Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

SofaCitizen said:

Sorry, I'm late to the party yet again :(  I did start this one a while ago but got a bit stuck halfway through and only managed to get back to it this week so just about sneaking in before the deadline.

Postcards to Dad #06 : Paris

Hi Dad!

As usual things have been so hectic this month - a new city means so many more things to see and do!  We've been up the Eiffel Tower and round the Louvre, Notre-Dame cathederal and so many other places.  However, when it came to selecting the photo for this postcard I had to use this one.  We were just having a bit of lunch after a shopping trip when a friend from our hotel was walking by and took this quick snap.  It wasn't until I saw it later that I noticed the guy proposing in the background - at the time we were so caught up in our conversation... and the wine!  It reminded me of the story you told me about when you proposed to Mum and so it seemed the perfect choice.

Thinking of you, Penny xox

WHAT a perfect postcard SofaCitizen ... I find I am really enjoying the trip with the girls.  I wonder what they will visit next :) Thanks for keeping up with the challenge... I was late too this month... shhhhh

nattaruk said:

Memories of Sailing to France

Decades ago I had a friend who owned a small yacht which we occasionnally sailed across the channel to various French ports. This render is based on my memories of Honfleur which had a lot of very old buildings near the quay.

(3Delight & Gimp)

A Last Minute Rush™ Production.

Although I am not a big cheese fan... I do like the idea of cheese and wine on a boat... lol.  This is a wonderful 'snapshot' of a beautiful place.  Thanks for sharing your adventure with us nattaruk!

ok gang... we are half way through the year and I am enjoying 'traveling the world' with you all!  JULY = Montreal, Canada... Let's get on the plane and head to Canada!  Wishing you all a safe trip!  Mee'cha there!

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,251
    edited July 2023

I am taking the slow boat. I have not sailed in the Atlantic Ocean. Pacific Ocean I have been sailing on.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

I am taking the slow boat. I have not sailed in the Atlantic Ocean. Pacific Ocean I have been sailing on.

That's ok... you have 31 days (in July) to get there!  lol

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,614

Llola Lane said:

WHAT a perfect postcard SofaCitizen ... I find I am really enjoying the trip with the girls.  I wonder what they will visit next :) Thanks for keeping up with the challenge... I was late too this month... shhhhh

Thanks :)  I am enjoying making these even tho by adding the extra sub-theme to my entries it does mean a few extra restrictions/challenges in addition to some benefits. I do have the beginnings of an idea for this month but will have to think about it for a bit due to less available/affordable assets on offer.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

Canada in Carrara or bust!  laugh

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Thanks :)  I am enjoying making these even tho by adding the extra sub-theme to my entries it does mean a few extra restrictions/challenges in addition to some benefits. I do have the beginnings of an idea for this month but will have to think about it for a bit due to less available/affordable assets on offer.

I hear ya... ditto ;)

Stezza said:

Canada in Carrara or bust!  laugh

YAY Stezza... you are our first artwork for the month... A Canadian Mountie???  I think that's what they are called.  Love the cartoon look.  Thanks for starting us off!

Knock... knock... Have you all left me???  half way through the month and we need more Canadian artwork please :)

I'm still in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,095

I got stuck at the Vegreville Egg, Alberta, having camped withing 100m of it once in 1987.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vegreville_egg_large.jpg

One of only two places I couldn't communicate with the locals. Vegreville because I spoke no Ukrainian & in Missisauga nect to Toronto where I spoke no Italian. The Vegreville campsite had what looks like a disused railway going through it. At 2am I discovered my head was about 8ft away from a locomotive whose horn could be heard for 10 miles and it was drowned out by the engine noise when 3 locos tried to get a 3 mile train moving again after stopping at a red signal. And the trains came, stopped and re-started hourly through the night.

Regards,

Richard

Llola Lane said:

Knock... knock... Have you all left me???  half way through the month and we need more Canadian artwork please :)

Sorry, there will be one before the month is over but currently working on another thing for one of the fortnightly contests which is taking longer than I expected. I am so slow :(

AgitatedRiot said:

Lucky you Agi... :)  Enjoy your vacation.  We'll be here when ya git back!  Hugzzzzzzzzzz

richardandtracy said:

I got stuck at the Vegreville Egg, Alberta, having camped withing 100m of it once in 1987.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vegreville_egg_large.jpg

One of only two places I couldn't communicate with the locals. Vegreville because I spoke no Ukrainian & in Missisauga nect to Toronto where I spoke no Italian. The Vegreville campsite had what looks like a disused railway going through it. At 2am I discovered my head was about 8ft away from a locomotive whose horn could be heard for 10 miles and it was drowned out by the engine noise when 3 locos tried to get a 3 mile train moving again after stopping at a red signal. And the trains came, stopped and re-started hourly through the night.

