13»

Comments

• clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 128
    edited November 2023

crosswind said:

clivewil2 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

remove any map from its Transmitted Colour proeprty

lifesaver. that fixed it for me, thanks Richard. 

DIM didn't show me any available updates for Leony.

Go to your Daz Lib: data\outoftouch\OOT Hairblending 2\OOT Hairblending 2 Hair\, check OOT Hairblending Hair.dsf... see if you've installed the updates or not, it should be dated Jan, 2023...otherwise the updates will be in vain and each time you have to manually change the slot.

ha! 2020.

solved by uninstalling Leony wet and dry, and re-downloading + re-installing it again.  now says 5 Jan 2023.

thanks for the help.

Post edited by clivewil2 on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,811

clivewil2 said:

crosswind said:

clivewil2 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

remove any map from its Transmitted Colour proeprty

lifesaver. that fixed it for me, thanks Richard. 

DIM didn't show me any available updates for Leony.

Go to your Daz Lib: data\outoftouch\OOT Hairblending 2\OOT Hairblending 2 Hair\, check OOT Hairblending Hair.dsf... see if you've installed the updates or not, it should be dated Jan, 2023...otherwise the updates will be in vain and each time you have to manually change the slot.

ha! 2020.

solved by uninstalling Leony wet and dry, and re-downloading + re-installing it again.  now says 5 Jan 2023.

thanks for the help.

That's great ! You're welcome yes

• this is totally unacceptable: you release buggy releases and you leave us all in the swamp, with the "hey, there's some fixxes now and you got to do all by yourself!". this is extrememly disrespectfull for us all that have paid good hard cash to use your products, and now we'll have to wait for mounts or years to regain a decent version back.

• enrico.bolgan said:

this is totally unacceptable: you release buggy releases and you leave us all in the swamp, with the "hey, there's some fixxes now and you got to do all by yourself!". this is extrememly disrespectfull for us all that have paid good hard cash to use your products, and now we'll have to wait for mounts or years to regain a decent version back.

The issus are content issues, though changes in Iray (not DS itself) are only now showing them up. It is possible to fix one of them quite easily, and the other moderately easily. We may hope that the products in question will be updated to permanently fix the issues - the hair one was incorrect before, even if it wasn't triggering a problem.

• Did they ever fix this?

• I have changed the hair in my scene 3 times now. Started with OOT Elysa Hair, but of course, that crashed, and updating it did not help. Then tried Elysa with these shaders Backlight - Hair Shaders for Iray still crashed, so I switched to Evelyn Hair same thing. I then tried Antonio dForce Long Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Male and Genesis 9 which I JUST bought a few days ago.

This is getting ridiculous. I just want a render to work.

• AnitaLee said:

Did they ever fix this?

What? The OOT hair sahders issue? There have been no updates for the hairs that hadn't had them, no, but that may take soem time to work through QA even if further updates have been received.

• neomanneoman Posts: 51

Come on guys, read through the posts... The fix is both written and there is a YouTube link that gives you a video about how you can fix this hair issue.

I'll post it again.

Daz Studio: 4.22 RENDER CRASH BUG FIX!!! - YouTube

edited November 2023

mcgarhart_3bfd88cc5f said:

Come on guys, read through the posts... The fix is both written and there is a YouTube link that gives you a video about how you can fix this hair issue.

I'll post it again.

Daz Studio: 4.22 RENDER CRASH BUG FIX!!! - YouTube

That's not the root reason for the issue... since the vendor fixed the shaders nearly 11 months ago, why don't you update OOT hair shaders... unless you wanna remove tex. map from that slot each time you apply a mat. preset.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Crashes mine too. Same error, in libiray.dll.

• neomanneoman Posts: 51

It's not a complete fix for the problem, but it will get you rendering again until a hard fix occurs...  I was really frustrated at first as well, but I relaxed a little after learning it wasn't that big of a deal.

• I have the same problem and looking at the logs i saw this

i dont have a Nvidia GPU, what you guys think?

• This is terrible. I have tens of thousands of assets, many of which are not smart content related. You have left me to figure out which are broken and which need to be redownloaded like the husk of a molted crab.

Thanks team, thanks for burdening me when I open your application. No workarounds just a ton of BS.

I'd rather roll-back then spend a week or more solving all these issues you and the artists have created. Great job won't be buying any products from any markets from now on as they self deprecate and implode on you.

I've got better things to do with my time and money.

• LoofyLoofy Posts: 6

@ Crosswind Thank you for redirecting me here.

My update were OK (all issues 2023), I used OOT hait ith DAZ 4.22 for months without any problem, and then suddenly ....

I tried to uninstall and re install product who cause crasches and it's working now.

Loofy said:

@ Crosswind Thank you for redirecting me here.

My update were OK (all issues 2023), I used OOT hait ith DAZ 4.22 for months without any problem, and then suddenly ....

I tried to uninstall and re install product who cause crasches and it's working now.

You're welcome ! Happy rendering !yes

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 34
    edited March 20

Richard Haseltine said:

lemonabittera said:

Genesis 8 female character doesn't work with OOT hair. I need to set a Transmitted color of the hair to none and that needs to be done after all other assets are loaded to character so I can render.

That is a content bug, compounded by installation order if using DIM/Daz Central/manual (it's a shared file that has the issue, so if a fixed version is installed last the issue will be fixed for all hairs like this) or exactly which product is read if using Connect (each product has its own folder, but I think DS grabs the first copy of the shared file it finds).

Not to be contrary, but if the software changes and the asset does not, it does not seem reasonable to say it's because of the asset.

Post edited by greywolf on
  • greywolfgreywolf Posts: 34

I'm also suffering from extreme slowness since upgrading to 4.22, and I'm eagerly awaiting the fix.  4.21 went fine; 4.22 is dog-slow with just 2 figures [checking for OOT hair once I do the full reinstall].

I really REALLY wish there was a utility available to go thru the resources automatically and determine which ones are causing issues.  Going on a bug hunt is not fun when I'm trying to get some creativity done.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,297

greywolf said:

Richard Haseltine said:

lemonabittera said:

Genesis 8 female character doesn't work with OOT hair. I need to set a Transmitted color of the hair to none and that needs to be done after all other assets are loaded to character so I can render.

That is a content bug, compounded by installation order if using DIM/Daz Central/manual (it's a shared file that has the issue, so if a fixed version is installed last the issue will be fixed for all hairs like this) or exactly which product is read if using Connect (each product has its own folder, but I think DS grabs the first copy of the shared file it finds).

Not to be contrary, but if the software changes and the asset does not, it does not seem reasonable to say it's because of the asset.

It's Iray being less forgiving, but nevertheless the thing of which it is being less forgiving is a content error.