Post edited by Ethin on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,009
    edited March 2023

Moon Dance

Moon Dance 04.jpg
    4096 x 2304 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Well all the "cool kids" are doing Ai, ...so I figured I'd give it a try. Sort of, but Just for "some" post-work, 'cause a 100% Ai image is not my thing.

I have trouble even looking at 100 proof Ai, even if I don't know its Ai at the time, all the alarm bells in my subconscious and gut still go off. (Sitting on the bridge of a Star Destroyer, ear splitting alarms wailing, blinding warning lights flashing, the commander and crew freaking out and running in circles. Admiral Ackbar playing on a loop somewhere "It's a trap!". Me, over in the corner "Will you all just shut up! I'm trying to enjoy my waifu here!")

lol Sorry about the nerdy exposition.

Anyway I really like how the "postwork" came out but the Ai part was missing the creative excitement and satisfaction I get from other mediums. Not something I'll be doing often, and not every image would be a good fit for it anyway.

The original image, slightly reworked for this purpose.

Ai + postwork

I got a different model that I thought would complement the style of my renders more and was trying it out on the same render from my last post. You know how the AI does some crazy stuff to your image if you give it to much freedom?

About the only thing left from the original image is the lighting angle. I know I wouldn't be able to get it to generate something like this on purpose. A random outlier that only existed for one step. Fleeting beauty, there for only a moment then gone forever.

Some people say that AI is evil and of the devil. I agree! Just look these, (nightmare fuel aside) my brain is melting from cuteness overload. I could waste my life having it generate new images or exploring the infinite variations of of just one image. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

No, I'm not planing on replacing D|S and AIko with Stable Diffusion, but it might replace Pinterest. I may start posting a few heavily photoshopped AI images now and then.

Now, how do I make A3 as cute?indecision

AI Kawaii.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 2M
  • Hmm. There are some terrible images there. But. it definitely has learnt a fair bit about creating images. I'd hope the ones where the torso grows from a table, or shoulders, and a loose head floats around become less common as time progresses.

As for getting A3 to look like that... How is your sculpting? You now have images to copy..

Having all the sculpting ability of a house brick, it's not something I can do. Wish I could, then I'd create JCM corrective morphs for my favourite characters.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

Hmm. There are some terrible images there. But. it definitely has learnt a fair bit about creating images. I'd hope the ones where the torso grows from a table, or shoulders, and a loose head floats around become less common as time progresses.

As for getting A3 to look like that... How is your sculpting? You now have images to copy..

Having all the sculpting ability of a house brick, it's not something I can do. Wish I could, then I'd create JCM corrective morphs for my favourite characters.

Regards,

Richard

That only the half of it, I ended up editing the screenshot to remove one that  was NSFW and a couple of demonic abominations I didn't want to afflict anyone else with.

Yeah, things like that will most likely get Ironed out. However It seems like some of the deformities are caused by a conflict between the prompts and the seed being used to generate the image. Because you can have it re-generate the same image (use the same seed) but change one prompt (like remove the word "smile") and you will end up with a very similar image but without the deformities.

I'll admit that question was mostly rhetorical, I know that with a bit of work I could probably pull it off, but my creativity just went on vacation so it might be a bit before I try.

As for my sculpting ability, I haven't really dedicated myself to it so I'm not sure. I'm also wondering how much of a difference the tools I use make. Are software like ZBrush and Substance Painter worth the investment or is Blender really all I need?

Your right about having lots of reference materials, that is one thing AI "art" generators are good for, rapid prototyping ideas. 

• Now, you may have hit upon the best use for AI at the moment: 'Rapid Prototyping of Images', a way of refining concepts more quickly & ruling out certain options.

Used in that way it could become less of a concern to people creating images. That use feels like a positive use for it amongst the concern I have seen about AI. It's rare for something to be only a threat, advantage has to be taken of its beneficial side and that can take a while to explore.

Regards,

Richard.

Just messing around.

edited July 2023

Daz's forum notifications don't seem to be working right, witch means it's a great time to start posting again. hahalaugh

Trying to get back in the swing of things. Re-did an old image using some new tricks and content.

WebNBot2SwimTest 02 2023 02c.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

A test I did back in April while working on improving my use of shaders and lighting.

edited July 2023

Garden Bunny 03.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 4M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited August 2023

She's a real knock out.

Total Knock Out 04.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 3M
    Total Knock Out2 03.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 3M
    Total Knock Out3 03.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited September 2023

This character came together well, but I'm not sure where I'm going with the outfit yet, and the image in my head would require a mountain of assets I probably can't afford.

