Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Another great render David.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379
    edited August 2015

David-both underwater renders are awesome.

Playing with Horo’s Hdris and David’s clouds this render uses the Alpine terrain manipulated in the TE Filter, Gasclouds_A3, and one of David’s clouds.

Success --- thanks Stuartsmiley

exotic19.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 40K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited August 2015

Another render using David's and Horo's Clouds and Hdris

exotic05.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 55K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited July 2015

Thanks!

Oooh clouds...

Must resist being tempted back into the clouds...

Here I am trying to move closer to the surface

And...

I've tried to progress the rain effect theory a bit.  This version sees it more as a sort of streaky neutral density filter.  So not white rain or black rain, more grey on grey rain.

Shallowwater1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 1M
    Volume_rain4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 653K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited July 2015

@mermaid - nice renders, the first is a great landscape and the second looks abstractish.

@David - great underwater and nice rain scene.

I've been experimenting on overwater/underwater trying to incorporate an HDRI.

Over/Under

OwUw.jpg
    800 x 600 - 172K
    Post edited by Horo on

David- the rain render looking good

Horo - thanks, that's an interesting experiment, looks awesome.

edited July 2015

@mermaid - thank you.

Here's the armadillo from the Stanford Scanning Repository again, and again transparent. This time, the HDRI is inside it and it casts the shadows onto a sphere surrounding the scene. It is a bit transparent to let the stars shining in. Rendered through the gigantic wide angle fisheye lens.

Mutation

Mutation.jpg
    800 x 800 - 87K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited July 2015

Thanks for the kind words, DaveSavage, slepalex, c-ram, mermaid, and Horo!

@DaveSavage: Love the old/new town scenes. Models have lots of detail and you've brought those details out in Bryce.  You must have a ton of patience to modify those models. UGH!

@Horo: The Chimney Bug looks dangerous.  When it gets you, do you get the "flue"?! Get it?! flu/flue? Chimney flue?  *crickets*  Wow, what a tough crowd! Nevertheless, good job.  I like your experiments with the monster from the Standford Scanning Repos, especially the one with the inside HDRI.  

The overwater/underwater is looking pretty convincing.  One suggestion would be to move the direction of the light on the hut to the opposite side so it matches the direction of the HDRI.  The IOR on the boat is really a good cue.  

@mermaid:  The clouds look great.  The second one looks like the Northern Lights on overdrive!

@DavidBrinnen: Underwater and rain experiments look very realistic.  The caustics are quite realistic.  How are the render times?

Went back to one of my recent scenes and put in real grass clumps instead of the simulated ones. Gained a lot in render time (over 6 hours).  However, that being said, the real grass clumps aren't as dense as the simulated grasses so I suspect the overall gain wouldn't be that high if the densities were similar.  Plus, the simulated grass is a very viable option and I'm certainly not dismissing it.

Sorry to keep boring you with the variation of this scene. indecision  I'm currently rendering one where you can see the entire windmill, but I probably won't post it.  I can only bore you so much with this image and its derivatives. There's other stuff I need to bore you with and I will! LOL

The Hills are Alive7.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 2M
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892

@mermaid010, Fencepost52, Dave Savage, vivien1, Horo : Thanks for the comments. Indeed, cool to go beyond the last frontier.

@mermaid010: Love the surreal colour schemes in both versions.

@StuartB: Ha, a crosseyed dog (for a while, at least). Nicely done.

@David Brinnen: I think the volumetric rain works, but it is very heavy rain. Very great underwater work.

@Fencepost52: nice set of renders, I specifically like the last one.

@Dave Savage: wonderful medieval village renders. I like the night one best. Now some people in there?

@Horo: What are you doing now? Spreading bugs in the forums? Why did my bugblocker not stop this one? Great render on the Armadillo!

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited July 2015

Fencepost: I'm not sure it's about patience but more about not having a social life. laugh

Hansmar: I don't often do people because of all the phaffing about they require and being on a Mac, I have extra steps to take to get all the trans  maps and stuff in... But I did do this one last week for my Facebook page.

It's out of date now though... devil

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Mermaid - So glad you are able to post. Both very nice renders using clouds and Hdri. I really like the effect of the second one. Some sort of celestial storm falling to earth.

David - Great underwater renders. The one closer to the surface looks so real. And the rain is looking good

Horo - I have no idea how you've made  the overwater/underwater. It's brilliant

and I like your different armadillo renders , very nice.

