Genghis Khan 9 HD

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Made a version gender swapped (used Joan skin with some tweaks, did -100% Masculine, +100% Feminine, and a few other tweaks).

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

WendyLuvsCatz said:

N-RArts said:

I'm sorry, but from what I know about Genghis Khan, I find it a totally bizarre release.

he is quite possibly your ancestor
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/article/mongolia-genghis-khan-dna 

Blimey. 

I can't see it myself. Heck, I'm not even sure the Vikings got this far (south-west of the UK). 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    I hope this release is a sign that there will be a core G9 asian female coming soon.
    Genghis Connie?
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

WendyLuvsCatz said:

N-RArts said:

I'm sorry, but from what I know about Genghis Khan, I find it a totally bizarre release.

he is quite possibly your ancestor
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/article/mongolia-genghis-khan-dna 

Thank you for the link WendyLuvCats. I enjoyed the article and it also backs up others I have read about history over my life.

Mary 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    edited March 2023

Yay, I am all for more historical representations, Hollywood-ized or not.  Well, prefer not Hollywood-ized but happy to take what I can get. 

For those interested in representations of the great Khan, there is a very large statute in Asia.  Here is one of many trip advisor review.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g293956-d11478929-Genghis_Khan_Day_Tour_with_Gorkhi_Terelj_National_Park-Ulaanbaatar.html

khan.jpg
    507 x 446 - 57K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Although I've grown past wanting to use a character like Ghengis Khan in a video game, filmed entertainment, or so on I did remember that I played Wolfenstein 3D and the historical character featured at the end of that game when it was first released 30 years ago this year. It's still a fact the big entertainment corporations still use these villians of history as bait for their entertainment products. That DAZ 3D does as well is fine by me, not that I have any say in the matter other than purchasing or not. Why shouldn't they be allowed to use the same historical figures as Hollywood and those other media centres?

I will buy the character one day. Mongolia was a source of fancination for us kids in the early 70s. I'm not sure why, I think because that's where our pet gerbils came from. Whatever, it is an interesting place.

My big complaint about the character though is in the same way the DAZ 3D caucasion characters used to invariably California beach bum over-tanned; this character is way too pale to be a horseman riding the surrounding steppes of the Mongolian Desert, one of the most inhospital places on Earth, as Gheghis' attempts to escape to India, Iran, and Hungary attest to.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

nonesuch00 said:

My big complaint about the character though is in the same way the DAZ 3D caucasion characters used to invariably California beach bum over-tanned; this character is way too pale to be a horseman riding the surrounding steppes of the Mongolian Desert, one of the most inhospital places on Earth, as Gheghis' attempts to escape to India, Iran, and Hungary attest to.

Mongolia is inhospitable because of the elevation and cold climate, and Mongolians don't typically have especially dark complexions, some even trending towards pinkish. I think this character looks completely plausible as a Mongolian. He also looks like Benedict Wong, which is irrelevant to the point, but is a point in favor of getting him.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited March 2023

Oso3D said:

Made a version gender swapped (used Joan skin with some tweaks, did -100% Masculine, +100% Feminine, and a few other tweaks).

This looks awesome! I really love how versatile the G9 male core characters have been for mixing with other morphs.

He adds a lot of character to face combinations. I've tried to make my Guild Wars 2 necromancer in Daz a few times, but this is the first time I think he's actually looked his age.

LazarG9.png
    2061 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • sidsid Posts: 400

plasma_ring said:

Oso3D said:

This looks awesome! I really love how versatile the G9 male core characters have been for mixing with other morphs.

He adds a lot of character to face combinations. I've tried to make my Guild Wars 2 necromancer in Daz a few times, but this is the first time I think he's actually looked his age.

My inner teenage goth is all oh là là c'est trop jolie (she can't actually remeber any french)

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

sid said:

My inner teenage goth is all oh là là c'est trop jolie (she can't actually remeber any french)

I'm cackling, thank you.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,267

Now I need a Lamont Cranston /The Shadow to go with him

Gordig said:

nonesuch00 said:

Mongolia is inhospitable because of the elevation and cold climate, and Mongolians don't typically have especially dark complexions, some even trending towards pinkish. I think this character looks completely plausible as a Mongolian. He also looks like Benedict Wong, which is irrelevant to the point, but is a point in favor of getting him.

Hmm, well you are right almost certainly, I only have as my only point of recent visual reference a pictorial reference of a very tan elematary aged school girl from the last decade done by NatGeo I believe; but I'm sure there is a lot of variance as there is everywhere else. I guess I was confusing them with the pictures one of my brother-in-laws took of Tibetans when he mountain climbed a few decades back. The high mountain sun on them is brutal, from a very young age. I noticed the same in Switzerland with avid hikers in the Alps, but not so much with the people that live there, because they modified their behaviour to avoid the sun as much as possible - just enough to get work done.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited March 2023

There's a lot of detail on this guy. I like him a lot. To whomever worked on him - kudos.

