Please ignore this thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,748
    sriesch said:

sriesch said:

"cheese mines", haha!  I'm going to have to share that with everybody I know in WI. 

Incidentally, when I fly back to visit, I ALWAYS bring cheese back.  You just can't get some cheeses out here, it must be imported from Wisconsin.

Bring cheese back FROM Wisconsin, or bring cheese TO wisconsin?

FROM Wisconsin.  Smoked string cheese is the best!

Oh, and here's a cheese miner proudly displaying an 8-oz cheese curd nugget fresh from the mine:

I want cheese curds!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    kyoto kid said:

...they also make for great snackies.

Yes they do...the squeakier the better

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You they squeakie before you eat them or are you squeakie after you eat them.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited January 2016

SayCheese.jpg
    1052 x 962 - 295K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,207
    edited January 2016

kyoto kid said:

...yeah cheese curds are cheap there.  Used to stop in Union Star in Fremont on US 10 when heading back to Milwaukee from Point to get a couple bags for the road.

Out here where I live they're bloody expensive even though we have Tillamook out on the coast

Another cheese you can only get in Wisconsin is Berr Kase which is an aromatic brick cheese. I usually bring a couple pounds in an ice pack back with me.

Around here the Amish have a couple cheese factories and cheese curd is relatively easy to find.  HOWEVER, connoisseurs of cheese curd know that there is good cheese curd and there is junk cheese curd.  Cheese curd has to squeak against your teeth when you eat it.  The type sold in grocery stores doesn't usually meet that requirement and you have to go to the Amish cheese factory to get the good fresh stuff.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Where is my boss as I need to start work in about half an hour?

Where is my boss as I need to start work in about half an hour?

There she is.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I wish I could ignore the snow that's falling outside. angry

isidorn said:

I wish I could ignore the snow that's falling outside. angry

I can as it is not snowing here.

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

Hmmmm, and I thought cheese curds were a Canadian thing or maybe even an upstate NY things which is close enough to Canada to import cheese curds.  Cheese curds are only used in poutine, aren't they?

It's a bit cheesy but maybe these will help:

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/history-of-poutine/

http://goldenagecheese.blogspot.ca/2013/12/what-is-history-of-cheese-curd.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curd

http://www.montrealpoutine.com/history.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curd

http://www.idfa.org/news-views/media-kits/cheese/history-of-cheese

• wiz said:

Dragonmen must post, when threads are in the sky!

This post wins first prize.  To the weyr!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,613

...I see those in the sky all the time, they are called contrails.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited January 2016
    lx said:
    lx said:

How do you have that many hunstmans at once o.o

I see one maybe once every few years xD

If I saw one it would end my years.

We have bigger ones that catch birds and snakes.

Florida can't compare to that, surprise but I have seen Florida spiders rear up on their hind legs and charge at you AFTER you've hit them with the business end of a broom. (*RUN*)

Oh yes it can.  I saw an alligator while jogging, our spiders are small but deadly, we have wild boars, black bears in the neigborhoods (sometimes even in town), and very pretty coral snakes.  Um, which can kill. 

And then there are the suicidal jumping, exploding armadillos, but that's just an old Florida "big fish" story.  Not true at all.  Honest!  wink

Edit:  I was jogging, the alligator was swimming.  If he was jogging, I would have started shooting!

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,613

...remind me to never consider retiring to Florida. Deadly Snakes, Spiders, and Caimans, that would give me a chronic case of the "heebie jeebies".

• McGyver said:
    McGyver said:

It's not just a superstition... each year more people die from not breathing, then from having pianos fall on them, plunging off cliffs while wearing rocket skates, being stomped on by long parades of circus elephants and using catapults as a means of transportation, combined... It may seem like an old superstition just because our grandparents used to say "Hey stupid, stop not breathing or you'll die, you idiot", and we tend to lump it together with other crazy things they would tell us, like "If you don't eat your turnips before bed, the Gowrow is gonna suck out your eyeballs while you're asleep" or "Brush your teeth or Krampus will stab you in your sleep" or the old favorite "Go to bed already or I'll smother you while you're sleeping"... These old sayings tend to make us not believe in superstitions... After all how many kids did we know that got stabbed by Krampus or de-eyeballed by a Gowrow? Maybe four or five at most?  But recent medical studies conducted by Leading University show that almost 100% of dead people are no longer breathing. So it goes to prove that not all of those crazy things grandpa used to say are superstitions and some may even be founded on real facts. Granted the not breathing and dying can appear as two separate things and therefor not seem like bad luck and one tends to be faced with a "which came first", the bad luck like the meteor that fell on that guy and made him forget to breathe, or the not breathing which started a chain of bad luck which ended in a meteor falling on the fellow... It's really hard to say, but whatever the case, dying is generally considered bad luck, as illustrated by the fact that very few people who gamble when dead, actually win, therefore adding some weight to that argument. Either way, keep breathing and your odds of your good luck leading you to winning the lottery or getting a letter from a Nigerian prince looking to share 984,000 USD $ because you are trustworthy, greatly increase.    If you are dead you can't spend you winnings, and that is bad luck... So just keep breathing and you'll eventually see how many emails you'll get with people offering you fee money... And that's all because of breathing.

I read an article just a few days ago about China importing air from the US. 

I was in a store today and there were a lot of people exporting air... But the ratio of methane to oxygen was way, way, way off... I was starting to get nervous that someone with large thighs and polyester pants was gonna cause a spark and blow us up... I think there was a sale on beans, cabbage, broccoli and expired pork, and a lot of people couldn't let that pass... Actually, they let some portion of it pass.

