Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited July 2015

If you look at the bottom of the page above the comment box it shows we are now up to page 30, with this post :)

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

There are now,  the thread has spawned a page 30 just to say that there are only 29 pages, how apt.

Chohole said:

There are now,  the thread has spawned a page 30 just to say that there are only 29 pages, how apt.

Edited it  cool

edited July 2015
    Fishtales said:
    Chohole said:

Edited it  cool

OK 

Truth to tell, what is confusing some people is that this new forum has more posts on a page.  In the old forum we would now be on page 60 

Post edited by Chohole on
    vivien1 said:

Sandy -  Great render using the country house. Where did you get all the elves.

I finally found him yes

http://www.daz3d.com/toon-christmas

http://www.daz3d.com/toon-elf

Cheaper getting the bundle surprise

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136

Just for fun try feeding some of your renders through the Dreascope https://dreamscopeapp.com/

This was the clouds I uploaded the other day processed through the "trippy" filter.  You can clearlysee the animal faces in the clouds now.  The filtering process takes about 15 seconds.

60a6d79d-794c-48c1-a820-4ad652847c4b.jpeg
    800 x 450 - 78K

Now that is clever. Looks good too yes

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited July 2015

Is anyone else having a problem uploading images to here or the Bryce Render Challenge thread?

Or is it just me. I posted in the challenge thread about the problem.

Edit: It does it with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited July 2015

I posted images to another thread this morning and they worked fine. I haven't posted to the bryce threads so I don't know if there is a problem with them.

Edited to try an image.

Seems to work.

purple-shoreline-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 564K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Most are fine.  How are you trying to uoload?  using the Attachment butto below the type pane?  like this

elf got gardening on the brain merge.jpg
    900 x 900 - 376K
    edited July 2015

Trying to upload by clicking the Attach a file link below the comment box.

I browse to the file and select the one I want and it just sits there saying Uploading.

It worked fine when I uploaded the image of the Dog House in the challenge thread.

If I click the Image button next to the Flag it asks for a URL, but the image is on my PC.

Post edited by StuartB on

Try running Task Manager on Networking and see if the file is actually being uploaded from your hard drive.

Thanks Sandy but it's not a problem with my network connection. I can upload whatever I need to anywhere else, images, music, apps etc.

Not sure what is going wrong Sturart, especially as it worked for you with the other file.  Maybe try clearing cache and DAZ 3D cookies and try again?

Just tried the same image but in .tif format instead of a jpg and it uploaded it in about 15 seconds, but then told me that "Uploaded file type is not allowed", which I expected.

Although it wont display the file it did upload it.

edited July 2015

Maybe resave it from the original into a different jpg with a different name.  It could be that the files has corrupted duirng the save.

BTW, as I understand it attachments are limited ti 1mb, but you can attach multiple attachments  I have seen one post which had 10 image attachments, each of which was between 300-400kb

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited July 2015

@vivien1 - thank you.

@David - funny filters from dreamscopeapp.

@Sandy - nice scene.

@Pam - funny flower lady. I particularly like the ear rings.

Villa Italien

The villa is the beta version of Army's (Alan Armstrong) Italian Villa, a great model made up almost completely of Bryce primitives. Light and backdrop is from an HDRI I made, the sun provides the key light. I hope it is different enough from the render I submitted to the challenge. This one is called Villa Italian.

VillaItalian.jpg
    800 x 534 - 107K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Chohole. Just trying that now but it's just doing the same.

Could it be too small? it's 855 x 378 pixels or can it only be too big.

I know to upload images to my Bryce Gallery they have to be at least 400 x 400.

edited July 2015

This is really strange Stuart.   I have upload quite small Piccies,  Only thing this one doesn't do is animate as an attachment

100 x 100 - 8K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited July 2015

While Stuart cannot upload, I had my stuff 4 times. If you have the time, Pam, I'd appreciate if you could get rid of the three Deleted messages. They clutter the forum.

EDIT: Thank you Pam!

Post edited by Horo on

Thanks very much for the help.

It seems after all that it IS a problem on my PC somewhere but only with Daz Forums.

Went on to my wifes PC and logged in to the forums and it let me post an image straight the way without any problems.

I need to investigate whats going on with mine now.

Thanks again.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited July 2015

There's still something broken with the new forums, I haven't been able to post images for a while now.  They attach, but they show up as the broken icon instead of a thumbnail, and clicking on them gives me a not found page.  It worked briefly way back at the beginning, but something changed.  Or, possibly they ARE posting and I just can't view them.

EDITED TO ADD: It's random.  I just tried now here, and it works.  I just tried now in another thread, and it doesn't work there.

testing image attachment.png
    144 x 213 - 11K
    Post edited by sriesch on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited July 2015

@Dave Savage: The coins look very good. 

@Fencepost52: Amazing flowers. I suppose it is a procedural texture and David's grass technique?

@Hansmar: I like the clouds on your third picture most. Your windmill picture reminds me on an oil painting. Very well done.

@Tim Bateman: Impressive crocodile (or is it an alligator) what ever it looks quite dangerous.

@David Brinnen: your clouds with animal faces look pretty daliesque. Nice!

@Chohole: Only flowers in its mind ;-) I agree with Horo. Lovely earrings

@Horo: You have nicely lit this impressiv mansion.

@StuartB, sriesch: Sorry to hear you are having trouble with uploading. Now I am anxious, if I can upload a picture. Oh? I was lucky.

I have just played around a bit with Bryce and a Genesis 2 figure. 

I used the "Premium Effects", because I think True Ambience makes a fairly good looking skin. In the beginning I just had the lady and the little table. I gradually added the other things.

streetcafe.jpg
    800 x 800 - 529K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Electro-Elvis

Nice. Very continental/cafe looking scene.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited July 2015

Something facinating about this https://dreamscopeapp.com

P66_l2.jpg
    1105 x 850 - 893K
    228bcd04-8ab1-4262-8b7a-42a26d9d7c0b.jpeg
    800 x 615 - 106K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

Something facinating about this https://dreamscopeapp.com

I think I could really have fun with that

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited July 2015

Re imported this tower that I've used in the past and given it a proper facelift in Bryce.

It's a good quality model and the UV are well put together... I only wish I could remember where I picked it up.

SkyscapeTowerALTSmall.jpg
    800 x 468 - 191K
    TowerCliffSmall.jpg
    800 x 468 - 208K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited July 2015

And here's some of the detail in it... I think these turned out particularly well.

TowerClockSmall.jpg
    800 x 1232 - 391K
    TowerClockALTSmall.jpg
    800 x 1232 - 656K
    jpg
    jpg
    TowerBalcony.jpg
    TowerBalcony.jpg
    633 x 975 - 336K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

---

Re imported this tower that I've used in the past and given it a proper facelift in Bryce.

It's a good quality model and the UV are well put together... I only wish I could remember where I picked it up.

Pretty certain that's http://www.daz3d.com/eminence - one of Jack Tomalin's earlier creations for Platinum Club. I love the way you used it - nice pics! smiley

Imdeed you are correct Melanie... Thank you. smiley

This discussion has been closed.