Gallery Ads/Popups

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

AgitatedRiot said:

NylonGirl said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Stezza said:

An ad came up for sea monkeys so instead of spending my money here I bought a sea monkeys kit instead... yes

I thought they were extinct?!

PS: looking for a browser &/or adblocker that works with Fire tablet and its Silk browser. I've searched for adblockers in the app store, but all the results (that are adblockers not VPNs) are flagged Unavailable.

So you think they won't sell you something online, just because that thing doesn't exist?

I purchased a box of postholes but received an empty box. However, I know post holes exist, as I have a post in my yard.

Oh wow, where did you order? I swear everytime I dig one around here I hit sandstone or limestone. I wouldn't think that probability was possible. I can get through the sandstonde but the limestone forces me to relocate my work. Same for every darn tree I've planted. I plant the root 2' or 3' deep only to find that there must be limestone 4' deep given the stunted growth now years later.angrylaugh

Actually though, I found out the hill I live on is called Unity Hill and there is a cave underneath it, explaining all the limestone in my yard. I don't like living over a cave though as I remember a '69 Corvette at the National Corvette Museam in Bowling Green got swallowed up by a sink hole (collapsed portion of a cave), I think in nevermind, 2014 Feb 12 according to the link.

Ten Years Ago Today, a Sinkhole Swallowed Eight Corvettes at the National Corvette Museum - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle (corvetteblogger.com)

That is where all the post holes you ordered were cumalatively shipped to.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,362

I keep getting ads for this thing. I'm not clicking on the ad, so I'll never know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's a tardigrade plushy.

tardibear.PNG
    249 x 126 - 43K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

I want one heart

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,846

NylonGirl said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Stezza said:

An ad came up for sea monkeys so instead of spending my money here I bought a sea monkeys kit instead... yes

I thought they were extinct?!

PS: looking for a browser &/or adblocker that works with Fire tablet and its Silk browser. I've searched for adblockers in the app store, but all the results (that are adblockers not VPNs) are flagged Unavailable.

So you think they won't sell you something online, just because that thing doesn't exist?

got them

and they're growing yes 

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,416

taking up more space

Image2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 415K
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,971
    Lol, the ads in the forum on mobile push the orange banners up so they're covered by the header. This looks so cheap.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,347
    Lol, the ads in the forum on mobile push the orange banners up so they're covered by the header. This looks so cheap.
    Yup. Sure can't read that hidden banner just peaking out.
    Screenshot_20240306_033035_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1440 x 3200 - 553K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,210
    Using Adblocker on an 8" Android tablet, and the forum is like it was. Only visit using this machine. Not going to visit using anything else. Regards, Richard.
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,747

I don't visit the forums very often. I'm not sure when I first noticed the ads. None of the ads I noticed had anything to do with my buying habits or interests.

I've been using AdBlock for many years, I just set it to block ads on DAZ. Case closed.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,778

I still have yet to see an ad, and I aim to keep it that way. angel

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,347

Adblock Plus blocked 11 items on this page.yes

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,079

My take - ads for items I don't need, don't want, or already have slow the web page creation wastng my time, waste valuable screen space, and irritate me. I won't allow them. As for the so-called 'targeted' ads - the few I've seen that were supposedly aimed at me didn't come close to hitting the wall the target was on, much less the target.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 581

I hate these ads on the forums and the galleries! I wish Daz would remove them. It looks terrible! 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 643

Heh-heh, good one McGyver! Maybe Daz thinks we're depressed and need a joke every day, so they insert these ridiculous things to cheer us up.

I am so glad I don't see this sort of junk as I browse the web.

• csaacsaa Posts: 814

Oh! I've given up trying to shape the ads by giving feedback. All I have to show for my efforts is that I don't get any ads for toe fungus remedies anymore.

Heh. I just pretend that it's all an extension of the Daz marketplace frown ...

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,210
    I now use Adblocker as my browser. Don't see any ads. Useful to speed page load times at Rendo too. Regards, Richard.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,723

Added the ad server to my blocking list in the browser and no more ads.

• They seem to be entering a new phase where every few times you open a forum thread it shows a full-screen ad. That's not acceptable. Obviously the first couple of times it happened, I backed up and wondered if I'd actually touched one of the things, but I am pretty sure I did not.

well it might stop new people coming to the forum for answers and bugging Customer service instead

yes

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

I've been avoiding this place because of the ads lately and I just came back to look for something, and (on my iPad and iPhone) the ads at the bottom of the screen are twice as big as before, plus there's a full screen Interruption Ad that prevents you from preceding to the thread you clicked on unless you click the ad.

Nope.

Bye.

McGyver said:

I've been avoiding this place because of the ads lately and I just came back to look for something, and (on my iPad and iPhone) the ads at the bottom of the screen are twice as big as before, plus there's a full screen Interruption Ad that prevents you from preceding to the thread you clicked on unless you click the ad.

Nope.

Bye.

Pleeeeeeeease don't leave us

https://adblockplus.org/adblock-plus-chrome 

on iPad Firefox app with very strict security settings also works

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,846

I use the Edge browser on iPad and or the Brave browser cool

and my seamonkeys pegged it! crying

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,925

Now I'm getting full screen ads on my iPhone. I went to click the X and it didn't matter, the ad still was clicked and I was taken to some other site. Not acceptable at all. 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,995
    edited April 2

Faeryl Womyn said:

I tested on Opera and Firefox and had no ads.

They will show up on Firefox, as I use Firefox and did have them happen. I of course don't have them showing now because I use UBlock Origin and NoScript.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,754
    edited April 2

A few days ago I wrote about how we can refuse cookies in the state of California and today this popped up! (And if anyone can solve my problem posted in another thread, please let me know there lol.) 

IMG_1293.jpeg
    2732 x 2048 - 591K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • JeffGJeffG Posts: 118

Richard H.
    I downloaded ad block today entirely because of Daz.
    Every other website I visited was literally stuffed with DAZ ads. I'm talking 7 or more per page. 
    I was disgusted.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,682

JeffG said:

Richard H.
    I downloaded ad block today entirely because of Daz.
    Every other website I visited was literally stuffed with DAZ ads. I'm talking 7 or more per page. 
    I was disgusted.

What you get served on other sites will depend on what Google/Meta's algorithm brings up based on what it knows of your browsing history and on the site settings.

• I just had one that entirely blocked the menu bars at the top of the page. (Not the full page monstrosity, but the top-of-the-page one had blocked all of the menu bars.) I had to back up with the back button to get back to the main forum page. Come on guys - if I were only casually interested in perusing the forums, I would've long since given up and never returned.

Oh, and the perpetual "Cookies" one at the botton of the page start turning up.

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 765

mwokee said:

Boycott the ads by not clicking on them and hopefully it will be realized it's yet another bad idea such as punch sales, recycling old products into bundles, and NFTs.

I never click any ads. Doesn't seem to help. I think they pay by the number of times the ad/page is viewed, not the times the ad is clicked. A better idea might be to cut down on purchases, making daz choose between a little revenue and a lot.