Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Reworked version of a render I made 7 years ago.

Dancing for Anubis

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2023

random stuff

The Control Center awe.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

edited January 2023

In case you missed it, there's a new AWE Shading Kit out, along with updated AWE Environment Sphere, AWE Surface and AWE Hair. If you already have the kit installed, all you need to do is download the zips, extract them, find the shader .sdl files and replace the old corresponding files inside your applications/DAZStudio 4.xx/shaders/wowie. IIRC six files to replace.

Testing it now;) Tks a lot wowie!!

(pure HDRI light, image updated)

PS If someone needs help with installing, just let me know;)

edited February 2023

GargoyleReptilian awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

...just another escalated testrender...

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

I love the lighting but it almost looks like the spotlights from the sides aren't pointed correctly at the stage; because they're tilted a litlte towards the camera, it almost seems like they're not projecting "forward" from the lamp frames but almost pointing "backwards" a bit. 

-- Walt Sterdan

edited February 2023

wsterdan said:

I love the lighting but it almost looks like the spotlights from the sides aren't pointed correctly at the stage; because they're tilted a litlte towards the camera, it almost seems like they're not projecting "forward" from the lamp frames but almost pointing "backwards" a bit. 

-- Walt Sterdan

Tks for commenting! You're right, the volumetrics look off, even though the spots are perfectly aligned to the normal direction of those "light planes". I think it's because they start from a point of infinite smallness!? The obvious solution would be to use area lights for the depth pass, but it's a question of rendertimes. And, when I started to build this scene, in the back of my head I had the thought of maybe making a short animation (stupid songs should be short hehe), so tried to simplify stuff as much as possible. Without that audience and volumetrics I was down to 3 minutes/frame...long story short;) So I'll have to re-design some stuff, obviously.. 

I think it just might be an illusion caused by the angle of the camera. It's not that big a thing and probably isn't worth worrying about, the picture itself is excellent.

-- Walt Sterdan

edited February 2023

When it comes to music, I much prefer stuff like this nowadayssmiley

Marnie Library awe2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Great image, I love the metalic highlights/reflections on the gramophone and the background scrollwork.

What was used for the flames?

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:

Great image, I love the metalic highlights/reflections on the gramophone and the background scrollwork.

What was used for the flames?

-- Walt Sterdan

Tks! I just used J Tomalin's excellent original flame color- and opacity maps with wowie's arealight shader applied to two planes.

Good ol' Jack! Got it, thanks! 

-- Walt Sterdan

edited February 2023

...in a NVIATWAS-style...

CaveGirl G awe.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    edited February 2023

VildeG2 awe.png
    1600 x 1489 - 3M
    edited February 2023

...made for LL's RAM challenge...Feb/Sydney

edited February 2023

...made for no particular reason;)

VildeG3 awe.png
    1600 x 1778 - 4M
    VildeG1 awe.png
    1600 x 1778 - 4M
    edited February 2023

stuff

ZacVilde awe2.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M

Sven Dullah said:

...made for no particular reason;)

Very nice, much improved. The first time it was posted, it seemed like she was wearing caked-on makeup, this looks natural. The more subtle green on the second is kinda cool.

-- Walt Sterdan 

Thanks Walt! I just play around with wowie's updated shaders and see what comes out of it. I had the idea of filling a closed space with a bunch of saturated emissive cubes, and I find the result quite interesting;) So the most saturated render is the original. The other ones are products of my dabbling in GIMPsmiley I kinda like the secod one too;)

edited February 2023

H Cargo Landed awe2.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M

Ethin said:

Nicely done! 

Sven Dullah said:

Nicely done! 

Thanks!

Was my first time using UberEnvironment, mainly because the room loaded with it, but also my ambient lighting rig I cooked-up 15 years ago wasn't doing the job this time.

The only thing I can think of to improve the image would be if there was a way to get deeper shadow under the furniture. 

Ethin said:

Sven Dullah said:

Nicely done! 

Thanks!

Was my first time using UberEnvironment, mainly because the room loaded with it, but also my ambient lighting rig I cooked-up 15 years ago wasn't doing the job this time.

The only thing I can think of to improve the image would be if there was a way to get deeper shadow under the furniture. 

Sure, and yeah that would add even more depth to it. Just increase the UE2 trace distance and possibly occlusion strength if not 100 already. Might require more occlusion samples. 

edited February 2023

A Sunset Study

OceanSunset awe 3gds.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited February 2023

Sven Dullah said:

Sure, and yeah that would add even more depth to it. Just increase the UE2 trace distance and possibly occlusion strength if not 100 already. Might require more occlusion samples. 

I tried what you suggested but it only cleared up the noise in the shadows.

Then I had the idea of using an area light on the ceiling with the intensity almost off and the shadow intensity turned way up.

Belladonna Val 2023 12.jpg
    2800 x 1575 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Ethin said:

Sven Dullah said:

I tried what you suggested but it only cleared up the noise in the shadows.

Then I had the idea of using an area light on the ceiling with the intensity almost off and the shadow intensity turned way up.

Ok, it probably depends on what lighting model you use, and the amount of indirect light, which might blow out occlusion. But that's a nice workaround for sure;)

If you want to soften that shadow more you can try moving the emitter closer and/or scale it up as much as possible. Might need to adjust light levels a tad to compensate. And if you enable Fantom it will be invisible to camera.

Sven Dullah said:

Ok, it probably depends on what lighting model you use, and the amount of indirect light, which might blow out occlusion. But that's a nice workaround for sure;)

If you want to soften that shadow more you can try moving the emitter closer and/or scale it up as much as possible. Might need to adjust light levels a tad to compensate. And if you enable Fantom it will be invisible to camera.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks for all the tips! 

edited February 2023

another day, another beach:)

WineRaven awe 1g.png
    3840 x 2160 - 4M