Camera Magic (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited July 2022

evacyn said:

Just picked this up and super excited to try it out. Quick question... For your planned add-ons, you wrote: "Camera Magic Pose Addon - Remembers figures pose per camera" Does that mean one character could have different poses per camera? If so, I've been looking for that as an add-on forever :)

Correct. Different pose per camera. Same for the shaping...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115
    edited July 2022

Zev0 said:

Mart1n71 said:

As this has a pop-up dialogue box when opening a scene, can I assume then that it will not be compatible with bulk rendering scripts as the process will stall until camera magic gets the confirmation?

That is correct. We cannot force it to load, we have to ask user permission. We can Dev a none pop up version...

This utility and the proposed add-ons (remembering poses, shapes, and hopefully at some point a way to remember hidden geometry) is incredibly useful. Thank you for making this!

Regarding the use of bulk rendering scripts: I use Render Doctor to render out a series of cameras from the same scene. I imagine others do as well. If you could add an option for "silent" operation, so that there is no pop-up dialogue box to get in the way of bulk rendering, it will make this utility even more useful and magical!

Please add this option!

Post edited by KomodoVR on
    edited July 2022

We have submitted an update with such an option to enable/disable popup.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Preview of Pose Addon.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I'm assuming you can combine poses and clothing, etc?

edited July 2022

Yes you can. The script remembers all pose sliders for clothing, hair, anatomy etc besides just figure pose..

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2022

Preview of Shape Addon.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Camera Magic version 1.1 should be live in store.

• This script is really coming in handy in a large scene (11 characters +) for my visual novel.  Really glad you made this, thank you!

• evacynevacyn Posts: 960

MrRogerSmith said:

This script is really coming in handy in a large scene (11 characters +) for my visual novel.  Really glad you made this, thank you!

I just want to echo this - it's invaluable for graphic novels/comics. I used to loathe having multiple scenes across multiple files. This makes it is so much easier. I can't wait for the pose add-on!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

Will you offer a bundle that includes the basic product and addons?

I want to, but Daz bundle structure has changed. In order to offer a bundle it has to be released same day as all other components. I will see if I can, I did ask for it to be offered when second addon is released.

Thanks for the info. I'll watch for it to see if they comply.

• Do these settings only persist on a whole scene save? Or can they persist in a scene subset that includes the cameras?

This is a great product! Thank you!

barbult said:

Looks like Bundle option was declined.

edited July 2022

josh.pactor said:

Do these settings only persist on a whole scene save? Or can they persist in a scene subset that includes the cameras?

This is a great product! Thank you!

It can be saved to scene subsets, but apon load, won't activate unless you resave magic to one of the camera's refreshing the list. The auto refreshing only works on full scene saves.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Zev0 said:

barbult said:

Looks like Bundle option was declined.

Would a certain discount for existing owners be an option? E.g. I sometimnes get an orange banner stating "because you own <this existong product>, get an extra xx% discount on <this new product>".

edited July 2022

I don't think special discount requests are allowed anymore. Looks like everything is more automated these days. Best thing I can do is ensure the other product elements are on store discount when the addon's are released. I will however ask, but no guarentees. This is in tune as to why I cannot have a bundle release later as well I suppose.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952

I'm trying to figure out (unsuccessfully) how this work so I can decide if I could use it. There don't appear to be a user guide or something.

The instructions are in the promos. There is no need for a userguide. What issues are you having?
    Zev0 said:
    The instructions are in the promos. There is no need for a userguide. What issues are you having?
    I don't like the scheme of ONLY providing instructions in promo images. This tricked me up on another product recently. I don't expect to have to go online and dig through forums or the store to find instructions. I could save a bunch of screenshots and build my own instruction PDF, I suppose, but why should EVERY customer have to do that when the PA could have done it ONCE for everyone.

This depends on the product. The simplicity of application in this product does not warrant a userguide. If I had to make a userguide I would have said the exact same thing I did in the promos. This is also why I provide a support forum for any extended questions, which most PA's do not provide. This way I can assist to a direct question instead of a generic userguide issue.

That was kind of my point. Saying the exact same thing in a user guide that was included in the product files would still be useful to your customers. It would be available when the forum was inaccessible (like happens multiple times per day here). It would be available if you leave the Daz store or archive the product. And I DO appreciate your support in the forums!

Zev0 said:

I've read the instructions in the promos; add or select camera, hide or unhide items in scene, apply camera magic.

The description states "No need to switch cameras and manually hide or show scene items", yet it seems to me one still has to hide or show scene items before applying the magic and saving the scene. I'm just trying to figure out the workflow.

edited July 2022

Select viewport camera, choose what to hide or be visible in scene tab, make sure you are on the camera before applying script. when you choose a secondary camera, do the same, choose what you want visible or hidden. So now when you switch between the two you no longer have to manually hide what you want to show or be hidden per camera. That is what that statement means. Once you have what each camera has remembered, there is no need to manually edit after that, unless you want to make changes.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Ah, got it now. Thank you.

• my computer sometimes chokes when hiding and unhiding a lot of stuff. Will this have the same problems or is it basically instant?

That is a hard question to answer. For me it's pretty instant. Like 1 or 2 seconds. See vid example in first post. You can try it and return product if it is not to your satisfaction speedwise.
  • Zev0 said:

That is a hard question to answer. For me it's pretty instant. Like 1 or 2 seconds. See vid example in first post. You can try it and return product if it is not to your satisfaction speedwise.

Thanks. I understand you probably aren't used to using under powered computers.

• sakrilassakrilas Posts: 10

I just want to say that I've been using Camera Magic for weeks now and I absolutely love it. It's a must-have application. I'm looking forward to the next update (saving Poses). 

Thanks for putting this together