Saphirewild's Randomness Renders

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    Awesomefb said:

Wow ! Saphire, you've certainly been busy creating more cool images.  Last image could use more lighting/render time, otherwise great job.  Dog cracks me up, thinkin whaterver, Lol !!!!   

Thanks so much for the advice, I am going to be fixing it up soon as I get my laptop issues worked out I think I am running low on memory only running on 2 gig memory.

Here is an attempt at rendering glass in IRay (as you can see it did not work too well)

Titled: Family Returned

Try cropping this a little closer to the couple and then let it cool longer, I think the glass will show up much better.  I just think it needs more time to finish to get rid of the grain, then the glass will look better.  Glass always takes a LONG time lol

Thank you Icedragon for the input but I am not sure the glass is going to show in any render (not sure why) cause it is from Daz freebies in the Daz Magazine.

I even tryed rendering it in 3Delight and still no show on the glass (SHRUGS) I guess I am going to have to find some way to make it happen. I wish there was someone who could help me out with this!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Which freebie is it?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Thank you Icedragon for the input but I am not sure the glass is going to show in any render (not sure why) cause it is from Daz freebies in the Daz Magazine.

???

Which Daz magazine?

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    Chohole said:

???

Which Daz magazine?

I guess she means the DS creative

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Very nice posing on this! Yeah, the dog is stealing the show,  just adorable. The posing looks very relaxed. Glass and water is tricky, they do need a lot of light. You'll get it once you tweak it a bit. Nice job!

edited October 2016
    Linwelly said:
    Chohole said:

???

Which Daz magazine?

Yes I do mean Daz Creative not sure which issue it is in right off the top of my head though

EDITED TO ADD: it was a part of a serving set like for a bar.

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Linwelly said:
    Chohole said:

???

Which Daz magazine?

Yes I do mean Daz Creative not sure which issue it is in right off the top of my head though

Please remember the diference between DS,  which is Daz Studio   and Daz or Daz 3d, which is the name of the Company.  So DS creative is the name of the magazine, it is a Mag for Daz Studio users, done by people independant of Daz 3D, it is not a DAZ magazine.   If you remember the differences then it is less confusing for everyone.

Chohole said:
    Linwelly said:
    Chohole said:

???

Which Daz magazine?

Please remember the diference between DS,  which is Daz Studio   and Daz or Daz 3d, which is the name of the Company.  So DS creative is the name of the magazine, it is a Mag for Daz Studio users, done by people independant of Daz 3D, it is not a DAZ magazine.   If you remember the differences then it is less confusing for everyone.

I am truely sorry for the confusion as I just did not remember the name of the mag right. I will remember for the next time though. Again I am truely sorry for the mix up.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited October 2016

It would be easier to distinguish the company Daz3D from the program Daz Studio or the mag if the company Daz3D gave a little more update love to its other programs, such as Bryce. 

Chohole said:

Post edited by Diomede on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I have never used Bryce, but it rocks!  I just love the scenery that can be created with Bryce.  It would be great if Daz3D updated not only Bryce, but Hexagon and 3Delight as well.

Don't be embarrassed Saphirewild.  - I was corrected on the same mistake.

dracorn said:

I have never used Bryce, but it rocks!  I just love the scenery that can be created with Bryce.  It would be great if Daz3D updated not only Bryce, but Hexagon and 3Delight as well.

Don't be embarrassed Saphirewild.  - I was corrected on the same mistake.

Ya I mix them up all the time. I really have to think about it when I type things out or I make the same mistake.  Frequently lol.

edited November 2016

Here is one I did for the render a month challenge

Done in Daz Studio in 3Delight, no postwork

Titled: Warrior God

edited November 2016

This is one I attempted to do for the freebie contest buttt.....could not find all links.

Titled: Happy Halloween Party

!!!Happy Halloween Party 2016 Sign.png
    1500 x 927 - 2M
    edited November 2016

This is one I attempted for the Newbie Contest but could not get it just right was also trying out the geo shell glow and discovered that I somehow had the bloom effect on.

