Ethin's Art and ... stuff.

EthinEthin Posts: 974

Decided that I wanted a thread where I could post my art stuff regardless of completeness, software, render engine, genre, or base character.

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 974
    edited January 2022

I nabbed Azrea & Sylph for A3 as they are being shuffled off to "The Vault". Gave them a similar treatment to 3DSublime's Lilly for Aiko3.

Azrea n Sylph Azrea 01.jpg
    3330 x 3600 - 938K
    Azrea n Sylph Azrea M 04.jpg
    3330 x 3600 - 1M
    Azrea n Sylph Sylph 01.jpg
    3330 x 3600 - 901K
    Azrea n Sylph Sylph M 05.jpg
    3330 x 3600 - 1M
    Azrea n Sylph Test 03.jpg
    2220 x 2400 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

Love the Gobo effect Ethin. Your girls are quite lovely.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,746

Lovely!

DollyGirl said:

Love the Gobo effect Ethin. Your girls are quite lovely.

Gobo effect? Thanks!

Hylas said:

Lovely!

Thank you!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,034

A gobo is a cut-out placed over a light to cast light in a certain shape. I'm guessing he's referring to the shadows of the trees cast onto your characters. 

Ok, that's what that's called. Yep, I've done that a few times, mostly I just use the real thing to cast shadows.

edited February 2022

Another "Vault" refugee, this time Handspan Studios and Thorne's Jenna. Still mulling over the image I want to do, so just a test render of her for now.

A3 Jenna 03.jpg
    3330 x 3600 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited February 2022

P3Design's Carmen for V4 converted to Aiko3.

A3 P3D Carmen test 07.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited February 2022

I've had this image in my mind for years now. I recently got some scenery that might work and now I have the character. Wonder if I can pull it off by the 14th.

Love Fae Clair 2022 C 03.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Target Acquired!

Loves got you in it's sights!

Love fae Clair takes her vow to make the world a better place very serious.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Lovely render, the outfit on the Fairy is beautiful!

Ethin what outfit is the fairy wearing? Wondering minds want to know.

Paintbox said:

Lovely render, the outfit on the Fairy is beautiful!

Thank you!

DollyGirl said:

Ethin what outfit is the fairy wearing? Wondering minds want to know.

The dress is the free Tink Dress for A3 with a custom texture I made.

The arm straps are from Ryu - Dragon Tamer for H3.

Not sure what the chest straps are from.

Legs are part of Batlab's ribbon dress.

The roses are from Rose Jewelry for Genesis 3 Female.

Thank you Ethin. You did a very nice job on the kit bash. Did you have to convert the Hiro outfit to A3?

DollyGirl said:

Thank you Ethin. You did a very nice job on the kit bash. Did you have to convert the Hiro outfit to A3?

Your Welcome!

Thanks!

No I just Fit it to her. I had to adjust the length of it's forearm and shoulder nodes to get it to match her pose better and I used Mesh Smoothing to fix poke-throughs. It is a bit loose though. 

When you say nodes you are talking about the beginning and ending points on a bone, correct? Also how did you get such lovely bends on your girls was that through character sets created for A3? I am just wondering because you have really done a great job on an old figure. I would like to do the same for Victoria 2.

DollyGirl said:

When you say nodes you are talking about the beginning and ending points on a bone, correct?

Bones, joints, whatever (DS likes to be fancy and calls them nodes). I posed Aiko then adjusted the X scale of the strap's forearm and shoulder 'cause the bend for the hand didn't line up with the hand.

DollyGirl said:

Also how did you get such lovely bends on your girls was that through character sets created for A3? I am just wondering because you have really done a great job on an old figure. I would like to do the same for Victoria 2.

If your talking about the pose, I have two tricks I use (that is if I remember to use them).

First, I like to adjust some bone simultaneously in pairs, thigh-buttocks, abdomen-chest, neck-head, this can give better results.
    The second one is DS specific. I add Smoothing Modifier to Aiko, it's mainly ment to fix poke-throughs with clothes, but if its not set to collided with something it just smooths the mesh it's applied to.

If your talking about the the character morphs then the Smoothing Modifier affects them somewhat but other than that I don't know what to say, unless it's just 17 years of using Aiko.

Someone over @ rosity suggested I do a tutorial/walk-through of a character. It's an interesting idea (A video would be cool, but I'm not that tech savvy). What do people over here think, is that something you would be interested in?

• Ethin said:

DollyGirl said:

When you say nodes you are talking about the beginning and ending points on a bone, correct?

Bones, joints, whatever (DS likes to be fancy and calls them nodes). I posed Aiko then adjusted the X scale of the strap's forearm and shoulder 'cause the bend for the hand didn't line up with the hand.

Nodes are things that appear in the scene. Bones are one type of node, belonging to a figure node.

DollyGirl said:

Also how did you get such lovely bends on your girls was that through character sets created for A3? I am just wondering because you have really done a great job on an old figure. I would like to do the same for Victoria 2.

If your talking about the pose, I have two tricks I use (that is if I remember to use them).

First, I like to adjust some bone simultaneously in pairs, thigh-buttocks, abdomen-chest, neck-head, this can give better results.
    The second one is DS specific. I add Smoothing Modifier to Aiko, it's mainly ment to fix poke-throughs with clothes, but if its not set to collided with something it just smooths the mesh it's applied to.

If your talking about the the character morphs then the Smoothing Modifier affects them somewhat but other than that I don't know what to say, unless it's just 17 years of using Aiko.

ROFLlaugh

17 years and I'm still tripping over the terminology. And here I was think of doing a tutorial, good thing it would be on How Ethin Does Characters and not How To Use DS.laughcryinglaughlaugh

edited February 2022

Post edited by Ethin on

A video I made of converting a character from V4 to A3. https://youtu.be/N_X3U262y60

...And here is the girl from the video, after some more work.

Been in the midst of a creativity drought for almost two months but it's finally breaking.

Well I must say wow. Is this A3 with Starfox head? What bodysuit is she wearing? Details pretty please. Very nice render. Love the blue and greys and of course the little fox.

Thanks!!

Yep.

Aiko3's body

StarFox Krystal's Head

LittleDragon's Bushy tail 2

Mathew Hair for Genesis 3 Male

Manga-Anime Battlesuit for Genesis 2 Female

Belt from Hardcore M4

Psi Barracks

Quite a kit bash project Ethin. I am impressed that you got a G2F body suit to work on A3. Nice work. Well done. Thank you for sharing your work flow. 

edited May 2022

Your welcome.smiley

I'd say that fitting the bodysuit to her was pretty simple and strait forward, but since I do things like that all the time my perspective might be a bit skewed. laugh There's another video idea.

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited May 2022

Wip, been working on her since last July.

Crystalynn Aiko3 Blue CL 05.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on