Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes, it was only the ones that were added using the attachment button that disappeared, the one inserted using the wysiwyg tools are still there.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

Is it safe to post images again?  Mine were lost, but easily repaired.  Also, is there a preference on which method we should use to post pics (attachment vs. inline)?

Yes it is safe.  We are happy with either method of insertion, but one problem is that the wysiwyg tools insertion method, auto resize is not working quite as it should, so we are oftem having to pop in and edit the size manually. Any image added that way that is below 1000pixels wide should be fine.

Inline (wysiwyg) is great for tutorial type posts, as the only limitation to the number of images attached is if they exceed the attachment maximum in kb.  That is 2mb   So quite a few people are attaching their tut images and then using the image locations from the attachments to insert them into an in line tutorial.

Chohole said:

Yes it is safe.  We are happy with either method of insertion, but one problem is that the wysiwyg tools insertion method, auto resize is not working quite as it should, so we are oftem having to pop in and edit the size manually. Any image added that way that is below 1000pixels wide should be fine.

Inline (wysiwyg) is great for tutorial type posts, as the only limitation to the number of images attached is if they exceed the attachment maximum in kb.  That is 2mb   So quite a few people are attaching their tut images and then using the image locations from the attachments to insert them into an in line tutorial.

Thank you very much.  Below a 1000 pixels it is.  That's an excellent way to do the tutorials. 

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379

@Jay - thanks for your comments

@Dragonfall - magnificent setup, absolutely beautiful thanks for sharing the aerial view.

@Art - I will repost the renders at a later date when the forum is a bit more reliable or should I say more stable. Love  your Hills are Alive

@Horo - thanks my renders are surreals not abstracts. wink Love your latest render, it's awesome. I hope all the attachments are inline - I don't like the thumbnail attachments.

I don't' have problems viewing the posts but I need my glasses to post as the print is so small and I need to keep enabling the SCAYT. For me personally I think copying a pasting from a Word Doc will be a solution. smiley

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136

Away working for a few days and everything changes!  Righto... I think most things are pretty obvious, but I can't see how to go about searching the forum posts?  This feature was pretty broken before but now I can't even find it.  So any clues would be gratefully recieved.

P66_example_with_clouds2_detail.jpg
    1360 x 765 - 740K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529

@David - Search has not yet been implemented. It's planned.

edited July 2015

@DavidBrinnen: That's a mighty fine cloud scene you have there. Love the detail and depth in the clouds.

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Away working for a few days and everything changes!  Righto... I think most things are pretty obvious, but I can't see how to go about searching the forum posts?  This feature was pretty broken before but now I can't even find it.  So any clues would be gratefully recieved.

That image reminds me of a Nebula you posted a while ago except denser :) 

edited July 2015

David you could try this  a quote from another thread

It does seem to work quite well.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • That my first and also last post to the new forum software here: How DAZ3D has implemented and tested the new forum software does not make the impression of a professional process I dare to say.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379

@David - another nice render.

@Electro-elvis - sooner or later we will get use to the new setup. Hang in there

edited July 2015

@Electro-Elvis - sorry to hear that. I agree that this forum has yet some potential to improve. We know that not all things new are better, neither were all old things better.

BrokenCliff

Another landscape render with stacked terrains, c-ram's windmill, a dinghy and an HDRI.

BrokenCliff.jpg
    800 x 480 - 80K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Horo

No image showing. It is showing in the source for the element but even copy and pasting the address into the browser gives a 404 page not found.

Yes even in source code it just shows a blank square

Thank you both. It showed for me, so I was in the same situation as Sandy. I deleted and reloaded it. It may be that deleting the thumbnail caused the problem. The link came wrong when I copied it (the thumbnail). I had to find the link in the source file. Now let's see whether it works.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2015

Works for me, Horo....and gorgeous lighting like your last one, too (nearly missed the boat in this one, though).

Jay

PS. Update is frustrating for all of us, elvis, so let's hope they'll get it going soon (currently having to log in every time).

Post edited by Jamahoney on

Working for me here, too, Horo.  Looks great. Nice incorporation of the boat and windmill.

Hang in there with the rest of us, Elvis. We'll make it through.