Guess I'll just have to shelve it for now. Hmm... that shelf is looking kinda overloaded.

Sylph Gaelira Test 05.jpg
    3330 x 3600 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • What sort of assets are you thinking of? The character looks to interesting to languish longer in the shadows. Could PoserDazFreebies be a source of your solution?

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

What sort of assets are you thinking of? The character looks to interesting to languish longer in the shadows. Could PoserDazFreebies be a source of your solution?

Regards,

Richard

The ideas still growing and coming into focus, so I'm not sure about some stuff. I decided I want to do 2 similar images, one set in about the 16th century, the other in the near future (she is half Vampire after all).

I need a castle throne room or something similar. I do have the Winterblack sets, but I need to take a closer look to see if they will work, they'd probably need a full makeover. I will also need guards/soldiers, furnishings and decor from both eras. And every world dominating super villainess needs their scifi situation/war room right?

Then there's the main characters outfits. A fancy gown with a touch of evil queen vibes for the first image, she'll be sitting so a dynamic skirt would work best. I was thinking leather for the modern/scifi one (hence the body suit) but not too much, don't want her looking like a dominatrix or something.

Plus a hand full of other characters (werewolf, vampire, important looking people of various nationalities).

Yep, a rather ambitious sounding project.

I'm certainly no stranger to making use of freebies as I used nothing but free content from 2005-2012, and I'd say I'm pretty use to kitbashing by now as well. So even with my limited budget there's hope.

Speaking of budgets, that "RETIRING PRODUCTS" sale of Rhiannon's over @ rosity is a grave threat at the moment. 

edited September 2023

AthorCleo 03.jpg
    2800 x 1575 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited September 2023

Re-Brith (Aka The Cloners Are Panty Thieves, But I Sure Their Intentions Are Purely Scientific.)

Apparently some artifacts have gone missing from the historical archives, maybe the "boys" at the temporal cloning lab know something.

Starring Bill Redfern's very own Mzzkiti sporting her brand new commissioned texture set created by yours truly.

(cue Weird Al's "I Think I'm a Clone Now")

Mzzkiti's Rebirth.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited October 2023

Some dragon based critters I made back in August for future use with her.

Drek Runner.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 283K
    Rock Drek.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 333K
    Mud Drek.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 359K
    Thunder Drek.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 312K
    Drek Rex.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 459K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Can I ask: What's the point in spending so much time making such interesting looking new Saurians, if they are at immediate risk of extinction because she's around?

Regards,

Richard

edited October 2023

richardandtracy said:

Can I ask: What's the point in spending so much time making such interesting looking new Saurians, if they are at immediate risk of extinction because she's around?

Regards,

Richard

Well when your drowning in creative juices your only hope of survival is to create until they run dry.

Besides, she's like only 4 feet tall, I doubt she counts as an extinction level event.

Drekotops.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 365K
    HadroDrek L.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 407K
    Oni Dragon Size Chart.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 516K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2023

Hahaha cool:)) Want more^^

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Sven Dullah said:

Yeah, the DAZ Dragon 3 is pretty versatile, but I doubt anyone was thinking it would be used like this. I need more morphs!!! I''ll have to start making custom ones. 

edited October 2023

I'm just all over the place at the moment. 

This is Nanette (haha nanny goat), she's still a w.i.p. I think she could use a pelt and fancy transparency map (like my ^Werewolf Vampire queen^).smiley But then I might as well make a goat for Melody/Micah while I'm at it.frown I could also turn her into a satyr with the V4 creatures creator legs.

ahhh I've got too many projects going!!!

Nanette 01.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 806K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited October 2023

Sven Dullah said:

You asked for it!devil

Dreko Dioblo.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 377K
    HydroDrekus.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 478K
    Dreko Panther.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 318K
    StegoDrekus.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 443K
    OvisDrekus.jpg
    1196 x 882 - 351K
    Post edited by Ethin on

I'm a sucker for weird creatures, these are magnificentlaugh TY for making my day, and looking forward to seeing a couple of renderssmiley

edited October 2023

Heigh Ho 01.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 3M
    Heigh Ho 02.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Ethin said:

Too cute:)

Highlights on skin look nice, also DoF is perfect, cool stuff indeed:) 

Sven Dullah said:

Too cute:)

Highlights on skin look nice, also DoF is perfect, cool stuff indeed:) 

smiley Thanks!