Regards,

Richard

EEppppppppp.... WHAT a wake up call!  We live by railroad tracks about a mile up the road... I can hear the clickty clack when a train goes by but luckily no horns are allowed to blow these days... whew... Closest thing I can imagine is living by Hopkins airport when a plane when over.  Don't even bother listening to the TV or having a conversation... We would sit til the plane went by... then continue talking... ughhh... I was nervwracking... ughhhh

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Lucky you Agi... :)  Enjoy your vacation.  We'll be here when ya git back!  Hugzzzzzzzzzz

So the captain says we will make Nova Scotia a day or two, then cross the Minganie-Le Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent..and transfer to a river boat up the river to travel down to the City of Montreal.

I decided to stay on as a crew member. I will not be attending.

AgitatedRiot said:

I decided to stay on as a crew member. I will not be attending.

Looks like a photograph Agi... Well done... I love cruising... but I prefer dry land over water ;) 

I guess I'm loosing you all... I'm working on an idea... Hope to have it posted in a day or so... Anyone gonna join me in Canada???  We have 5 more days.

Sorry, still hoping to join before the end of the month, although probably should have come up with a different idea for the scene. Did finally find one of the assets that I needed for $2 - but, as you can imagine for $2 you don't get good stuff. It's mostly naked, has geometry that is in the wrong place, insists that XYZ origin is WAAAAAY off-grid and will probably involve a lot of work to make up for it's short-comings. Hopefully will be able to do something with it but if not then I'll try and come up with a plan B on the weekend.

Llola Lane said:

I guess I'm loosing you all... I'm working on an idea... Hope to have it posted in a day or so... Anyone gonna join me in Canada???  We have 5 more days.

I have health concerns. I was misdiagnosed. It wasn't pleurisy. My heart is beating slowly and causing quite a few problems. Chest pains, Confusion and memory problems, Dizziness, Fatigue, I'm a mess right now.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Last Minute Productions™ are still here! I first posted to Llola's thread back in July 2016...

Canada

I originally wanted to do a cheerful render about Mounties and Lumberjacks but all I could think about was the fires.

(3Delight, Fotosketcher & Gimp)

Take care all.

AgitatedRiot said:

I have health concerns. I was misdiagnosed. It wasn't pleurisy. My heart is beating slowly and causing quite a few problems. Chest pains, Confusion and memory problems, Dizziness, Fatigue, I'm a mess right now.

Sorry to hear that. I've had pleurisy before so I know that is not fun so if you are having similar symptoms along with all the rest then that is a lot to deal with :(

Wishing you a more acurate diagnosis and a speedy recovery.

nattaruk said:

Last Minute Productions™ are still here! I first posted to Llola's thread back in July 2016...

Canada

I originally wanted to do a cheerful render about Mounties and Lumberjacks but all I could think about was the fires.

Take care all.

Great image, nattaruk, you can just imagine the mixture of despair and determination that Fire Fighter would be thinking.

AgitatedRiot said:

Sorry to hear that. I've had pleurisy before so I know that is not fun so if you are having similar symptoms along with all the rest then that is a lot to deal with :(

Wishing you a more acurate diagnosis and a speedy recovery.

Thank you.

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Oh my Agi... I sure hope you get better soon.  Thanks for keeping us posted... Sending prayers for your ticker ;)  Hugzzzzzzz

nattaruk said:

Canada

Take care all.

This is wonderful nattaruk ... I'm glad you posted it... They need lots of rain... Hope they get it soon to put the fires out.  (cough)...

SofaCitizen said:

Sorry, still hoping to join before the end of the month, although probably should have come up with a different idea for the scene. Did finally find one of the assets that I needed for $2 - but, as you can imagine for $2 you don't get good stuff. It's mostly naked, has geometry that is in the wrong place, insists that XYZ origin is WAAAAAY off-grid and will probably involve a lot of work to make up for it's short-comings. Hopefully will be able to do something with it but if not then I'll try and come up with a plan B on the weekend.

I'm running late also... Hope to have mine ready soon.  We still have a few more days.  (fingers crossed you get yours posted too SofaCitizen)

edited July 2023

JULY = MONTREAL, CANADA

This is a little different than what I wanted... but what I wanted would have taken too long... lol.

If hubby and I ever get to Montreal, Canada we will definately visit the Botanical Gardens... This sculptures was from 2013 but I've read they move around to different gardens throughout the world.  From what I've seen of the Montreal Gardens... it would take days to see it all!  What a wonderfully magical place it must be :) 

ENJOY!

MONTREAL CANADA BOTABICAL GARDENS DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 229K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Llola Lane said:

JULY = MONTREAL, CANADA

This is a little different than what I wanted... but what I wanted would have taken too long... lol.

If hubby and I ever get to Montreal, Canada we will definately visit the Botanical Gardens... This sculptures was from 2013 but I've read they move around to different gardens throughout the world.  From what I've seen of the Montreal Gardens... it would take days to see it all!  What a wonderfully magical place it must be :) 

ENJOY!

Lovelly image, Llola, that looks like a very beautiful place :) 

My only visit to Montreal was unfortunately only passing through and so I never got to see much of it other than the inside of the coach terminal. If I ever make it back properly I will add the botanical gardens on to the todo list too!