Please ignore this thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,205
    edited December 2015
    lx said:
    lx said:

what's a air? o:

An "air" is a light, slow, whispy classical musical piece.  eg: "Air on the G String" by J.S. Bach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzlw6fUux4o

"Air on the G String" sounds like an entirely different form of entertainment to me...

But can produce a similar sound, not unlike moaning.

What does morning sound like?

Pretty much like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVMWQTLsyRU  At least that's what I remember Florida mornings having sounded like when driving across the vast ranches and swamps of the interior of the state, alone, early in the day.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,609
    edited December 2015
    lx said:
    lx said:

what's a air? o:

An "air" is a light, slow, whispy classical musical piece.  eg: "Air on the G String" by J.S. Bach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzlw6fUux4o

"Air on the G String" sounds like an entirely different form of entertainment to me...

But can produce a similar sound, not unlike moaning.

What does morning sound like?

...usually too loud and obnoxious, even more so on Mondays.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 2015
    lx said:

what's a air? o:

I meant that stuff that fills up the atmosphere and we inhale into our lungs...specifically Canadian air from the Rockies. 

Below is a snip of a CNN headline of some air that sells Canadian air from the Rockies. Link to weather channel saying it's about 19 cents per breath. It all started on Ebay as a joke being sold by the zip lock bag. Units actually sold;  a business idea was born. Oh, to be a Canadian with a cabinet full of zip lock bags...sigh. 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/asia/china-canadian-company-selling-clean-air/

http://www.weather.com/news/climate/news/canadian-company-sells-bottled-air

CNN snip

This is a snip for the Cnn site article headline linked above.

Cnn-snip-bottled-air-headline.jpg
    800 x 157 - 53K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • Speaking of Ebay. I see that you can also buy toilet paper carboard tubes (cores). LOL 

Hmmm....method to support DAZ habit might have been found. 

• "This top of the line AMD 486 comes with 18 cores* for no extra charge! Buy It Now price only $499 for a limited time!!!

*cores made from only the best cellulose imported from Brazil"

That's honest advertsing, right? :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,748
    Pixel8ted said:

Speaking of Ebay. I see that you can also buy toilet paper carboard tubes (cores). LOL 

You mean the used cylinder snapped things everyone throws away without a second thought as they are wondering where the new roll of toilet paper is as the last person who used the bathroom forgot to replace it with a new roll after they used up all the good tissues and just left the four sheets still glued onto the roll.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

"This top of the line AMD 486 comes with 18 cores* for no extra charge! Buy It Now price only $499 for a limited time!!!

*cores made from only the best cellulose imported from Brazil"

That's honest advertsing, right? :)

Yes.  I would have bought it 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,911
    edited December 2015

I wanted a film breaking and burning in projector clip but could not find one anywhere

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited December 2015
    Pixel8ted said:
    Taozen said:

AIR, n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. - The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce

"Waiter, why are you serving me an empty platter? "

"It's not empty, sir, it's full of hot air..."

Haven't you seen the news lately? They sell that stuff...air...now. 

They've done that for many years in Japan in polluted cities - vending machines on the street where you can buy fresh air (AFAIR inhaled through some kind of mask).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I've been afk all this x-mas weekend so I haven't been able to actively ignore this thread during that time. But now that I'm back I can start ignoring this thread again. Now, if only I had a cute kitteh picture to post...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I forgot to ignore this thread 

• And I was doing so well at ignoring it.  Now, I've blown it.  Have to start over!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Ignoring what thread?

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    Pixel8ted said:

Speaking of Ebay. I see that you can also buy toilet paper carboard tubes (cores). LOL 

You mean the used cylinder snapped things everyone throws away without a second thought as they are wondering where the new roll of toilet paper is as the last person who used the bathroom forgot to replace it with a new roll after they used up all the good tissues and just left the four sheets still glued onto the roll.

Yes. That's what I mean. Schools like to use these in art class. Etsy and other sites also sell them.  My kids have done projects in art class using these. The teacher just told them a few days ahead of the project and had them bring in however many tubes my child needed for the project.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/toilet-paper-tubes

edited January 2016

...I really need to ignore this thread just like when the "hip" people ignore me.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

...I really need to ignore this thread just like when the "hip" people ignore me.

