Genghis Khan 9 HD

13»

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

So I took a closer look at Genghis Khan's torso. Is it lacking in detail as some of these images suggest? I don't expect a 12 pack but it looks kinda lacking.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited April 2023

Mrs. Khan on date night. No wonder he's fooling around with the orc lady. laugh

Ms Khan.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,267

Was thinking about this earlier. I could see Mulan being the first core G9 Asian female - different culture from Genghis, but she fits the trend of historical figures.

Disney would scream copyright big time 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,066
    edited April 2023

Trying some new things here ...

Yes, this isn't the first try at posting this ... hopefully this version removes the egregious problem that i noticed approximately 1 second after hitting Save. 

NotGoingHome.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 762K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

Robert Freise said:

Was thinking about this earlier. I could see Mulan being the first core G9 Asian female - different culture from Genghis, but she fits the trend of historical figures.

Mulan was a character in Chinese folklore (who may or may not have been a real person) a millennium and a half before the Disney movie.

• Robert Freise said:

Disney cannot copyright Hua Mulan because it's a Chinese folk tale character. As long as it's not obviously based on any of the Disney takes on her.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,689

AllenArt said:

So good! And funny. 

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    AllenArt said:

The landlady in Kung Fu Hustle

CHWT said:

AllenArt said:

laughyes 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233

Robert Freise said:

CHWT said:

AllenArt said:

laughyes 

I agree. I love that movie.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Robert Freise said:

There are absolute cargo ships loaded full of alternative mass media Cinderellas, and all the other old folklore characters available on VHS, DVD, BR, ..., streaming. I guess those do OK also, I've seen them for sale enough, and some are likely better than Disney's take on those folklore characters and stories.

It's the same should Disney try to Disneyfy Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and so on as a new Disney francise characters.

nonesuch00 said:

Robert Freise said:

There are absolute cargo ships loaded full of alternative mass media Cinderellas, and all the other old folklore characters available on VHS, DVD, BR, ..., streaming. I guess those do OK also, I've seen them for sale enough, and some are likely better than Disney's take on those folklore characters and stories.

It's the same should Disney try to Disneyfy Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and so on as a new Disney francise characters.

I shouldn't have posted about this here as it's off topic

A little research shows that Disney does hace some copyright and trademark pertaining to the subjects mentioned

But lets not continue with it here 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

Robert Freise said:

nonesuch00 said:

Robert Freise said:

I shouldn't have posted about this here as it's off topic

A little research shows that Disney does hace some copyright and trademark pertaining to the subjects mentioned

But lets not continue with it here 

Disney holds copyright over the movie and its derivative works, and any original concepts or designs therein, but not to the character of Mulan herself, any more than they hold copyright over the character of Robin Hood (except portrayed as a fox). Obviously Daz couldn't get away with releasing Disney's Mulan as a character.

• This is going to be my favorite G9 figure for... Quite a while, I think.

PixelSploiting said:

This is going to be my favorite G9 figure for... Quite a while, I think.

Nice work 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

PixelSploiting said:

Excellent :)

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138

Absolutely. And I love this render!
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,323
    edited April 2023

Great pics here! heartyes

Post edited by caravelle on
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited April 2023

Maybe Tomyris could be next if we're already in the area?

Daz Horse 3 still be lacking morphs to look close enough to Mongolian or Scythian mount.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Genghis Khan has an update in DIM today. Readme doesn't say why. Wonder what it's for? Metadata, maybe? (Except Daz has said they no longer do metadata-only updates in DIM, only inside Studio.)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I have had metadata updates through DIM recently.

I hope they do a big one on the Black Forge: Accessories for Geneis 9, all the materials went into Lost and Found. It was an easy fix for me to categorize them to 'Materials>Iray>Accessories' but I can't understand how it got out of QC like that.

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,194
    edited April 2023

Sigh. Smart Content always makes a mess of my things. Well now I know about it, Ill make sure that gets fixed. There are a lot of textures with that set. Thanks for mentioning it :)

Post edited by chevybabe25 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

chevybabe25 said:

Sigh. Smart Content always makes a mess of my things. Well now I know about it, Ill make sure that gets fixed. There was a lot of textures with that set. Thanks for mentioning it :)

Not a problem. Metadata is Daz's responsibility. And this is not as bad as the Genesis 9 characters that only make it as far as 'Actor' and no farther. I find I can't assume anything is correct without a check for the basics now.

And your products are so amazing, the rings in that set are what sold me.

Mary 

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,194

Thanks for the kind words and support Mary :)