Ghengis.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 438K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    Could take or leave the character - interesting face, but G9... meh. Empire Outfit is what sold me - that armor looks fantastic. Reminds me of the 80s Conan films. Should be great for Mongol-inspired fantasy cultures if it fits to G8 without issue.

Total cart was $36 for the Conqueror bundle ($11.15), horse armor, another new release, and seven grab bag items (stacking discounts, plus tokens from the flash and Daz+ sales, plus the gift card discount). Lot of luck involved - getting to eight tokens due to the flash sale on a "double tokens" day, and not having used them yet - but things worked out nicely this time.
  • sidsid Posts: 400

Had a play. I think he's well made.

Very textured skin, but in this case, I think it's appopriate he look both wind and sun daamged :D

Defaults, HD in the first two:

Could not frame-sim the DForce Horse armour, so it's here unsimulated.

I defs didn't need an orc lady, but I have one.

How do I hide one shoulder guard only?

khan1.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    khan2.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    khan3.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

sid said:

Thanks again for the renders. I would hide one shoulder guard with the geometry editor tool using the marquee selection mode and hide selected polygons. If you want it to stay hidden the next time you load that scene, you can delete the geometry.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

xyer0 said:

sid said:

Thanks again for the renders. I would hide one shoulder guard with the geometry editor tool using the marquee selection mode and hide selected polygons. If you want it to stay hidden the next time you load that scene, you can delete the geometry.

Should be enough just to use the eye-icon on the bones for that shoulder on the shoulder guard 

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342

I guess Napoleon Bonaparte should be one of the  next bundles , if were going with historical figures. 

edited March 2023

The old Content Paradise site (Smith Micro) had a Poser compatible world leaders series for the Poser 7 figures, and a historical clothing series.  G2 referred to the Poser 7 figures at the time.  Can try to kitbash just about anything, but having a professional do it is better.  I attach a content folder list of the Poser 7 world leaders.  I erased other folders to make identification easier.  Note Napoleon.

cp list copy b.jpg
    233 x 438 - 45K
    edited March 2023

This image was made with the Poser 7 figure (simon) using a subset of the Genghis Khan content from Content Paradise.  Did not want the armor.  (Carrara render, not Poser).  I am very happy to have an updated Daz3D north Asian historical content set and character set for Genesis 9.  Yay.  Whether anyone calls the character Genghis Khan or not is of less importance to me.  Similarly, I would like additional content and characters from other historical times and places.   Shout out to the vendor @Meshitup, who does a great job providing some historical content.  https://www.daz3d.com/meshitup

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited March 2023

Diomede said:

The old Content Paradise site (Smith Micro) had a Poser compatible world leaders series for the Poser 7 figures, and a historical clothing series.  G2 referred to the Poser 7 figures at the time.  Can try to kitbash just about anything, but having a professional do it is better.  I attach a content folder list of the Poser 7 world leaders.  I erased other folders to make identification easier.  Note Napoleon.

It's actually still available at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/129859/genghis-khan-clothing-set-for-the-g2-males-great-rulers

(the others are also there, including Napoléon)

Post edited by Leana on

Leana said:

Diomede said:

It's actually still available at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/129859/genghis-khan-clothing-set-for-the-g2-males-great-rulers

(the others are also there, including Napoléon)

Didn't realize that set survived the end of the CP site.  I wonder how many people confuse the Poser 7 G2 figures with the Daz3D Genesis 2 figures?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

genghis khan bundle was 18 for me yesterday, today its 37. what discount fell off? its a big one whatever it was. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325

daveso said:

genghis khan bundle was 18 for me yesterday, today its 37. what discount fell off? its a big one whatever it was. 

Yesterday there was a 'Today Only' offer of an extra 50% off the bundle. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

Yesterday there was a 'Today Only' offer of an extra 50% off the bundle. 

well,, that sure explains it. out of cart. thanks :) as noted over and over, you gotta jumo right away . no waiting around here.  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

Daz midnight is the magical moment when everything changes.

For me, the timing is just right as at 9AM I have usually finished my morning routines at work.

andrushuk1 said:

I guess Napoleon Bonaparte should be one of the  next bundles , if were going with historical figures. 

I could go for those clothes. They are snazzy.

• I'd be up for a French Cuirassier uniform. If you have to war you might as well do it with maximum style and bling.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559
    edited March 2023

Mr Khan looks like a really well made figure.... excepts the peks indecision.

Post edited by fred9803 on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    jd641 said:

hansmolleman33 said:

I hope this release is a sign that there will be a core G9 asian female coming soon.

Yes, and I hope she will be as realistic as Genghis (more like a Kayo 9 or Alawa 9) and not slightly cartoony.

Was thinking about this earlier. I could see Mulan being the first core G9 Asian female - different culture from Genghis, but she fits the trend of historical figures.