Do you mean cool people or people with big hips

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2016

I think that's short for "Hippo People"... They are a mysterious tribe of large people from Wisconsin that fed primarily off of a type of naturally occurring Cheddar cheese which they mined from deep underground on a soggy island somewhere in Lake Winnebago. It is rumored that they migrated there from Northern Europe some time during the last ice age when a herd of them became disoriented during a blizzard. The origin of the name Hippo People has nothing to do with gross obesity and does not refer to the animal the hippo, but instead is a reference to the hippopotamus which they both worshiped and hunted. Apparently there are very few wooly cave hippopotami in Wisconsin, which is how they turned to cheese mining. In 19th century Wisconsin high society, it was common to call someone who would not take good advice a "Hip Person" due to the Hippo People's well earned reputation for being oblivious to danger while foraging for bacon. For the most part they seem to have spread out into other parts of the state after their cheese mine flooded in the early 1920s, and are largely forgotten, but occasionally in the summer you can spot one floating lazily down a river or basking on the rocks on the shore of Green Bay.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • galattgalatt Posts: 219
    McGyver said:

I think that's short for "Hippo People"... They are a mysterious tribe of large people from Wisconsin that fed primarily off of a type of naturally occurring Cheddar cheese which they mined from deep underground on a soggy island somewhere in Lake Winnebago. It is rumored that they migrated there from Northern Europe some time during the last ice age when a herd of them became disoriented during a blizzard. The origin of the name Hippo People has nothing to do with gross obesity and does not refer to the animal the hippo, but instead is a reference to the hippopotamus which they both worshiped and hunted. Apparently there are very few wooly cave hippopotami in Wisconsin, which is how they turned to cheese mining. In 19th century Wisconsin high society, it was common to call someone who would not take good advice a "Hip Person" due to the Hippo People's well earned reputation for being oblivious to danger while foraging for bacon. For the most part they seem to have spread out into other parts of the state after their cheese mine flooded in the early 1920s, and are largely forgotten, but occasionally in the summer you can spot one floating lazily down a river or basking on the rocks on the shore of Green Bay.

They are easy to draw in to the open. You just have to yell out their mating call; "PACKERS!"

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,006
    galatt said:
    McGyver said:

They are easy to draw in to the open. You just have to yell out their mating call; "PACKERS!"

Wait... That's a regular Wisconsinonian... The Hip People are a mysterious tribe that are all but forgotten, except when you see them floating lazily down a river or sunning on a rock, which is mostly done sans bathing attire... Then you remember them for a real long time... Mostly late at night... Late, late at night. While some Wisconsinonians may lean towards plumpness, they are not to be confused with Hip People, who scientists still debate the origins of. Mostly when drunk, but I've seen them debate it... It's very fascinating or something like that. 

...ahh Wisconsin, that once fabled land which flowed with cheese and beer, and some of the best fishing in the known world.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    kyoto kid said:

...ahh Wisconsin, that once fabled land which flowed with cheese and beer, and some of the best fishing in the known world.

Is that the place where the state bird is the mosquito, or is that Minnesota? cheeky

...Minnesota, though they don't tend to observe the sovereignty of state borders very well.

kyoto kid said:

Is that the place where the state bird is the mosquito, or is that Minnesota? cheeky

Both from what I hear

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

"cheese mines", haha!  I'm going to have to share that with everybody I know in WI. 

Incidentally, when I fly back to visit, I ALWAYS bring cheese back.  You just can't get some cheeses out here, it must be imported from Wisconsin.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    sriesch said:

"cheese mines", haha!  I'm going to have to share that with everybody I know in WI. 

Incidentally, when I fly back to visit, I ALWAYS bring cheese back.  You just can't get some cheeses out here, it must be imported from Wisconsin.

Bring cheese back FROM Wisconsin, or bring cheese TO wisconsin?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

sriesch said:

Bring cheese back FROM Wisconsin, or bring cheese TO wisconsin?

FROM Wisconsin.  Smoked string cheese is the best!

Oh, and here's a cheese miner proudly displaying an 8-oz cheese curd nugget fresh from the mine:

screenshot, cheese curd miner.png
    636 x 250 - 253K

...yeah cheese curds are cheap there.  Used to stop in Union Star in Fremont on US 10 when heading back to Milwaukee from Point to get a couple bags for the road.

Out here where I live they're bloody expensive even though we have Tillamook out on the coast

Another cheese you can only get in Wisconsin is Berr Kase which is an aromatic brick cheese. I usually bring a couple pounds in an ice pack back with me.

• Hmmmm, and I thought cheese curds were a Canadian thing or maybe even an upstate NY things which is close enough to Canada to import cheese curds.  Cheese curds are only used in poutine, aren't they?

...they also make for great snackies.