You should stop shopping at Walmart.  surprise

• hjake said:

Hmmmm, and I thought cheese curds were a Canadian thing or maybe even an upstate NY things which is close enough to Canada to import cheese curds.  Cheese curds are only used in poutine, aren't they?

It's a bit cheesy but maybe these will help:

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/history-of-poutine/

http://goldenagecheese.blogspot.ca/2013/12/what-is-history-of-cheese-curd.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curd

http://www.montrealpoutine.com/history.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curd

http://www.idfa.org/news-views/media-kits/cheese/history-of-cheese

Very helpful.  I've actually had poutine.  At a McDonald's.  In Quebec.  On my honeymoon.  It was pretty good.  i had never seen a cheese curd used in quite that way before.  After, well, they are sold in stores in upstate NY.  Being a southern girl who had nothing to do with cheese country, this was quite the novelty to me at the time.

lx said:
    lx said:

How do you have that many hunstmans at once o.o

I see one maybe once every few years xD

If I saw one it would end my years.

We have bigger ones that catch birds and snakes.

Florida can't compare to that, surprise but I have seen Florida spiders rear up on their hind legs and charge at you AFTER you've hit them with the business end of a broom. (*RUN*)

Oh yes it can.  I saw an alligator while jogging, our spiders are small but deadly, we have wild boars, black bears in the neigborhoods (sometimes even in town), and very pretty coral snakes.  Um, which can kill. 

And then there are the suicidal jumping, exploding armadillos, but that's just an old Florida "big fish" story.  Not true at all.  Honest!  wink

Edit:  I was jogging, the alligator was swimming.  If he was jogging, I would have started shooting!

I haven't seen an alligator while out and about, yet, but I had to stop the car the other day and wait for the four foot long iguana to cross the road.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

speaking of gators

Kittehs rules laugh

edited January 2016
    kyoto kid said:

And really annoying when sunbathing as they reduce the sunlight just like clouds.

contrails1.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 139K
    contrails2.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 89K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    isidorn said:

speaking of gators

Kittehs rules laugh

LOL. Brave cat - or maybe it just don't know what a gator is and can do...

• Taozen said:
    isidorn said:

speaking of gators

Kittehs rules laugh

All cats consider themselves to be apex predators.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    hjake said:

Poutine is hard but not impossible to find in NC. It's just taters, red-eye gravy and cheese and that counts as vegetable down this-a-way.

And grits ain't nothin but polenta the cat didn't pee on yet.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912
    Taozen said:
    kyoto kid said:

And really annoying when sunbathing as they reduce the sunlight just like clouds.

You need a hat made of tinfoil I hear.

Taozen said:
    isidorn said:

speaking of gators

Kittehs rules laugh

Maybe towards other animals, but many (at least those in the area here) seem pretty scared of humans they don't know. 

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    Taozen said:
    Taozen said:
    isidorn said:

speaking of gators

Kittehs rules laugh

Maybe towards other animals, but many (at least those in the area here) seem pretty scared of humans they don't know. 

so am I. It's called survival. 

Taozen said:
    kyoto kid said:

I'm not a subscriber to the chemtrail conspiracy theory; they do spray chemicals from airplanes sometimes to alter the weather for agricultural purposes and stuff like that, and it's not a secret that they're spraying crops with pesticides etc., but that's all AFAIK.

Contrails is a different thing and chemically harmless. They're caused by the exhaust from jet engines and consist of water (ice crystals) and they block the sun just as clouds do. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912
    Taozen said:
    Taozen said:
    kyoto kid said:

I'm not a subscriber to the chemtrail conspiracy theory; they do spray chemicals from airplanes sometimes to alter the weather for agricultural purposes and stuff like that, and it's not a secret that they're spraying crops with pesticides etc., but that's all AFAIK.

Contrails is a different thing and chemically harmless. They're caused by the exhaust from jet engines and consist of water (ice crystals) and they block the sun just as clouds do. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

Nah me either, is no secret they drop things called bombs from planes to kill people instead angry

• If conspiracists were more intelligent I could believe that there is a conspiracy to invent conspiracies.  I'm sure some wacko has concluded that computers were a Russian plot to eventually destroy the Western capitalists.  Oh, wait... that was me...blush

Any half literate paranoid can use any number of pseudo scientific rationalizations to prove that the world is still flat, the sun orbits the earth, cats meet in secret to plot the demise of dogs, and flying saucer aliens are eating human brains for breakfast.  After all, people like that ran the world for many epochs of history.  But we eventually grew out of that.  Didn't we?

Taozen said:
    Taozen said:
    isidorn said:

speaking of gators

Kittehs rules laugh

Probably due to what people do to them.  Snip snip on the male's butt for example but not mentioning the snip snip to the female's tummy area.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

If conspiracists were more intelligent I could believe that there is a conspiracy to invent conspiracies.  I'm sure some wacko has concluded that computers were a Russian plot to eventually destroy the Western capitalists.  Oh, wait... that was me...blush

Any half literate paranoid can use any number of pseudo scientific rationalizations to prove that the world is still flat, the sun orbits the earth, cats meet in secret to plot the demise of dogs, and flying saucer aliens are eating human brains for breakfast.  After all, people like that ran the world for many epochs of history.  But we eventually grew out of that.  Didn't we?

Ummmmm, No. Two words, Rush Limbaugh. ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Etrigan said:

If conspiracists were more intelligent I could believe that there is a conspiracy to invent conspiracies.  I'm sure some wacko has concluded that computers were a Russian plot to eventually destroy the Western capitalists.  Oh, wait... that was me...blush

Ummmmm, No. Two words, Rush Limbaugh. ;)

Not to forget David Icke and the Babylonian Brotherhood.