Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Comments

• Db3d said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The latest game build seems not to like dForce, at least. Try rolling back to the Studio driver if you can.

I've had this crop up a couple of times with BOTH the studio and gaming build during the last few weeks. 

Talking to a guy at At Home technical support (a local PC support provider), he said if you are using the Studio version, not to install NVIDIA GeForce Experience, and if you have it installed uninstall it, and to always make sure you're manually installing the Studio version as a clean install.

That said, neither the latest Studio or Gaming one was working when I would run dForce.   My question to you Richard is, is DAZ addressing these issues with recent driver udpates?

When I posted that the Studio Driver was older than the game ready driveer and did not have the issue. It has since been updated and now does, so you need an older driver for either track.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

touji_ayanami said:

The error persist throug drivers version 526.47. So for now I'm simulating stuff in my processor IGPU. I hope they fix it soon, I don't want to run old drivers since I also play games.

I hope we don't get to the point where we have to upgrade to the latest NVIDIA driver version in order to render in Iray and downgrade to version 517.X when we need to simulate with dForce.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,844

jag11 said:

touji_ayanami said:

The error persist throug drivers version 526.47. So for now I'm simulating stuff in my processor IGPU. I hope they fix it soon, I don't want to run old drivers since I also play games.

I hope we don't get to the point where we have to upgrade to the latest NVIDIA driver version in order to render in Iray and downgrade to version 517.X when we need to simulate with dForce.

The minimum driver version for Iray rendering on DS is still 471. 41. When ever the drivers are updated, one should first find out what's changed, if it has any effect on one self and if the early adapters have had problems with it.
    It's the opposite of smart to just update the drivers immediatelly once there is a new version.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7755976/#Comment_7755976

• I have a 3060. I had issues with both of the latest nVidia drivers. I rolled back to 517 Studio and I still have issues with dForce. I'm currently a frustrated turd monger. I can't run dForce at all on a couple of scenes b/c some elements cause issues with different drivers. Once I realized it isn't isolated to the drivers but also has issues with specific scene items, I stopped troubleshooting b/c I'm just not going to go through my entire library figuring out what works and doesn't. I do this as a hobby not an additional job.

Rants will continue until morale improves. I feel slightly better.

• Also, found this in the nVidia support forum. Maybe helps. Maybe doesn't. I felt better. See previous post...

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

• jag11 said:

touji_ayanami said:

That would horrible, but seeing how things with software and hardware is going we will need a PC for simulating dForce, one for rendering on Iray, and one for compositing the scenes.

• RenhaRenha Posts: 11

PerttiA said:

TesseractSpace said:

Is there a way to get Studio Driver 517.40 now that they're up to 522.30?

The link to Nvidia driver download can always be found in this thread; https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/568121/daz-studio-pro-4-21-0-x-nvidia-iray#latest

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

For some reason after following any link in the thread and selecting the product, I could only download the latest version (i.e. broken)...

• hansolocambo said:

it won't let me uninstall it ....

What's "it" ? What doesn't let you uninstall video drivers. There's no reason for that I can think of ?

Revert to the previous Gamer Ready Driver version (517.48) or install the Studio Driver, as you are less likely to encounter problems with these updates.

Game Ready Driver 517.48 :

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/517.48/517.48-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Studio Driver 517.40 :

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/517.40/517.40-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql.exe

That worked for me thanks.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,844

Renha said:

PerttiA said:

TesseractSpace said:

Is there a way to get Studio Driver 517.40 now that they're up to 522.30?

The link to Nvidia driver download can always be found in this thread; https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/568121/daz-studio-pro-4-21-0-x-nvidia-iray#latest

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

For some reason after following any link in the thread and selecting the product, I could only download the latest version (i.e. broken)...

You need to go to "Beta and Older Drivers" 

NvidiaDrivers.JPG
    502 x 220 - 29K
  • Same here, many posters stated this has something to do with Nvidia's latest drive, but they released a new one 2 days ago, doesn't seem to resolve the problem, so it may not be driver related.  

• just to adde my 2 cents driver version 526.47 fails on dforce. Was fine until i upgraded to this version.

