Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.1.69, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• the_deCodedMANthe_deCodedMAN Posts: 41
    edited December 2023

Was unable to login, even after changing my PW and then uninstalling and re-downloading.

Then it spontaneously allowed me to login once more... but now it refuses to download the recently purchased assets; they all just say "retry" after every attempt.

Edited to add: Back to failed login again.

Post edited by the_deCodedMAN on
  • Good to know it's not my new computer.  I'll keep monitoring and try again later.

• edited December 2023

After changing my password it let me login to DIM once or twice before the error came back. I can't login from Daz Studio at all. Was working fine yesterday. This is kinda silly.

Post edited by The 13th Ghost Bunny on
  • Same as above comment; I am no longer allowed to log in.  It does not recognize my name, password or eMail.  This is being worked on, I assume.

• Dr Fork said:

Same as above comment; I am no longer allowed to log in.  It does not recognize my name, password or eMail.  This is being worked on, I assume.

Yes.

• I've just ordered a couple of products on the shop and it's freezed at the order processing screen. I imagine this may also be related to the login problems somehow.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,476

jumbotron.nkna said:

I've just ordered a couple of products on the shop and it's freezed at the order processing screen. I imagine this may also be related to the login problems somehow.

I just tested and mine went through ok but mine was with store credit. What payment are you trying to use?

• DIM is up and running now.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 48
    edited December 2023

frank0314 said:

jumbotron.nkna said:

I've just ordered a couple of products on the shop and it's freezed at the order processing screen. I imagine this may also be related to the login problems somehow.

I just tested and mine went through ok but mine was with store credit. What payment are you trying to use?

Hey, thanks for the input. I always pay via Paypal. It's been on the order processing screen for like one hour or so. But in the end the order has processed just fine. :)

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • "A watched pot never boils"

Went away and did other stuff and now DIM seems to be working fine.

• Yeah, both DIM and DS are logging in fine for me now. smiley

• It's working now!  Thanks for fixing it so quick.  Have a great new year!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,795

Did the DIM server just go down? I was using it fine and then started to work on another computer after closing it on the first and it won't log in.

• ElorElor Posts: 755

I'm able to log in and to download something.

• I've just logged in.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,795

Yeah, found out my older computer decided to 'brain fart' and logged me out of all ability to connect to the internet. Just rebooted and DIM is now handshaking okay. This is one reason I bought that new laptop. Just finished moving my old files from its external hard drive and was going to make another catch-up of new purchases. 

Sorry to jump the gun. Cats got me up at 2:15am and coffee hasn't kicked fully in.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,293

Sorry to jump the gun. Cats got me up at 2:15am and coffee hasn't kicked fully in.

Know the feeling my three started the TurboKitty 500 at 0300 

Where does DIM keep the installed products list and can it be edited?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Robert Freise said:

Where does DIM keep the installed products list and can it be edited?

In the ManifestFiles folder (the location is shown in Basic Settings), one file for each installed package.  If you remove a file that package will no longer show as installed in DIM (the files will still be there, however, so if you reinstall with DIM, DIM will think there's another non-DIM-installed product that uses them.  If the content folder only has DIM-installed products, this can be corrected under Advanced Settings > Installation, right-click on the content folder and choose "Fix Installed File Registry".)

edited January 1

Thanks but that didn't do what I needed

I have two Carrara products that DIM won't install so I had to do it manually and need to put them on the installed list so that DIM will stop trying to install them

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,273
    edited January 19

Once again, DIM showed those 63 bogus updates in the Ready to Download tab. Why do errors like this keep recurring?

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Once again, DIM showed those 63 bogus updates in the Ready to Download tab. Why do errors like this keep recurring?

Technically, ifd the GUID in the local manifest file is different from the GUID obtianed from the server then that is listed as an update. That doesn't, of course, explain why it is happening. I didn't see this last night and don't see it now, either ebcause I don't have the products or because there is something local affecting the GUIDs on your system. Do you delete or keep the .dsx files that go with the zips (not the ones in the manifests folder for installed products)?

edited January 19

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Technically, ifd the GUID in the local manifest file is different from the GUID obtianed from the server then that is listed as an update. That doesn't, of course, explain why it is happening. I didn't see this last night and don't see it now, either ebcause I don't have the products or because there is something local affecting the GUIDs on your system. Do you delete or keep the .dsx files that go with the zips (not the ones in the manifests folder for installed products)?

I keep the dsx files that go with the zip files. The 63 bogus updates will appear and then disappear later (when DIM is refreshed). Then some weeks later, the whole thing will happen again.

Edit to add: Why would they change the product GUID for an update?

Is there anything these 63 items have in common?  Are they items you've installed, or hidden, or excluded by your download filters?

Fixmypcmike said:

Is there anything these 63 items have in common?  Are they items you've installed, or hidden, or excluded by your download filters?

They were all items previously installed, I think. I don't think any were hidden or excluded by filters. Many of them were the individual download files in the Mechasar Mega Add-Ons Pack 1. Others were old products that hadn't had a real update in years. I thought I took a screenshot of part of the list that fit on my screen, but I must not have saved it.

Does the Mega Pack have both 22 individual installers and one big one with everything?  Did you install them all anyway?  And some really old products have more than one SKU.  That doesn't explain why they woud appear and disappear, but it might be significant.

There are only individual installers for Mechasar Mega Add-Ons Pack 1. There is no overall installer to install it all. There is nothing in the package names to tie them together as part of one purchased product. When installed, Daz Studio lumps all of them together into one product. I did install them all, even though I don't own the required product for all of them.

edited January 20

I found the screenshot I had taken of some of the 63 bogus updates that show up and then disappear in DIM. I had saved it to the wrong folder, so I couldn't find it later. (I'm sick, so I am extra grumpy and operating at less that optimum skill level.) Here I had scrolled down past the Mechasar stuff to the end of the list with ancient products pretending to have been updated.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 200049.jpg
    1029 x 1400 - 293K
  • I have quite a few of those and haven't seen any additional updates for them, so that makes it even odder. Are they installed or just downloaded (many of them I don't have installed, and none through DIM - except the filters, of coruse).

Richard Haseltine said:

I have quite a few of those and haven't seen any additional updates for them, so that makes it even odder. Are they installed or just downloaded (many of them I don't have installed, and none through DIM - except the filters, of coruse).

Every item in the screenshot is installed with DIM. I agree that there have been no real updates for them. I don't know any reason they should appear in the Ready to Download tab or why they should later disappear from that tab without me downloading them again. Even stranger, this has happened multiple times over the course of months.