Why do I need an ORC?

davesodaveso Posts: 6,437

That is the question. A G9 male and female orc ... It might be for the skin textures. They look pretty decent. I have quite a few Matari3D products and characters..they are overall really nice. 
But orcs ... I have a couple already which I rarely use. The sale pricing on the 2 current bundles isn't too bad actually, both come in at under $10 ... 84% off, so pricing cant get too much better for a new release. Two small bundles for $18. Do I need some orcs? Especially G9 orcs? Could this be the stepping stone to the 9 generation? 

Someone slap me silly and wake me from this dream. Or is it a sign. 

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

A nice break from all the pretty white girls.

I have soft spot for orcs, and I especially like Norba. With orange banner the bundle comes out to $9.33 for me and I can't pass it up.

• MachineClawMachineClaw Posts: 137

you cannot have a ORC Horde if you don't have everything!  you must buy and complete and have everything.  joking.

if you have Orcs for other Gensis 3 or 8 do you use Gensis 9?  nice to have native G9 morphs and skins nativly then having to buy converters and morph movers or clones, etc.  makes sences for effeciency sake if you use G9.

1st price.  in 6 months it will be in the bargin bin or flash sales.  everything is offered cheaper later on, sometimes it just take a while.

why don't you pull up the Orcs you have purchased and see if you need any of the new featurs and do a pro and con list, is it something you NEED to complete something or a render, or just having the retail therapy purchase addication.  only you can anser that.

I totaled up the products used in my last render and what I actually paid for the products (all discounted prurchases).  my render cost me $85.00.

I think you are shopping for validatioin to purchse something, so sure, buy it, buy everything LOL.  There ya go. hahaha.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

I would guess there is a large user base that does Orc renders and animations, same with pirate stuff, cyberpunk and Egyptian items, LOL It's probably past time for a new round of Native American items and characters

Me, I just check the store daily for new G9 heels and dforce hair, LOL

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

There is a large audience of adult image creators who use orcs.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited March 2023
    daveso said:

:slap: shnap out of it!
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    edited March 2023

OP, you need more orcs.  I need more orcs.  We all need more orcs.  Orcs are popular in fantasy adventure literature.  Orcs are popular in tabletop dice-based role-playing games.  Orcs are popular in computer games.  Orcs are popular in fantasy art.  ... Get me the engine room.  Scotty, I need more orcs in 10 minutes or we are all dead! ...

Gabrielle Huston asserts these are the best images of orcs to be found, but I know we can all do better.

orcs.jpg
    1204 x 851 - 209K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,437

Timbales said:

daveso said:

:slap: shnap out of it!

thank you :)

edited March 2023

Diomede said:

OP, you need more orcs.  I need more orcs.  We all need more orcs.  Orcs are popular in fantasy adventure literature.  Orcs are popular in tabletop dice-based role-playing games.  Orcs are popular in computer games.  Orcs are popular in fantasy art.  ... Get me the engine room.  Scotty, I need more orcs in 10 minutes or we are all dead! ...

Yes! We also need more goblins. Pathfinder style–big head, sharp teeth and a mad glint in their eyes. And kobolds and gremlins too. I could go on.

Post edited by lou_harper on

Diomede said:

Gabrielle Huston asserts these are the best images of orcs to be found, but I know we can all do better.

I'm sure there are better ones. I've been around orcs for a long time..Warcraft the beginning for sure. I was trying to find what game was the first with orcs. I always thought they were cool. LOR movies really had them looking good. I like the one for G8M by Josh Crockett for sure.  

• MachineClawMachineClaw Posts: 137

Warcraft Orcs VS Humans original.  Zug Zug I would love to!.  Stop touching me! Oh alright.

FOR THE HORDE!

• I don't remember if they are translated in english or other languages but if you guys like orcs, there is a serie of french comics about them, already  20 volumes.

Couv_311781.jpg
    850 x 1179 - 305K
    edited March 2023

an orc horde according to stable diffusion 1.5 AI

orc horde 2.jpg
    900 x 655 - 346K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731

daveso said:

Useful I guess if you want your dream to turn into a nightmare. 

edited March 2023

one more AI just because.  AI, unless you really know how to use prompts, puts out some real vague results ... I still like the overall feel, and I doubt I could do something even remotely similar in DS. 

swarming orcs.jpg
    1200 x 873 - 475K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,371

@daveso, please don't take this personally, but could we maybe try to keep the AI stuff to the AI thread? It's already the most active thread here atm I think, and you know I'm sure that the issue is really quite controversial. I'd like to limit my blood pressure spikes if at all possible by staying away from the whole subject as far as I can. But if it pops up in other threads as well now, then my strategy is doomed ,.. pretty please?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

"Why do I need an orc?" is a question only you can answer.

edited March 2023

tsroemi said:

@daveso, please don't take this personally, but could we maybe try to keep the AI stuff to the AI thread? It's already the most active thread here atm I think, and you know I'm sure that the issue is really quite controversial. I'd like to limit my blood pressure spikes if at all possible by staying away from the whole subject as far as I can. But if it pops up in other threads as well now, then my strategy is doomed ,.. pretty please?

understand.

Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

tsroemi said:

understand. it was in the theme of my original post. why do i need an orc... obviously AI doesn;t do it for me. ... for you either, obviously.  

yes laugh 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited March 2023

apparently DAZ+ members need an orc

I certainly don't

and after doing the maths on buying something each week to get the weekly freebie I realised I am spending way too much here

I actually bought the G8 orc recently and he will do

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

tsroemi said:

Agreed!!!

• Scar 8 is as close to an orc as my 'pretty white girls' can cope with, and even then they can barely manage. So, I don't need an orc. Nor do they. Can't say if you need any.

Imo, everyone needs an orc.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

The Warcraft Orks are the best. Do you need an Ork. No, this is a hobby you don't need any of it. LOL

• lou_harper said:

Very cute. But still don't need an orc. :)  

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

A, B, OR C ... OR C ... ORC - It's obviously the 3rd option but that's often the right answer on multiple choice quizes*

*Disclaimer: This statistic has not been fact-checked.

lou_harper said:

Oh wow, such a cool scene! Why don't we get stuff like this, like the orc kids and poses for sweet orc family scenes? Why always same old, same old, gruntey gruntey, bitey bitey? LOVE this render! 

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

Orcs aren't real. Nobody needs Orcs.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

Everyone needs orcs to satisfy our inner Saruman!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173

alienarea said:

Orcs aren't real. Nobody needs Orcs.

Ah, ha!  Somebody sees the elephant in the room.yes