Done in Daz Studio IRay, no postwork

This is the one I was trying to get done before deadline but didn't make it

!!!Halloween Cellar.png
    800 x 600 - 1M
    !!!Halloween Cellar2.png
    800 x 600 - 1M
    edited November 2016

This one I did for the Newbie Contest as well DOF one

Done in Daz Studio 3Delight, no postwork

Titled: Hot For Taxies

Taxi Model DOF.png
    1500 x 927 - 2M

Wow, I really like this one!

Where did you get those horns and the environment?  It really looks cool!  I like what you did with it!

The pose is very nice, and so is the fabric draping. 

Great work, Saphirewild!

dracorn said:

Wow, I really like this one!

Where did you get those horns and the environment?  It really looks cool!  I like what you did with it!

The pose is very nice, and so is the fabric draping. 

Great work, Saphirewild!

I got this enviroment for free called cathedral of sorrow and the horns and whole statue is a part of that set I just used some shaders on the whole clothing and body.

• Great job on Warrior God.

Thanks!! Jack

If I may make a few suggestions:

The glossiness or reflection is up pretty high - I have found that with free items or stuff I convert from Poser.  It gives your render an overexposed look.  Tone both of them down and you will have less shine. 

Also, reduce your ambient lighting to darken the scene, then add some spotlights here and there for dramatic lighting and shadows. Add one looking up at the statue, one each shining from the floor to each of the curtained areas, and maybe a linear pointlight on the alter behind him. 

dracorn said:

If I may make a few suggestions:

The glossiness or reflection is up pretty high - I have found that with free items or stuff I convert from Poser.  It gives your render an overexposed look.  Tone both of them down and you will have less shine. 

Also, reduce your ambient lighting to darken the scene, then add some spotlights here and there for dramatic lighting and shadows. Add one looking up at the statue, one each shining from the floor to each of the curtained areas, and maybe a linear pointlight on the alter behind him. 

Thanks for the suggestions Dracorn the next time I render with this envirionment I will definatly tone down the glossiness down a bit.

If I make it darker it renders in black I tried that one already.

I'll have to experiment with that one myself.  I found it on Share CG - it's an amazing environment for a free model. 

I'm curently playing around with subsurfaces in the Mage Tower. 

dracorn said:

I'll have to experiment with that one myself.  I found it on Share CG - it's an amazing environment for a free model. 

I'm curently playing around with subsurfaces in the Mage Tower. 

Yes it sure is the detail is amazing as well, yes I seen your thread with the first WIP render.

edited November 2016

Here is my first go at rendering centuars I sure hope I did it justice

Done in Daz Studio 4.9 A bit of postwork for a few things that needed tweaking.

Titled: Conduring up Centuars Mage

!!!Condering up Centaurs Mage.png
    1921 x 1412 - 5M

Here is my first go at rendering centuars I sure I did it justice

Wow great job on this one!

Here is my first go at rendering centuars I sure I did it justice

Wow great job on this one!

Thank you Sonja!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Saphirewild- on anything that is very white, try going into the Surface tab and putting the Diffuse at a duller gray. That way you can light your characters the way they need to be, without washing out the whites. The whites will APPEAR white because of the brighter lighting, even though they are now gray.  wink   You can do that for ANYTHING in your scene, whether it is white or not. Darken the diffuse a bit.

Nice lightening bolts, very creative! 

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

HI Saphire, your making great progress, love all your art creations, very cool, keep up the good work yes

• Here is my first go at rendering centuars I sure I did it justice

Great render, Saphire!

Novica said:

Saphirewild- on anything that is very white, try going into the Surface tab and putting the Diffuse at a duller gray. That way you can light your characters the way they need to be, without washing out the whites. The whites will APPEAR white because of the brighter lighting, even though they are now gray.  wink   You can do that for ANYTHING in your scene, whether it is white or not. Darken the diffuse a bit.

Nice lightening bolts, very creative! 

Thank yous so much for this fantastic advice Novica!!!!!

I will do that in the next render I do.