Camera Magic (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited April 2023

Just checked. If you look at the hair all dials are modifier/shapes not modifier/pose. So they will only remember with Shape Addon.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,710
    edited April 2023

Zev0 said:

Just checked. If you look at the hair all dials are modifier/shapes not modifier/pose. So they will only remember with Shape Addon.

Thanks for checking. I figured it was the hair compatibility.

And snagged the shape add-on with a token discount, now that I know I need it.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Does Camera Magic save dforce simulated hair and/or cloth position? I understand from reading threads here that the addons will allow for saving pose/shape changes applied with dials, but I have scenes that involve wind affected dforce hair and clothing, being able to save the simulated results on a per camera basis would me most welcome!

We will look into similated saved results....We don't know if its possible yet with the script.

• lachilachi Posts: 74

I think that I found another problem, this time with the shape add-on.

There seems to be a problem with the rigging or the bones of the male version of the Lashes Utilities for Genesis 2, 3 and 8 and I don't know how to fix it myself.
    I am a noob when it comes to rigging and bones, I just use the products from the store, so I don't even know what the problem could be but I try to describe it.

1. In an empty scene I add a G8.1M or G8M character and delete the lashes which came with the character.
    2. I select the character and focus on the head, then I create a new camera at the perspective view (Copy Active View: <PerspectiveView>) and in the viewport I change the view to this Camera.
    3. I select the character again and attach the lashes from the product mentioned above.
    4. I select "Lashes Utilities Genesis 8 Male" within "Lashes Utilities Genesis 8 Male Base"
    5. In the Shaping pane I change "Length ALL" to 100% (lashes will be very long now)
    6. With Camera Magic I use "Capture Shape data to camera: 'Camera'" and then "All Rigged Assets"
    7. I use "Disable Camera Magic" and then "Enable Camera Magic"
    8. BOOM, the lashes and the whole rigging has been modified and does not match the character any longer 

If I do the same process with the female version of the Lashes Utilities it works fine, so I am not sure what could be causing this problem or how to fix it.
    Maybe you could help me figure out how to fix it as I would like to use this product for males also.

lachi said:

There seems to be a bug in the pose add-on, it does not remember hidden properties even if those properties have a value. 

I created a scene with this house: https://www.daz3d.com/c3d-neighborhood-xpack-1 and apparently all properties for the doors are hidden except the Y Rotation (Open/Close).

I used "Capture Pose data to camera: XXX" and then "Everything in Scene" but only the Y Rotation was remembered not the actual position of the doors.
    After I went back to the camera all doors got moved to 0,0. 

I didn't notice it immediately and now I have 10 cameras with wrongly positioned doors.
    I guess I have to make all properties visible and then fix each X and Z position for each door in each camera, or is there a quicker fix?

Update submitted-

Fixes issue involving scene objects with hidden transform properties not remembering pose.

edited April 2023

RichardM said:

hello - there's an issue with the workflow im using: the camera gets's reset in location, when attached to something, when loading a camera preset. 

here's my workflow. i've attached a camera to a figure.

1 - change figure pose and location, change scene object's locations, rotation, etc,

2 - give aux viewport (with camera selected) focus and select camera in scene

3-  run magic pose (save ALL objects)

4 - without touching anything else i save the camera preset.

i repeat the process and i save another camera preset.

this works (almost) fine (it's much less of a hassle that duplicating cameras, to me). i can load the presets and the scenes change. easy and perfect.

but there's an issue if the camera is attached to something: when loading a preset, the camera gets unparented from the figure and is sent to another location.

any chance this could be looked into? this worflow works fine (apart from the camera getting unparented and sent somewhere else) and is really easy to makes scenes.

Update submitted-

Fixes issue for when camera is parented to another object or item.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2023

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on

Update is now live.

Hi Zev0, I have four characters in a scene (2 G8.1M, 1 G8M, 1 G8F), but one character's poses (a G8.1M) are not being remembered. The other three characters' poses are changing with each camera change as expected. Have you ever seen something like that?

The aberrant character was the first character I added to the scene. I'll try loading a new character and swapping it out with the aberrant one.

edited June 2023

Hi. Are all characters in scene root or are some in a group or sub folder? 

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited June 2023

Zev0 said:

Hi. Are all characters in scene root or are some in a group or sub folder? 

Yes, they are all in scene root. No groups or folders or parenting. His visibility data also resets to all on with each camera change, even though I turn off the legs/feet & pectorals since these are torso dialogue shots. He's the only character with this issue; the other three are conforming to Camera Magic settings. 

Post edited by xyer0 on
    edited June 2023
    Ok do me a favour..Clear your log, do a remember pose in on camera, switch to a different camera then back and send me the log file.
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Mate, it has fixed itself. (Though I previously deleted shape data from all cameras; the offending character was the only one whose shape data I was saving). I loaded three different cameras, and his pose & visibility settings were exactly how they were meant to be on each of them. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for helping.