Fencepost - I don't think you can never bore us with your beautiful landscapes. Keep on posting I'm hoping if I stared at your grass instancing long enough some of your technique will rub off on me.

Horo- the armadillo render is awesome,

Art - thanks, love your render will give a hand and a foot to make something so awesome.

Hansmar and Vivien thanks for the comments

edited July 2015

Horo's Sunless Hdri Skies is in the store. http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies

Two more renders using these Hdris

s04.jpg
    920 x 690 - 73K
    s12.jpg
    900 x 450 - 35K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    Great renders from everyone! Just to let you know that in august, I'm going to display some of my work in a showroom in my town. I have printed 9 pictures on canvas and here's the result.
    20150726_165927.jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 1M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Very nice.

I recognise that chalet smiley

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited July 2015
    Thank you Fishtales! Here's the flyers for the showroom. I'm making a private view in august the 8. If some of you are in France at this date, you'll be welcome!
    2015-07-26 17.07.38.jpg
    798 x 1139 - 645K
    Post edited by c-ram on

C-ram - Good Luck smiley

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892

Fencepost: I'm not sure it's about patience but more about not having a social life. laugh

Hansmar: I don't often do people because of all the phaffing about they require and being on a Mac, I have extra steps to take to get all the trans  maps and stuff in... But I did do this one last week for my Facebook page.

It's out of date now though... devil

I doesn't show the render for me, but a frame with a broken picture sign. 

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

Thanks Hansmar and Vivien!

@mermaid: Nice set of renders.  I picked up the HDRI's this morning, but haven't had a chance to play with them. Looking forward to that.

I had a social life once too. wink  Your picture doesn't show for me either.

Good luck c-ram.  I'm sure your work will be very well appreciated. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I am confused, which render doesn't show, as I am seeing all the renders on this page.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

For what it's worth, I'm seeing all the renders on that are on the page too.

• For what it's worth 2, I can see all the images but Dave's.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

What... Another mystery fault with Daz software? Surely not. laugh

I'll try again, this time from my laptop (I posted the other one from my desktop computer)

Nope, they wont attach from this computer at all... Oh well, I'm sure they'll fix this ridiculous software eventually.

jpg
    jpg
    OldeStreetNightALT.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    OldeStreetNightALT.jpg

@Fencepost - thank you. The Chimney Bug got its name from the 6 chimneys it has on top. The over-/underwater has other lose ends as well, the shore is missing and there's a risk of distortions. I'm still workig on it.
    Your landscapes are looking very real. Great work!

@Hansmar - thank you. The bug is not dangerous if you don't get it.

@Dave - Halloween render looks great. I've noticed that if you delete the thumbnail, the image embedded in the text may get lost. Here, however, I can see what Hansmar doesn't. The newest ones (just above my post) I can't see.

@vivien - thank you.

@mermaid - thank you. Nice use of the Sunless HDRI Skies.

@c-ram - congratulations! The flyer has the image mirrored, but who cares. Both renders are beautiful.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

I have had similar issues posting images on the forum and my gallery, I have noticed that if you post an image just after it has been edited using photoshop or paint shop this forum has issues with that! ...my simple solution is when you have finished editing, open the image in windows default paint and save it as a JPEG ....everytime i have done this the image has posted perfectly :)

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

@Tim Bateman

I'm still having problems uploading. Tried your Windows Paint option, still no joy.

Can't upload any images unless I upload them to an online image hosting site first and use the link

they supply for the image.

What... Another mystery fault with Daz software? Surely not. laugh

I'll try again, this time from my laptop (I posted the other one from my desktop computer)

Nope, they wont attach from this computer at all... Oh well, I'm sure they'll fix this ridiculous software eventually.

Those attachment icons are definitly broken.  Try removing them and then attach again.  THey often work the 2nd time if they didn't work the first time.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Stuart, your avatar also seems to be having problems...might be related as to how you are attributing your renders' final format.

Jay

Jamahoney said:

Stuart, your avatar also seems to be having problems...might be related as to how you are attributing your renders' final format.

Jay

It looks as though Stuart had one of the auto allocated avatar images, which have actually now all been removed, by public request.  Only personalised, uploaded avatars show now.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    Chohole said:
    Jamahoney said:

Jay

It looks as though Stuart had one of the auto allocated avatar images, which have actually now all been removed, by public request.  Only personalised, uploaded avatars show now.

Aha, thanks chohole...didn't know that. Must change my own sometime...it looks tired.

Jay

This discussion has been closed.