Why do I need an ORC?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,869

so an orchid is an orc in disguise?

I always thought they were creepy flowers

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452
    edited March 2023

well, they were cheaper yesterday. The banner fell off.  

Post edited by daveso on
  • I do need orcs... but not these orcs. I need handsome and pretty orcs for romance novel covers! Although to be fair, DAZ orcs have never given me this out of the box. I've had to modify figures a ton to get what I need.

(These aren't pure renders -- there's some photostock in the backgrounds, and a bit of overpainting as well. But the orcs are all made in DAZ.)

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 862
    edited March 2023

sarahwaitestx said:

I do need orcs... but not these orcs. I need handsome and pretty orcs for romance novel covers! Although to be fair, DAZ orcs have never given me this out of the box. I've had to modify figures a ton to get what I need.

(These aren't pure renders -- there's some photostock in the backgrounds, and a bit of overpainting as well. But the orcs are all made in DAZ.)

Oh, these are super cute and nice! Wow, I never knew there's such a thing as orc romance novels. The world is a mystery! surprise 

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189

WendyLuvsCatz said:

so an orchid is an orc in disguise?

I always thought they were creepy flowers

Creepy flowers are not so bad.  Less disturbing than creepy followers.indecision 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019

No one here should be caught Orcless.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2023

I'm not into Orcs, or fantasy in general. But I'm sure it'll float someone's boat.

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • SapphireBlue -- Orc romances are part of the growing "monster romance" trend. The lady orc is the cover art for Lila Gwynn's The Orc and Her Bride (lesbian orc romance), and the orc dude was a cover for one of Sue Mercury's orc books. She ended up switching to a close cropped green manchest, which I'm not upset about -- probably fits her audience better!

decided I dont need another orc

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

I own several orcs, goblins and so on, but didn't have much call to use them until I started doing Shadowrun-themed renders.

• Those are very nice looking, remind me of Skyrim orcs, but for Iray I wanted something slightly less beautified and I managed this with Daz Orc 8 very much to my requirements.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

They have an extra versatility because they don't all have the obligatory tusks that are a big "no no" for me (I have never liked that aesthetic even as a child - always looked so dumb to me)... having optional tusks is by far the best way to go, so even I have bought some of them.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

You need an orc because how else are you going to render the classic "Orc and pretty white girl sitting at a bus shelter next to a sewer entrance", the most DAZ of all DAZ images since NVIATWS.

I'm tired of all these orcs.  What we need are some norcs, possibly some exorcs, but we particularlily need a good example of an andc.enlightened.

edited March 2023

an orc chestra

need to convert Protozoon's poses to G9

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

an orc chestra

now that is clever and creative thinking laugh 

edited March 2023

daveso said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

an orc chestra

now that is clever and creative thinking laugh 

bit naughty as it's not my art cheeky but damned handy for getting what you asked for with a prompt

and giving ideas for a render

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,073

sarahwaitestx said:

SapphireBlue -- Orc romances are part of the growing "monster romance" trend. The lady orc is the cover art for Lila Gwynn's The Orc and Her Bride (lesbian orc romance), and the orc dude was a cover for one of Sue Mercury's orc books. She ended up switching to a close cropped green manchest, which I'm not upset about -- probably fits her audience better!

Orcs are also very useful for LitRPG book cover. And of course fantasy. 

I'm surprised that they can play instruments.  And here with all their spikes and spines I'd thought that it would have been orcward for them.indecision

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,746

And Orks are versatile ... it doesn't take much to turn them into Oni   (If memory serves, V4 base)

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

Today's Orc, Krugan HD, reminds me of the Reman Viceroy from Star Trek: Nemesis. I don't know how, I think it's the teeth: https://intl.startrek.com/database_article/viceroy

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

I'm surprised that they can play instruments.  And here with all their spikes and spines I'd thought that it would have been orcward for them.indecision

Haven't you ever heard of an orc-hestra?
  • bytescapes said:

You need an orc because how else are you going to render the classic "Orc and pretty white girl sitting at a bus shelter next to a sewer entrance", the most DAZ of all DAZ images since NVIATWS.

LOL! I guess we then have to look forward to more NVIABSWAO.laugh 

the end

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

daveso said:

the end

Is that an attempt to terminate this thread, and move it to the orchives?

Diomede said:

daveso said:

the end

Is that an attempt to terminate this thread, and move it to the orchives?

it was more an end to the 5 day orc sale which a lot of people were complaining about, but if the thread ends, sure. unless more discussion on orcs happens. I know I checked my orc inventroy and I have a few already.  

orcwardly retreats 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I hope I don't sound racist but all Orcs look pretty much the same to me. But if I ever need one, I already have a bunch of fantasy morphs from previous generations and probably picked up some full Orcs I've never used when on sale. But really, how many Orcs does one need? Why not just have one with a bunch of morphs and skins? 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

Wonderland said:

I hope I don't sound racist but all Orcs look pretty much the same to me. But if I ever need one, I already have a bunch of fantasy morphs from previous generations and probably picked up some full Orcs I've never used when on sale. But really, how many Orcs does one need? Why not just have one with a bunch of morphs and skins? 

I am sure an orc would counter that with "How many humans does one need", I mean they basically all look the same, so just buy one and change the morphs and skins a bit. 

edited March 2023

the Orc HD 8. I like him. Now to create the hordes. 

orc1.jpg
    1200 x 973 - 1M
    Post edited by daveso on