money so I donated blood. Heading home now.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,722

The Corn Isn't Early Enough Complaint Thread

edited July 29

That paycheck is taking forever to be released into my bank complaint thread

edit Also my macaroni and cheese is too hot to eat complaint thread.

Post edited by Sfariah D on

It's too early to try to come up with a thread name complaint thread!  wink

edited July 30

DanaTA said:

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard

Sorry to hear that, Richard! 

...+1 

DanaTA said:

...The It's Too Early To Come Up With A Complaint Thread Name Complaint Thread 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited July 30

DanaTA said:

Oh, I don't know..., perhaps it' like political ads.  Repetition over the long term, and they'll remember you at the voting booth, whether for good or ill.indecision  And besides, it's a form of brainstorming.smiley   Perhaps, triggering other suggestions in the same vein.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

It is 7:09 in Raleigh this morning.

IMG_2643.png
    1170 x 2532 - 5M

Sfariah D said:

I imagine that it was 7:09 in the next town over, too!  wink 

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

Actually anywhere is the same time zone probably has the same time. 

• Sfariah D said:

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

Actually anywhere is the same time zone probably has the same time. 

Unless you're in Indiana.

...it was 04:09 here at the same time.

edited July 31

kyoto kid said:

...it was 04:09 here at the same time.

How is that?  She's on the East coast! 

Never mind!  It was 7:09 there.

Post edited by DanaTA on

...I'm in Portland, the one on the other end of the country..

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492

I sometimes think it's 1896 here.

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Complaint; Overslept today and woke up after store change over... Looks like I'm not buying anything (with no tokens) until next tuesday.

The stinky dumpster with maggots is now without maggots and less stinky!  (Actually haven't checked stinky level this morning yet!). Yesterday I drowned the maggots with soapy bleach water!

got a keurig that won't turn of descale light.  I called Keurig but they just suggested unplugging and then plug it back in.  I told them I just used vinager and didn't know what I'm doing.  They are going to send me a new Keurig!

I was having problems printing envelopes last night.  The printer was getting confused.  The computer told the printer it was for an envelope and the printer didn't listen.  Instead it wanted a regular piece of printer paper.

edited July 31

The more complex and smarter that machines get, the more stubborn and annoying they will be.  For consistency, there's nothing more reliable than a good old piece of granite.  But it isn't very good at printing.indecision

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,722

I did a web search on Google and it told me it has detected unusual activity; and it wants me to prove I'm not a robot. Well how am I supposed to do that?

NylonGirl said:

I did a web search on Google and it told me it has detected unusual activity; and it wants me to prove I'm not a robot. Well how am I supposed to do that?

First step, is to be sure you're not.indecision 

I got the envelope to print.  Now to write the letter but I am too tired.

LeatherGryphon said:

The more complex and smarter that machines get, the more stubborn and annoying they will be.  For consistency, there's nothing more reliable than a good old piece of granite.  But it isn't very good at printing.indecision

...nor is it all that great at making a good cup of coffee (except maybe for grinding the beans).  

edited August 1

Complaint:  I spoke too soon.  Typical pattern around here is that temperatures go up during spring and early summer until the days start getting shorter.  Hottest days are often in July, then tapering off through August, and get downright cool in September, and even cold at night.  A week or so ago I was noting that the temps were going down and it looked like early fall was approaching.  But no!angry  It fooled me this year.  Already this week, two days of 82F, and today is going to be 86.  I'm able to keep my office temp down to 80F, but by the end of the day I'm exhausted, sticky and sweated out.frown  I knew today was going to be miserable when I noticed at 9:00AM that the temperature near my TV chair was already 80F.sad

Non-complaint:  My neighbors are moving out.yes  Yay, no more angry yelling coming from the other apartment.  No police SWAT team surrounding the house.  I hate being around people for whom you must be wary of triggering.  Too many fragile people these days.   I've been in this apartment for 16 years, I've seen the other apartment occupied by four other groups of tenants over the years.  About 4 years per tenancy seems to be the average.  I've kept my place very much like it was when I moved in.  Nothing broken, everything still functional(except the minor things that which were already non, or poorly functional).  The other apartment (the majority of the house) has been heavily damaged by its various tenants.  Carpets stained, then removed, woodwork abused, dogs chewing on stairway posts, rabbit cages and rabbit husbandry in the house, chickens in the play yard, animal food in the basement drawing mice, plumbing issues, deteriorating fence, unmowed lawn, junk behind the garage, etc.  I do not envy my landlord.indecision  But I fear his costs will be partially rolled onto me.no

How many legos are in about ten pounds of Lego pieces.  I ordered ten pounds of Lego pieces.  Almost home to see what I got!

edited August 1

Sfariah D said:

How many legos are in about ten pounds of Lego pieces.  I ordered ten pounds of Lego pieces.  Almost home to see what I got!

About half as many as this: https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/uww6qd/all_9036_pieces_of_the_coliseum_in_60_seconds/

Here is a picture of the inside of the bag of Lego pieces and a mostly finished car.

IMG_2691.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    IMG_2673.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M