Genghis Khan 9 HD

CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,126
edited March 2023 in The Commons

https://www.daz3d.com/genghis-khan-9-hd

He looks like a real Mongolian man. Love him.

The only things I don't like are the somewhat weak brows and the same teeth as most G9 core characters (the king really did take excellent care of his teeth when there was no whitening toothpaste *wink* )

Post edited by CHWT on

Comments

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited March 2023

He's beautiful. Finally I have someone to go with that other store Ulaan. And he comes with a deel robe too.

Plenty of East Asian were made models for Daz, but they all looked Han or Japanese.

I'll take it over more Orcs any day.

I think I'm going to pass over the archery poses because they are sort of... Weird. BTW, how are you supposed to turn in a saddle with this humongous high fantasy bow? It's not how it works. It's not how any of this works.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    There needs to be a rule that you list all items shown in promo pics that AREN'T included.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,683

Cart filled right away. I hope he is followed by some other people and sets, clothes that is appropriate to their time.

And since I didn't waste my store credit on orcs, and old stuff I didn't need, I am have reserves to pay for the bundle and extras.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,258
    edited March 2023

Oh yes - that was an instant buy! I liked Genghis Khan 9 straight away, and his bundle too. Together with the textures for the two outfits and 2 tokens, the price was also very pleasing. 

Now I still have the armour for the horse in the cart, plus the archer poses - although unfortunately there are no weapons for the great conqueror.... Or have I overlooked something?

@PixelSploiting: Great music; thank you!

Post edited by caravelle on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 234

Not only is it a great figure, that looks badass but comes fairly cheap with all the discounts.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

what are the hair and face hairs that he is shown with in the promos, especially the pulled back hair. and what are the earings? I assume all for G9? 

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

I love the bundle - it will be so versatile for characters in a Conan The Barbarian type of fantasy land, which is the direction I keep being pulled towards when I'm doing art simply as stuff for me to enjoy... so it works for me.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

daveso said:

what are the hair and face hairs that he is shown with in the promos, especially the pulled back hair. and what are the earings? I assume all for G9? 

G9 version of this maybe? https://www.daz3d.com/nikan-hair-and-beard-for-genesis-3--8-males

Leana said:

daveso said:

G9 version of this maybe? https://www.daz3d.com/nikan-hair-and-beard-for-genesis-3--8-males

Thanks. Guess what. I have it. That happens so many times
    18.58 for the bundle without any coupons. The figure alone is 15.74.bundle it is. I like te character, not the rest so much
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

I am not sure I like the trend of daz base figures being based on historical figures. But Genghis looks nice. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,005

He looks good.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

Serene Night said:

I am not sure I like the trend of daz base figures being based on historical figures. But Genghis looks nice. 

At least they know he will not sue them for image rights.

edited March 2023

I looked for photos of Genghis Khan to see if this model looks close, but all I dfound were  old paintings of him. 

OIP.jpg
    474 x 474 - 21K
    Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

I looked for photos of Genghis Khan to see if this model looks close, but all I dfound were  old paintings of him. 

Photos from the 12th/13th century should be hard to find... And the 14th century picture supposed to show Genghis Khan isn't even Mongolian, it's Chinese. Difficult source situation...  ;-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

he looks like a member of The Hu

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Trend of base figures based on historical figures?

There's Joan and Genghis and... ? Did I miss some releases?

Also, if Daz started making lots of historical figures, why would that be bad?

• I hope this release is a sign that there will be a core G9 asian female coming soon.

hansmolleman33 said:

I hope this release is a sign that there will be a core G9 asian female coming soon.

That would be good, but first Angela 9 needs a male counterpart. Sunjata Keïta, first king of the 13th century Mali Empire perhaps? 

• KetsyColaKetsyCola Posts: 86

Yeeees! He looks great! I really appreciate how he has actual Epicanthic folds. A pet peeve of mine is when East Asian type characters don't have them.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited March 2023

Oso3D said:

Trend of base figures based on historical figures?

There's Joan and Genghis and... ? Did I miss some releases?

Also, if Daz started making lots of historical figures, why would that be bad?

I can only speak for myself, but some historical figures and celebrities are problematic or the way they are depicted is. I prefer more generic stuff. I didn't use Mike 8.1 at all since he resembled a politician. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • jd641jd641 Posts: 419

hansmolleman33 said:

I hope this release is a sign that there will be a core G9 asian female coming soon.

Yes, and I hope she will be as realistic as Genghis (more like a Kayo 9 or Alawa 9) and not slightly cartoony.

• The G9 characters are so beautifully done, this one no exception.  I haven't bought any yet, a bit of a financial limit right now - but WOW are these the best or what?  

The detail is amazing to me

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,883

This one I'm going to pick up later today, everything looks amazing. 

• Already in my cart. Just working out the details of what stuff on my wishlist comes home along with it.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

I was sure I would never buy a Genesis 9 character. Genghis Khan proved me wrong.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415

I'm sorry, but from what I know about Genghis Khan, I find it a totally bizarre release.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited March 2023

We already had vikings, it's not like Asiatic horse "Vikings" were doing anything different.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

N-RArts said:

I'm sorry, but from what I know about Genghis Khan, I find it a totally bizarre release.

he is quite possibly your ancestor
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/article/mongolia-genghis-khan-dna 

• jd641 said:

hansmolleman33 said:

Yes, and I hope she will be as realistic as Genghis (more like a Kayo 9 or Alawa 9) and not slightly cartoony.

100% agreed.