Cool man glad it's sorted.
  • is there a limit to the number of cameras?

Hi. We didn't set a limit. Think user rig specs will determine how much scene can handle.

• does it save render settings? or light settings?

No. Just what is visible. So if you have one light showing and one hidden, it will remember that configuration for that camera.

• Hi I had 40 cameras with poses, shapes and visibility on each one. I saved it then closed dazstudio. after i opend the file the next day, my setting are all messed up. some of the visibility isnt working. some of the props are all over the place. and the deph of field on some of the cameras are changed. please help

I think 40 Cameras is way too much. You are bound to run into issues. Personally, I've never used more than 6 in a scene.

I've been averaging 13 cameras to a scene (with 5 scenes done so far). Other than a couple of inexplicable hiccups, Camera Magic is solving my problem.

• Workflow Question.  TL;DR at the bottom:

I have a scene with six total cameras, but only three of them have Camera Magic settings.  In this case, it's two characters arguing laid out something like this:

• Camera (1): Alice speaking, Bob looks suprised.  Camera is from Alice's shoulder.  Camera Magic Setting saved.
    • Camera (2): Same scene but the camera is from Bob's Shoulder.  No Camera Magic settings saved.
    • Camera (3): Bob arguing back, Alice looks angry. Camera is on Alice's Shoulder.  Camera Magic Settings saved.
    • Camera (4): Same scene as (3) but from Bob's Shoulder. No Camera Magic settings saved.
    • Camera (5): Alice retorting.  Bob looks exhasperated.  Camera is on Alice's Shoulder.  Camera Magic Settings saved.
    • Camera (6): Same scene as (5) but from Bob's Shoulder.  No Camera Magic setting saved.

You get the idea.  Every pair of cameras is a single "set" taken from each character's POV.  I try to save time and memory by only saving the first of the pair.  Here's the problem I can run into:

After saving the Camera Magic settings (Let's say for example for Camera (3).  I switch to Camera (4) and "oops!  I have some clipping I can't quite see in Camera (3).  If I fix it, I can not save it to Camera (3) because as soon as I select Camera (3) any posing I made are overwritten.  So far, I've only thought of two possible fixes:

• Use the Aux View port in perspective to fix the issue and then save go back to Camera (3) in the main veiw port and resave it.
    • Erase the Camera Magic settings in Camera (3), make the changes, then resave the Camera Magic settings.

What I can't seem to do is save settings to a camera I'm not actively in without loading any existing settings.

TL;DR:

Can I save settings to a camera different than the one I'm on, or while I'm in a non-camera view such as Perspective?

I'm looking for anything that might be better than the ideas I've come up with.  Thanks in advance for any help, even if it's "Nah, that's about the only fix."

• 42snoopy4242snoopy42 Posts: 21

I've just started using this, I'm wondering if it is possible to have a camera save a "generic" pose for e.g. any G8F based figure (and other versions of figures). My apologies if I'm missing existing  functionality. 

• 42snoopy4242snoopy42 Posts: 21

nvm, all I have to do is rename the node/figure.

• Zev0 said:

Select viewport camera, choose what to hide or be visible in scene tab, make sure you are on the camera before applying script. when you choose a secondary camera, do the same, choose what you want visible or hidden. So now when you switch between the two you no longer have to manually hide what you want to show or be hidden per camera. That is what that statement means. Once you have what each camera has remembered, there is no need to manually edit after that, unless you want to make changes.

Thank you for adding this clarification. I picked up Camera Magic but after watching the youtube video I got to the end and thought "Okay, then what?" Actually reading your description of the process made something "click".

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited October 2023

Hi, @Zev0

I found that shape-add-on product cannot store hidden shape properties of Selected Asset(s) especially for those Auto Follow ones ('cause I have to tweak values of them for fixing things). Auto Follow properties cannot set as Visible, so...

Besides, if there's no Currently Used shape properties, e.g. I reset the shape of a Wearable with one Camera, it could not be stored by the add-on as well, and a messagebox pops up as attached. So I had to give a very small value to one of the shape properties...
    But some items do not have any visible shape properties, so I even had to create one for it. I think a requirement of storing the default or original shape of an Asset / item is pretty common.

Pls confirm these, and I really expect that I can make them done, as default... Many thanks!

SNAG-2023-10-20-0041.png
    272 x 98 - 4K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Hi. With the Shape Addon it's designed to work with dialable visible shape sliders on an item. Will not work on auto follow sliders.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Zev0 said:

Hi. With the Shape Addon it's designed to work with dialable visible shape sliders on an item. Will not work on auto follow sliders.

Thanks for the clarification. I can work it out...anyway.

edited October 2023

NP.yes

Post edited by Zev0 on