Why do I need an ORC?

13»

Comments

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited March 2023

I don't mind the orcs, but where is this one? This is the one I'd want to buy...

I can make a Lord of the Rings or Skyrim orc very easily with what I already have, but this guy has amazing expression. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

MelissaGT said:

I don't mind the orcs, but where is this one? This is the one I'd want to buy...

I can make a Lord of the Rings or Skyrim orc very easily with what I already have, but this guy has amazing expression. 

That is almost certainly this one: https://www.daz3d.com/grugmar-the-orc-hd-for-genesis-9

I think the artist made some changes to the skin settings to make it look less green.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Could be an orc-ed up Maxx / Centaur Maxx.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452

ioonrxoon said:

Could be an orc-ed up Maxx / Centaur Maxx.

the face looks like Maxx for sure 

Havos said:

MelissaGT said:

That is almost certainly this one: https://www.daz3d.com/grugmar-the-orc-hd-for-genesis-9

I think the artist made some changes to the skin settings to make it look less green.

The teeth are completely different...and it looks like there is some of Maxx in there (given that it's a Soto promo)...but we all know that Maxx is G8.  

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 173

Serene Night said:

There is a large audience of adult image creators who use orcs.

That fact is realy rather scary!

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,073

I agree, he's a great. I want him too.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,628

MelissaGT said:

I agree! yes

Matt_Brown said:

Serene Night said:

There is a large audience of adult image creators who use orcs.

That fact is realy rather scary!

And ogres and especially goblins, apparently... surprise

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

MelissaGT said:

Havos said:

MelissaGT said:

The teeth are completely different...and it looks like there is some of Maxx in there (given that it's a Soto promo)...but we all know that Maxx is G8.  

I'm not saying I would crawl hand over hand to throw money at Maxx for G9 with fantasy character options, but yeah I am saying that. >.>

• ZiconZicon Posts: 184

plasma_ring said:

I'm not saying I would crawl hand over hand to throw money at Maxx for G9 with fantasy character options, but yeah I am saying that. >.>

Honestly, if I cross my fingers any harder for some Soto G9 characters, they will break.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

MelissaGT said:

Havos said:

MelissaGT said:

The teeth may have been swapped, but if you look at the fourth to last promo of Grugmar you can see that the facial features are the same as the one in the pic, so I would be very surprised if that was not Grugmar, if maybe not 100% him.

Havos said:

MelissaGT said:

Havos said:

MelissaGT said:

The teeth may have been swapped, but if you look at the fourth to last promo of Grugmar you can see that the facial features are the same as the one in the pic, so I would be very surprised if that was not Grugmar, if maybe not 100% him.

The shape of the nose is very different...and the overall face is more rounded and "meaty". The skin is also not the same...not just shader tweaks either. It's different skin.  

MelissaGT said:

The shape of the nose is very different...and the overall face is more rounded and "meaty". The skin is also not the same...not just shader tweaks either. It's different skin.  

I agree with that assessment.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,073

Who doesn't need orcs?

• Dangit, now I wanna put some orcs in a retro-future near-present-day sort of world, doing mundane stuff like buying a new computer.... or a raygun.