I'm dedicating this render to Horo and David Brinnen.  I would never have gotten along in Bryce without their products, free tutorials, and help through emails/PM's.  So here's to the both of you.  Thanks much!

Field Flowers 2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 917K

Working for me here, too, Horo.  Looks great. Nice incorporation of the boat and windmill.

Hang in there with the rest of us, Elvis. We'll make it through.

I'm dedicating this render to Horo and David Brinnen.  I would never have gotten along in Bryce without their products, free tutorials, and help through emails/PM's.  So here's to the both of you.  Thanks much!

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

i thought i would share my latest render :)

C_1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 194K

Not sure what I did wrong, but I double posted.  Chohole, you can delete one if you wish.

Tim, that's an awesome render. Love the detail.

@Jay - thank you.

@Art - thank you. Great render from you, thanks for the dedication, makes me blush.

@Tim - another great render.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thats a really nice render Tim. Reminds me of the movie Lake Placid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,891

@dragonfall1221: Wonderful set of renders. Quite a lot of work went into this scene!

@Fencepost52: great looking mountainscape. The scene with the mill is also very nice.

@Horo: Wonderful, both the landscape and the sky.

@David Brinnen: Lovely sky!

@Tim Bateman. Wonderful underwater. I won’t go swimming there!

I got hooked on the clouds too.

Here are three views of more or less the same clouds, with some changes in frequency of the noise and of the phase. I used stucco noise, standard and 1 octave. I like my clouds a bit dramatic. I also modified the colours in between 1 and 3 somewhere. I think I rendered one in regular mode without AA, or I forgot to completely render it after a stop, because the terrain (a modified one from Karanta) does not look so good. But, hey, this is all to show the clouds. 

I did change the saturation and contrast a bit, not too much on each of them.

thunderclouds1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 655K
    thunderclouds2a.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 780K
    thunderclouds3.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 769K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,891

Hi, no cloud this time, but a remake of my field of bulbs with windmill. I improved the windmill and changed the top slab for the field to give more variation. I also copy-pasted the flock of birds a few times and modified the copied ones somewhat, to get a better total flock.

The windmill still needs some work, because the sails of the wings do not connect correctly to the wings yet (I corrected that in Bryce). Some day I will correct it in Hexagon and make the windmill available for everyone.

bollenveld1a.jpg
    927 x 695 - 605K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

The smallest and simplest tasks turn into complex time consuming behemoths...

My simple idea was to make a simple 10p coin... Easy peasy, errrr... three days later and it's still not finished.

I ended up making the basic geometry in Wings and UV mapping it there also... Then into Bryce and trying to mix David Brinnens excellent metals materials with my UV map. Anyway, two versions; One the heads and tails, the other some stacks.

CoinsX2.jpg
    650 x 400 - 157K
    CoinPiles.jpg
    1300 x 800 - 640K
  • @Fencepost52 - your renders make me want to pack a picnic and go hiking. Especially the one with the wildflowers. Reminds me of Switzerland. Beautiful work ^_^

@David Brinnen - Amazing clouds. it look like a dream

@Horo - Beautiful scene. Your lighting is so natural.

@Tim Bateman - Lovely details. Definitely not swimming there :)

@Hansmar - Thank you. Nice thunderheads

@Hansmar - interesting clouds. Windmill scene looks very nice.

@Dave - nice coins, certainly not the most easy to get light and specular right.

@dragonfall - thank you.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

HELLO, Is anybody there? I can't see any post past the 14 July.

Either you are all showing your displeasure with the new setup  or I can't go past page 29

Either way, If any one is around

David and Horo - Great cloud effects and

Horo. I really like your caged garden and the windmill scenery

Slepalex - Thank you for sharing your knowledge

Sandy - Nice fog experiment. I like the forth one

Mermaid -  Thank you. Nice setting for the country house model

Dave - Stonehenge looks really nice and great render of coins

Art - Really great collection of landscapes.  Especially the hills are alive and the one dedicated to Horo and David

Hansmar - I am glad you are asking all the questions about slabs. Saves me from doing it.  Nice renders with the poplars

Sandy -  Great render using the country house. Where did you get all the elves.

Dragonfall -  The finish garden looks superb

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

May be that page 29 is not full yet and no one has posted since the 14th.

This discussion has been closed.