• ThorneThorne Posts: 169

Unfortunately I use my graphics card for some other things besides DAZ Studio (shock, I know) and these things require the NVIDIA driver to be updated. Stuck in no-Dforce limbo until it's fixed. Funny how new technology makes you wonder how you ever got along with old technology. 

• OnnelOnnel Posts: 22

Game ready driver 526.86 still broken

• Onnel said:

Game ready driver 526.86 still broken

Yes, the release notes show the bug iss till open https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/504074/-/ - Daz is seeking clarification.

• At least there is a workaround but it's getting so annoying. MS Flight Sim runs better with the new drivers but kill dForce. I basically have to install 5.17 when I want to use Daz and then reinstall the new ones when I want to game. Was excited when I saw a new driver out today but...nope.

• jayjay Posts: 7

I also had this issue on Win 10 x64 w/ RTX 2070 and resolved it. The latest drivers (both studio and game ready) were the cause.

I wen back to 517.40 driver and for me, uninstall was technically not required. All I did was downlaod the previous version (studio driver) extract and install it over the newer one then reboot to be sure all of the bad driver was completely cleared from RAM. 

• I did a fresh install of Nvidia game ready driver 526.86 W10/W11 64 bit version. The OpenGl issue is still there! So I'll rollback to 517.48

• This is really annoying as it's been multiple nVidia updates since this bug happened, and I'm still getting the error with my 3080ti. I'm now at a point where I need to choose the gaming benefits or dforce. It's sill that after 3 or 4 updates nVidia still hasn't resolved the issue. I'm guessing it's not high priority.

• I can confirm the problem is present with the new 526.86 WQHL nVidia driver.

As I'm using a RTX 4090, I can't rollback to 517.48. I'm quite stuck right now...

And my CPU has no iGPU sad

• The fixed drivers will be released in the middle of next week.

• JurZJurZ Posts: 2

Richard Haseltine said:

The fixed drivers will be released in the middle of next week.

The Fixed Drivers?  As per Broken drivers and they just released a new Driver yesterday thats still broken? They did that knowingly? Fixed Drivers?

• JurZ said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The fixed drivers will be released in the middle of next week.

The Fixed Drivers?  As per Broken drivers and they just released a new Driver yesterday thats still broken? They did that knowingly? Fixed Drivers?

Fixes take time to implement, and most companies will prioritise by impact (how many people are affected and how badly) and risk (how great a risk there is of knock-on effects). With the new hardware (4090) to support I would imagine that there were a lot of general issues needing attention, while this OpenCL issue is probably rather more niche.

• OnnelOnnel Posts: 22

Problem is finally fixed on the latest drivers.

• Gandalf, Gandalf! It works!

Well, on GameReady Driver, but still. :3

• Rolling back to 517 resolved the issue in mid Jan 2023...

• constantstateofawesome_2e62b25cdc said:

Rolling back to 517 resolved the issue in mid Jan 2023...

The newer drivers have been working too, for a few months now - it's just a clump in the middle that don't.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,459
    edited February 2023

I'm still getting the unknown clflush error. I was using the January Studio drivers but got the error so I updated to the latest (528.49) and am still getting the error. As this has been happening since October 22 is there any expectation of a fix soon?

Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (Device 0)

DAZ Studio Public Build 4.21.1.29

Post edited by marble on
  • marble said:

I'm still getting the unknown clflush error. I was using the January Studio drivers but got the error so I updated to the latest (528.49) and am still getting the error. As this has been happening since October 22 is there any expectation of a fix soon?

Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (Device 0)

If you search the page https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8027211/#Comment_8027211 for dforce you may find some understanding. Try a clean installation of a suitable driver version.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,459
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

marble said:

If you search the page https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8027211/#Comment_8027211 for dforce you may find some understanding. Try a clean installation of a suitable driver version.

Not sure I follow you Richard. Your link just brings me back here to this page. I always do a clan install of NVidia drivers and I always install the Studio version. There are comments here that the problem was fixed in more recent drivers but clearly it wasn't unless you are suggesting I go back to a pre-October 22 driver?

BTW, this error is not happening with every simulation - I have only seen it on certain clothing. I need to look further because I suspect these are older conforming items that I have added dForce to - I know for certain that at least one of them is.

Post edited by marble on